Friday, March 30, 2012

HAPPY FRIDAY...

Well here we are to Friday AGAIN and almost the very last day of March!  Time is whipping by.  I enjoyed Bible study yesterday as always and after lunch headed to the docs office to have my stitches removed and hear my results.  It turns out that I do have a Basil cell skin cancer.  No big deal really, and not something I wasn't expecting.  However I do have to have some more of it removed which is scheduled for April 30th.  Not looking forward to it of course, but I wish all things were that easy to solve.  My upper GI didn't show much really other than I have a MILD case of Acid Reflux which again I was pretty much expecting.  My doc has said all along he thinks it is a big part of my problem, but STILL don't know if I am buying it, haha.  He honestly believes a bigger part of my problem is due to the fact that I no longer have a gall bladder (removed YEARS ago) and digestion is becoming more and more of a problem as a result.  I have been feeling MUCH better recently so I do think the digestive enzymes are helping.  He also said (always encouraging, lol) that there is a chance we will never know for sure what exactly is going on.  Sooo, I guess for now it is the old.....just move along....as I am forever telling my kids.  I will eat as sensibly as I can, and pray the Lord heals me which I know He can if he so chooses, and thank Him I feel as good as I do.  I am also prayerfully considering doing my knees.  A MUCH bigger deal in the scheme of things.  I will see is all I am going to say about that.  I have my referral, and x-ray orders, and that is as far as I am for now.  And now having said all of this, I am going to put all these annoying physical things aside, and focus in some other more enjoyable areas of my life.  : )

I am looking forward to tomorrow as we are going to celebrate Jeffie's birthday, though his birthday is not really until the 6th.   He is going to have a "Star Wars" party at his daddy's karate school, and I am sure the kids will all love it. 

My mom and step dad are REALLY suffering.  Times have become so hard for both of them.  It is very difficult to watch your parents age and become more and more dependent, less and less able to cope with just everyday life.  I had to take my mom to the doc's again today and for more blood work, and it is just sad how hard it is for her to get around.  Hopefully they can adjust her medication so that she will be less unsteady how her feet.

Guess that's about all I've got for now.  Hope you all have a wonderful week-end!

GRANDMA'S CUTIE!



11 comments:

  1. I'm really glad to read that the test didn't reveal anything life threatening or worse than you expected. I know what it's like to have something you just have to live with. UGH.

    And I understand about aging parents. My mom uses a wheeled walker a lot of the time now. She's still trying to keep up with the same "can do" spirit, but it's hard to see her in pain so often.

    Sigh.

    But the party sounds FUN! I love kids' parties so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I'm so glad there wasn't anything really serious that showed up. I have been told that as we age we stop making digestive enzymes and that causes problems so we need to take a supplement to help our bodies. Sounds like a fun time will be had for Jeffie.
    So sorry about your mom and step dad, it is hard to watch loved ones age.
    Sending you lots of love and wishes for a blessed weekend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your tests didn't show anything too bad...its funny I went throught the same thing last fall..they did all kind of tests for my stomach (endoscopy, ultrasound, scans) and came up with the same answer....must be reflux...handed me some prilosec and told me they would see me in 6 months...hope you start to feel better.
    I know all about the parents...I see my parents world getting smaller and smaller...unfortunately we live too far away to be much assist but tey do have my sibs to help...hope you have a nice weekend..enjoy the party
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you add that precious pic, or was it just not showing on my blog when I came earlier? He's so adorable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, so happy to hear that this can be taken care of for you. I hope you can manage your discomfort through diet, and that you will find the foods that make you feel the best, and avoid those that don't agree with you. Your grandson is adorable! Have fun at Jeffie's party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery! I will definitely be praying for a GREAT outcome! And for your mom and stepdad. Hope you had a nice time at the party. I'm sure it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grandma's cutie is adorable!!! And, sorry to hear about your parents and the hard time they are having.

    Hope you can work through the things that are giving you trouble and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your grandma's cutie photo! And it is hard to see your parents get old. My mom died seven years ago but my dad is doing fairly well in his 80'. However, my husband's mom is the one who has many challenges lately. She insists on staying in her own home at 87 years old and is fiercely independent but really needs help. Hopefully, with our recent move closer to her we can be of more help.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that stomach distress must be a hard problem to diagnose ... my sister is going through some of the same kind of thing. They made an initial diagnosis a few years back, and now they think that diagnosis was an error. But they don't have a new diagnosis. Have you given any thought to getting a second opinion? Might be worth considering since you're not sure that the answers that you're getting are correct ... and that the meds aren't really helping. Just a thought.

    I'm sorry that your mom and stepdad are having an increasingly difficult time. :-( It's so hard to watch and have to deal with aging parents.

    Glad that the biopsy results turned out well, all things considered. Praying for a simple surgery, with a good outcome and quick healing.

    Loved seeing the picture of your little sweetie ... he's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You take everything in stride, Debbie knowing that the Lord will be right there with you every step. It is very challenging to watch parents fail. All a part of running the race, but still... It gives comfort to remember that the Lord walks with them every step, too, as they yield to Him.

    Hope that the birthday party was a blast! Blessings this holy week.

    (Sorry about the mess...I really botched that comment.)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!