Monday, April 9, 2012

WEEK-END HAPPENINGS, AND AN EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT!

We had such a BUSY last 3 days that I think I am going to need ALL of this one to recover, haha.  Seriously though, what a good time we had.  It started Friday afternoon when my youngest son James and his family drove up from San Diego to spend the late afternoon and evening with us to celebrate his birthday.  Both of his brothers and little Jeffie too joined us for dinner at the Outback.  Soo yummy.  I had to laugh as we pulled into the restaurant parking lot and the kids were asking their daddy "what" kind of food this restaurant had?   James told them, "It's the REALLY good kind of food restaurant" and little Capri (7 years) said, "Oh good, I feel like steak!"  haha  Such a girl after Grandma's heart.  ; )  Anyway, after dinner we came back over here and the kids ran and played and the adults chatted away.   It was good to catch up, but it is always more fun to reminisce.  No one left till close to midnight, so it was a pretty late night for this Grandma.

Saturday found us sleeping in a little bit (sooo something I almost never do!) and relaxing our morning away.  Then we headed out to get some lunch and do a few of our little errands.  By the time we finished up and got back we had dinner and watched a little TV and went to bed early both to catch up a little from the night before, and because we knew the next day would be a long one.  I felt like something different for dinner so fixed us some stuffed peppers.  REALLY good....just saying.  I got the recipe off of Pintrest.  How much I enjoy that sight, though I think I spend more of time just browsing.  It is like a REALLY good magazine, haha.

Sunday morning started nice and early and just couldn't have been better.  The church was packed (as it so often is on Easter) and the worship service was just soo good.  I found myself so swept away with it all.  There is nothing quite like Easter morning praise music as you join with so many others who are just as busy worshipping Him.  The message was the first evangelical type message I have heard my son preach.  He usually teaches verse by verse as he goes through a particular book, but yesterday was the perfect opportunity for this type of a message and he took full advantage of it, and several people did get saved.  It is just always so moving to witness the moving of the Holy Spirit, and a life saved and changed for ever more.  After service there was plenty of snacks and lots of fellowship and even an Easter egg hunt for the little ones.  They all had a ball.  Here are a couple of pics of this group of grands.  I have stolen them from Facebook because even though I did remember to charge my camera, I am not knowing how to download them yet on the new computer.  I really do hate that I am soo challenged by electronics, but I am sure I will learn this all soon.  But in the meantime, I am grateful I can get pics from somewhere, haha

THE GIRLS LOOKED ADORABLE IN THEIR MATCHING DRESSES, AND JD AS HANDSOME AS EVER!  NOTICE HIM HOLDING HIS SISTERS HANDS...SOO SWEET!

SOOO CUTE!

After service Grandpa and I left this group of kids and grandkids who were to celebrate with Larissa's parents this year and back up to have dinner at my oldest son's Joe house.  Oh...my....goodness....was dinner ever good!  They fixed bbq'd ribs and chicken and had baked beans, potato salad, pasta salad, and rolls, ALL of which were beyond yummy.  REALLY good.  She did fix cupcakes for dessert as well but I am still doing the gluen free diet (for now anyway) and plus my tummy was soo full anyway that I did pass on those (oh and on the Pasta salad and rolls too).  My middle son John joined us here as well.  It was just a relaxed and comfortable time and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  But as we were driving away I realized that I did not take a single picture.  Oh well, it was a wonderful time. 

It was kind of late when we got home but I did go on line to see if Melody had posted any pictures of them and Sam's first Easter and was not disappointed.  She just recently took a bunch of pics of him as he turned six months, so I will share a bunch with you.  I KNOW I share a lot of pics of Sam, but I just can't resist.  I would probably share just as many of the rest of them too, but their mom's don't post nearly as many, nor send me nearly as many, so I just don't have them to share.  Anyway, here they are...

SAM IN HIS EASTER OUTFIT....HIS SHIRT SAYS, HE HAS RISEN!  I LOVE IT!

I LOVE THIS....THINK I AM GOING TO HAVE THIS ONE PRINTED UP TO DISPLAY AT MY HOUSE 

SAM IS VERY ACTIVE, HAHA, HERE IS A DEMO OF HIS CRAWLING EFFORTS

HOW ADORABLE IS THIS??

