Just so you know, the "purpose" of my trying to keep to my schedule, is so that when December finally arrives, and the season officially begins, I am free to have very little that actually HAS to be done, and plenty of time to just enjoy, and focus on the whole reason for the season. I have tried to keep things simple, but I have decided that when you have as many kids and grandkids as I have it isn't easy. Or maybe I am just getting slower and more befuddled. Or maybe I still need to do some trimming. But whatever the case, I am feeling like I am where I should be for now.
Let me start by saying, this was a ROUGH week. I battled the old flu most of the week. Truthfully, I am STILL not 100%, but getting close. Thank God my mom has so far managed to keep from getting it. How I pray that it continues to be the case. Actually, it was really pretty nice having her around this week as she took charge in the kitchen doing up the dishes and keeping it spic and span. How I appreciated it! Between her and my husband, I have felt pretty pampered. However, I am NOT one for sitting totally still, and so while I never left my house this week, I still managed to get some things done.
1. All of my Christmas cards. (Wonderful activity while sitting in a chair.)
2. Helped my mom with her Christmas letter. ( She REALLY wanted to send one out this year, and writing is just not something she can do since her stroke) It is all done and hubby printed them up for her.
3. Organized all the little last minute details for my oldest son's 40th birthday party tomorrow night. (I had the biggest portion of this done, but you know how that goes...still needed to order cake, give final count on the guests, and finalize the menu)
4. Ordered 4 or 5 gifts on line.
5. Caught up ALL my laundry from the trip (Now this was REALLY a push and a chore!)
6. Ordered old Christmas pictures of my grands to put in all my new Christmas frames so I could get them together and up. Hubby picked up pictures from Costco one night, and here they are. I love the way it looks.
|I had to decorate a new area this year as my sewing machine is now out in the main part of my house. You can't see it very well, but that little Christmas tea set I have had for many years. I love it! BTW, I have LOVED sewing in front of that window!|
|Still need to get some goodies for my biggest tree!|
|This one is Joe and Leah's...I LOVE it!|
|The flip side is solid green|
|This is James and Larissa's....I think the little ones will like the sweet birds.|
|This flip side is also green.|
8. I made each family sets of Christmas coasters too. This was today's project and since I am feeling a little better today, this did not take too long, haha Here are the coasters.
|These are James and Larissa's. I think they are darling!|
|Joe & Leah's....soo pretty I thought!|
|Close look at the bottom of one|
|It is really hard finding ones that allow for as many families members as Joe's family has, but I thought this was pretty cute!|
|James & Larissa's family ornament is soo cute!|
|All the girl grands will get angels this year with their names and the year on them.|
|And the boys will all get elves. How cute are these?|
On another note, Michelle is home from the hospital and doing REALLY well now. I am soo grateful for all of your prayers. She will see the oncologist next week, so we will see what treatments still lie ahead for her. But in the meantime, she too is looking forward to tomorrow night. And my other sister will get out of the hospital today. She too is also feeling LOTS better. She was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and has already begun treatment for it and has responded well. We have had MUCH answered prayer this week, and have felt the comfort of our God.
Hope you all enjoy your week-end!