Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WEDNESDAY'S THOUGHTS

I had a really nice day with my mom yesterday.  We went to lunch at one of our favorite places, The Corner Bakery, and had a light little meal.  After that we went over to Bed, Bath and Beyond as my mom wanted to look for a new comforter.  And we found one!  Soo pretty, just the perfect colors, and one of those complete sets in a bag.  And!  On clearance.  Doesn't get much better.  She was soo excited.  I got a few goodies too. My hubby got a new Keurig for his birthday as you might recall.  Well, I needed a way to display his coffee choices, so I got a really nice spinning display shelf, AND a large box of coffee choices, AND!  a basket that you can put into it which gives you the option of using your own coffee grounds.


I really like the way it looks.  After our shopping we came back to her house and put the new comforter on her bed to see what we thought.  It was great!   My mother has made me (and all of her children) sets of cloth coasters that are just the BEST coasters in the world.  I have a set for my living room, and also a set for Fall decor and Christmas decor.  But I was really needing a set for my family room.  So I asked her if she had any in "the works" that might work for this.  (She hasn't made any of these in quite a while) She pulled a set out that was all cut and ready to go.  The colors are perfect.   All I have to do is sew them.  I am hoping to get around to this later on this afternoon, or maybe tomorrow.  When I get them done I will be sure and post a picture or two so that you can see just how cute they are, and how perfect.  I am thinking I am also going to make up a set for Valentines day decor, and maybe some for the 4th of July as well.  THEN!!  I am finally going to do my give away.  I know I have mentioned give aways before and then not carried through, so I probably shouldn't say anything about this yet.  But I can never keep myself quite.  This time, it IS going to happen.  I will get some sets made up, and then let you know the details about the give away.

Last night as I was laying in bed praying it occurred to me that "IF" and it is a big "IF" we get out to see Sam in Feb. like we plan, he will already be 5 months old!!  5 months!!  I can hardly bear it.  He was just a sweet little newborn the last time I saw him, and in the blink of an eye he is already a few months old.  I feel like I am missing soo much.  It is hard I am not going to lie.  I want to hold him REALLY bad!!  But this morning when I woke up my daughter called and told me she had posted several new pictures of him.  She sends me quick little videos of him almost every other day, so I have heard him laughing etc. too.  Thank goodness for all these ways to keep connected.  It is not the same of course, but it sure beats the way it used to be.  She does not have access to Skype yet, but we are working on it.  Meanwhile, I just HAVE  to share his latest photo session with his mama....He sooo looks like her in many of these pics.

3 AND HALF MONTHS....HOW ADORABLE IS THIS?? SUCH A HAPPY BABY

HIS MAMA'S PRETTY EYES

THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE....SOO SWEET...LOOK AT HIS LITTLE HANDS!

HE DIDN'T LAST OVER 30 SECONDS SHE SAID, BUT STILL!!

HE LOVES THIS NEW LITTLE JUMPER

ESPECIALLY THIS LION..

SAM AND THEIR DOG BAXTER....BFF'S, HAHA

I REMEMBER THIS SAME EXPRESSION ON HIS MAMA'S FACE
Well, I guess my "break time" is up, and I need to get busy on a few things.  Hope this finds all of you enjoying your week, and finding joy in His blessings!

One last one....

LOVE HIM!

10 comments:

  1. Boy does he look like his Daddy!!! Such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day and to end it with these precious pictures. Aren't you glad you have the internet and all the modern ways to keep in touch? This is something past generations didn't have.

    Well I hope you get to make that trip to hold him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam is a darling and I think he looks like both of his parents. I love him in those little overalls. My boys both wore those when they were tiny. Such sweet memories.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam has grown so much! He is so adorable! Love those blue eyes! Sounds like shopping was fun with your mom! Enjoyed the ice cream post as well! Sorry I missed a day! Hope you're having a nice Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie, I too think the Sam bug has bit me cause I'm head over heals over him. He is soooo adorable. I know how hard it is for you to be so far away but thankful it is just a plane ride away and they are not oversees or something. Loved hearing about your day with your mom-great job finding the comforter. As for the Keurig-hubby and I had used one many years ago(before they had a personal size)and I loved it! In fact I asked hubby about getting one but he declined saying the individual servings were just too costly. Enjoy yours.
    Hugs to you today, happy sewing.
    Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I smiled all the way through this post!Now did you two girls practice your card game so that next time you will beat those guys? LOL.
    I so relate to wanting to hold that grand baby, but I too am thankful for the new technology we have.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me how to do the header, I just haven't had time to be on my computer lately ,I am still trying to catchup..
    Enjoy your week,
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a very nice day. What a pretty baby. He is growing like a weed. I can't believe how fast.
    I hope you do get to go for a visit.
    It was nice to check in today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is absolutely PRECIOUS, and I understand exactly why you long to hold him. I'm truly grateful for things like the internet and SKYPE (Hope she gets it soon) to bridge the gap between the miles.

    Just think of how hard it must have been back in the pioneer days.

    I pray that your IF turns into a definite WHEN.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie
    Your Sam is so cute! I know how hard it is being a long distance g'ma. But we are lucky to be able to have photos within minutes now and can let them hear our voices by phone now too.
    We just do what we can!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!