HE JUST SEEMS LIKE HE IS ALWAYS SOO HAPPY!

SEE WHAT I MEAN?

SUCH A CUTIE!

OVER-ALLS ON HIS JOHN DEER QUILT

GETTING KISSES FROM BAXTER

SWEET SLEEPY BABY WITH HIS BLANKIE

And one final piece of exciting news!  On Friday night James and Larissa asked little Donatella if she would like to share their secret with Grandma and Grandpa.  She of course said she would and said, "Oh, mommy has a new baby in her tummy!"  How exciting is that?!  This was somewhat of a suprise and a miracle all rolled into one and we are all beyond pleased.  This is number 4 for their little family, and number 10 grand child for us.  How we thank the Lord for His many, many blessings!

19 comments:

  1. Precious little ones and such exciting news! :) SO happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you...I am so happy for you! Grandchildren are such a blessing, I try to enjoy mine whenever I can.
    The little ones are just adorable, glad you had some nice family time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just knew the announcement was another grandchild...I was excited at the first of the post.

    What wonderful days...has anyone reminded you what a wonderful mom and grandmother you are? Well if not...I am reminding you.

    He is just sooooooooooooo precious...and learning young the reason for Easter...He has risen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a bunch of cute kiddos, Debbie. And big brother so sweet holding those sisters' hands.

    Congrats on the new grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a praise! Congratulations, Debbie! I hoped that was what your announcement would be. You have beautiful grandchildren, and since every picture of Sam is perfectly adorable, you have to post them all. You couldn't possibly pick one or two IMO.

    And I love the matching dresses. We used to call them "sister dresses" around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a praise! Congratulations, Debbie! I hoped that was what your announcement would be. You have beautiful grandchildren, and since every picture of Sam is perfectly adorable, you have to post them all. You couldn't possibly pick one or two IMO.

    And I love the matching dresses. We used to call them "sister dresses" around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you and your family, Debbie. A new grandchild! That's so wonderful. I enjoyed all the sweet pictures of your family.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi girl, Loved hearing about your weekend and Easter but was so excited to hear about baby #10-so we will be tied. How exciting for both of us. Kim finds out mid-May what the sex will be and we are praying for a healthy baby but would love a little boy.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special time with family! And to hear about a new grandbaby? Well, what can top that?!

    So happy for all of you. Enjoy this week.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well what a great weekend!! I bet you just feel so amazed at how good the Lord is to you and your family. A new grandbaby!! 10 Wow that is so awesome.
    Your pictures are so great. I like that black and white very much too. I think it is so pretty.
    Well, I feel the same way after this weekend. I will need a week to catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrat's on the new g'child that's on the way!!
    Your little g'children and Sam looked adorable in their Easter duds!
    It sure sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I can see where you might need a little rest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ten! That sounds like a great number. Congrats on the news. What a fun way to hear it, too.

    Your Easter weekend sounds just as busy as it could be. You'll need all week to get your energy back and it won't matter because when weekends are that much fun, who cares?! Easter Sunday is a great day to come to the Lord. My sister shared that five were saved in her church and that is always very exciting news.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your grands are simply adorable ... and what exciting news that you'll have another little one to love! Congratulations!!

    I didn't take any pictures this Easter either. We just had too much fun to stop and take pictures. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Debbie, what wonderful news. The kids sure do make our cups runneth over!!! Such cutie pies....your little grands....darling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! How exciting, I just knew from your post title that someone just had to be pregnant!!! Congrats Larissa! That is just way too exciting!

    Sounds like you guys had a great Easter weekend. I love Easter weekend, ours didn't disappoint either. The Grandkids looked adorable in their outfits, they are a good looking group!

    Sam is such a cutie too, you are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything sounds great and tne pictures are great. Congrats on the new grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's me above! Can't figure out how to change my name to Walking on Sunshine when I'm on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How blessed to have another grandchild, Debbie, God is so good!! Enjoyed catching up with you, Your family and your live is blessed beyond words, and i always enjoy hearing your thankful heart, as you post.
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Deb....what a glorious Easter you had! Love all the adorable pictures.......and what wonderful new of another precious one on the way!!

    Hugs!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!