Monday, February 6, 2012

HAPPY MONDAY!

Good morning!  Hope you all had a restful, enjoyable week-end!  I am sipping HOT tea, (smile) and listening to my new washer and dryer whir, (haven't stopped appreciating those yet) and am planning out in my head my day.  I am hoping to get to the grocery store this morning (right after I finish here) and this afternoon I want to start working on some baby nighties and blankets that I am wanting to make for my nieces coming baby.  I probably won't post any pics of finished items until after her "sprinkle" in early March, as she occasionally reads this I think and wouldn't want to ruin any surprises.  But I really got some DARLING fabric.  Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE fabric?  haha  It has been a lifelong (it seems) love of mine.  I love the smell of fabric, the feel of it, and the imaginations it brings.  I am always thinking, "now what could I make out of this?"  I use to drive my kids wild with it I think.  My son even used a story of having to go to the fabric store in his message a couple of weeks ago, haha.

Our week-end was a good one.  We spent Sat. morning on some necessary chores, and Sat. afternoon visiting with the birthday boy Cody.  I FORGOT my camera after carefully charging the battery, so there are no new pics afterall.  But he really enjoyed his gift, and we enjoyed him.  We came home and barbecued some yummy fish and watched a movie starring Sissy Spacek.  I don't remember the name of it now, but it was really pretty good.  She was soo young in it.  Sunday found us at church and then lunching and visiting with them.  We watched the super bowl and were disappointed that the Patriots lost.  They really just did not play their usual game.  Oh well, I guess there is always next year.  James and Larissa went back to church around 5:45 for a prayer service and we kept the kids.  They are really always soo good for us.  Grandma enjoyed every minute.

Many things go on in all of our lives I am very sure that are just soo hard.  Sickness, death, money issues, rebellions and the list could just go on and on.  I am not one to talk about alot of these issues in my own life here on this blog, but I of course deal with all of these things everyday.  Our lives here on this earth are FAR from perfect, and our struggles will go on until the Lord calls us home.  But as I have been studying James, I am really working at looking at these trials in a different way.  He allows these things in my life for very specific purposes, and IF (the big question) I let them He really can and does work them for my ultimate good.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

How I love the verse.  Just KNOWING that whatever it is that is happening, He WILL work it our for good!


Romans 8:31  What then shall we say to these things?  If God is for us, who can be against us?  

Evidence that God is for us??  The gift of Jesus Christ. One person plus God makes an unconquerable majority.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

THE CUTEST PATRIOT FAN EVER!


9 comments:

  1. Hi there, I love that we are both studying James at the same time. Yes I think Samuel is the cutest fan ever, did you know that Tom Brady was raised in San Mateo-our old stomping ground. I agree with you that each of us has trials and yet we don't share here in such a public place. I don't think I mentioned we are coming back to northern Ca. for a week-but will hit the ground running, seeing family and friends.
    Have a blessed day my friend.
    Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Sam is a sweetie. My husband was for the Giants (being a New York fella) so he was quite happy with the outcome of the game.
    Nothing touches our lives without God seeing and knowing. I know He turns everything around for our good and His glory.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. And still wearing a smile! The rest of the Patriots' fans are not quite as chipper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get great comfort knowing that God is in control of all things that may come into my life.
    Encouraging scriptures
    Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are starting James in Sunday School next week. I've studied it several times before, but I always come away with some new (to me) nuggets of truth as well as reminders of truths I've heard before but need to hear again. ;-)

    Barbecued fish? Do tell! Sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Debbie, and I love your header picture. Thank you for sharing your life with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post! I love your little Patriot fan.

    I love the way that you said "IF" we will just let them. You're so right. One fleshy thing I constantly strain against is perspective. I am so sinfully prone to remember that God is good, all the time. That being the case, all that works around me is for my benefit. Sometimes, it feels like a vaccination to a baby, and I cry like one too, but my all knowing God knows just what I need a shot of because, well... He knows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! First because of Sam! So adorable!!! And second I need to read James as part of my devotions. We are struggling with adjusting to this new income and everything is okay, but it's hard to get my mind wrapped around the new normal. Thanks for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!