Wednesday, May 9, 2012

SOME SAD NEWS

This week has already been so busy I can't believe it is only Wed.  I have a little while before I need to leave for the day again, so I will try and catch you up on what is going on.

I know I have said this before, but when I first started writing this blog I really had absolutely no idea how any of it worked.  I didn't realize that there was a whole world of bloggers out there who might be even the slightest bit interested in what is going on with my very ordinary every day life.  Imagine my delight when I figured out that there were actually kindred spirits out there who were willing to not only read your posts, but laugh, cry, and pray you through of some of life's best and worst of moments?  It has all been such an enormous blessing to me.  But I have to remind myself sometimes that I meant this blog to be a journal or a keepsake of sorts for my children and grandchildren to have some day.  I have 3 years of blogging to my credit now, and three full printed books recording it all.  I need to occasionally at least write about the negative, or sad, or angry or upset times that are a part of all of our lives.  Otherwise I am sure my grand kids at least might think that their Grandma lived only a life of pleasant things, with nary a time of sorrow, confusion, anger or worry.  My kids know me to well for that.  Plus, I want them to see how our God can carry you through those times in life when you can't hardly walk on your own, and how He is ever merciful and faithful to those who belong to him.

I guess there is no quick or easy way to say what needs to be said so I am just going to say it.  James and Larissa lost their baby.  My heart is just so sad.  I feel an overwhelming sadness for them that it is somewhat difficult for me to even express.  How I would have loved to somehow shelter them from ever having to experience such a loss.  I am of course not quite certain why the Lord would allow such a thing to happen.  What could possibly be the point of it?  She was not suppose to be able to have another baby, and yet the Lord saw fit to bless her womb with this precious life.  We can do nothing but trust that He has His purposes and that they are for our ultimate good, no matter how pointless they may seem.  I know that James and Larissa will lean on Him and each other for comfort, and how happy I am that they have this.  I also know that the Lord will use this in their life for their own growth, and possibly for future ministry needs that they may come across.  And I also know that this precious life will be waiting for us all in heaven and I look forward to seeing him/her some day.   I have come across several scriptures this morning that have lifted my spirits and heart, and I want to share some of them with you.


Psalm 139:13-16  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...My frame was hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the day ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.


Isa. 55:8-9  "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.  "For as the heavens are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Romans 8: 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.


2 Cor. 1:3-5  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts those in any trouble, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.


18 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie....My heart hurts for them and you as well.

    Having been through this with Chris and Laraine, I know first hand what your are feeling and the pain they are walking through as well. Chris and Laraine have lost nine babies....the pain has been enormous, but we are standing upon the promises of God and trusting Him through all of it. Oh, where would we be without Him and the comfort of the Holy Spirit!

    Praying for you all!

    HE IS FAITHFUL!!

    Love and Hugs!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie, I am so very sorry. I will be praying for you and your family. That is when I always have to acknowledge that God's ways and not my ways.
    It still hurts. I am so very, very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this news, Debbie. My prayers are with you all. May all of you rest in the peace and comfort of His sweet holy presence.
    Love & Prayers,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear of this loss for your family! I hope and pray the Lord will continue to comfort you and your children. So sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sister Debbie. I haven't been here in a while but it doesn't mean I had forgotten my friends for I always do keep them in my prayers.

    I know we have so many questions that will never be answered as to "why" things happen like that you mentioned while we are here in this place. But I pray for God's love, comfort, strength and healing to cover you all. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweet friend, my heart aches with you and your family in this loss. As I look out my window at the rain cascading down the window pains, I feel your pain, praying that God rains down his comforting presence in to all of your hearts.

    These are hard seasons of pilgrimage. Only God can bring order and peace to our pain.

    Blessings, friend.

    ~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Debbie,

    I'm so, so sorry to hear this news. I could hear the excitement in her voice when I read her post on Facebook about being pregnant. My heart hurts for all of you. I can only imagine the pain you all must be feeling. You will be in my prayers, thinking of you all during this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so very sorry Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear friend, Oh I am so sorry for your family and for you-because it does impact you too. My Kim lost her second child and it was a very difficult time for her and her hubby. There are no easy answers but someday we will understand, possibly, His vantage point and reasons. Until then, I know that there will be many tears shed. Like you, I am so thankful for the kindred spirits I've met through blogging; you are such a treasure.
    Please know you'll all be in my prayers.
    Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so sorry for the loss of this little life. May you feel God's comfort in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your loss. Praying for the empty arms and aching hearts. My heart aches for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so sorry...my DIL's sister just went through this with her fourth at 12 weeks...and no we can't understand. Sorry for the heartache...and yes, we all need to record the hurts, and the ups and downs also...so we can explain how God meet us there.
    Praying for them now...sorry

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so know what you are feeling. Our daughter and her husband lost their baby this past Thanksgiving when she was 4 1/2 months along. It was such a sad event for our family but as you, we know that God knows best and will ultimately use it for His glory. Praying you find calm in the midst of this storm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry for the loss of this precious life! Beautiful scriptures you referenced, praying for God's comfort for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, Debbie! I am so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news. There are no easy answers to this world's hurts and pains, although we often look for them. All we can do is trust in and lean on Him ... and I'm praying that you all will feel His comfort in a very special way during this sad time. {{hug}}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Miss Debbie, I'm so sorry. My heart aches for you and that little family.

    I've gone through this a few times myself. It's not easy. I'm so glad they have the Lord in their lives to comfort 'em.

    God bless ya sweetie and have a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry to see this Debbie. It hurts so. I pray for God to use this in their lives for good. Only God can do that, and I believe He is going to.

    For now, my heart aches for them too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!