It is Wed. again already and time for HODGEPODGE. I really do want to thank Joyce from This side of the Pond for hosting this fun meme. You can join the others posting HERE.
1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day? Nothing too big planned for tomorrow. I plan on getting the rest of my presents together for Michelle's shower and getting it all wrapped...and running a few errands.
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part? I am trusting the gal at the shop where I went on Monday with some digestive enzymes. She is CONVINCED that all of my problems are coming from the fact that I have no gallbladder and am not digesting my food completely. Soo far, it does seem to be helping with the issue I went in there with, HOWEVER, it is creating another...sigh. She told me to HANG ON and keep going and SOON I will be back to normal (whatever that is, haha)
3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far? I am not really doing anything in particular to observe Lent. However, I am making a concentrated effort to control my tongue which is coming more from my study of James than because it is Lent. However, whatever we can do for making our hearts more like His is a good thing. So far I am doing only OK. But I am convinced He will give the strength I need to do better and better.
4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire? We have had a VERY mild winter here and so we have not had a fire since Christmas Day.
5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option? I probably would be difficult and ask for the menu. I don't particularly care for Lobster, and while I love steak I probably shouldn't be eating much of that either. I would want to order some nice Mahi Mahi, or Salmon.
6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose? Oh Little House on the Prairie for sure. Though I realize of course everyone is grown up by now, and Pa has passed away, HOWEVER since we are wishing for the impossible anyway I will just pretend that this is all possible somehow. ; )
7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat? Oh I am definitely a gnat. I find it truly scary sometimes how bad my memory can be.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am very excited for Friday. I have got my check list out and am making quick work of it. I don't know if we are going to be able to pull off all the kids getting together at the same time what with work schedules etc., but we will come close, and all of her brothers will be here at least one of the days....It was REALLY cold here yesterday, or I guess I should really cold for California, as we did get down into the low 40's. I LOVED it. I would enjoy just a little more of winter than we get. I imagine all you cold state gals think I don't know what I am talking about, and I imagine you would be right. Hope you are all having a good week!
|3 DAYS AND COUNTING GRANDMA!|