Friday, November 2, 2012

GRANDKID TIMES

Well another week has flown by... but it was a good one.

Didn't actually see any of my grands on Halloween, which was definitely a first.   I didn't think mom was up for any of those kind of activities, (grin) so we decided to pass.  I did make my traditional chili, and I actually found a gluten free mix for cornbread.  They were both very tasty.  I didn't get any candy this year, but truthfully that was really a good thing. ; )  I tried to get pics of all of the kids at their various different events, but didn't do to well.  Melody and Mike took Sam out with friends of theirs for a little trick or treating pulling him around in his wagon.  Guess he loved the whole thing.  He was dressed as a football player.  Here are some pics of him before he left.

Cutest football player ever.  His little hat is in the style of a football, and of course his jersey can be used over and over.  
Just had to compare these pics to last year at this time!  It is soo amazing how much a baby grows in one short year!  Can hardly remember him like this, and yet it seems like yesterday....

Sweet Sam..



And then James and Larissa took their kids to a Harvest party at their church.  Guess it too was lots of fun with painting pumpkins, making carmel apples, games and tons of candy.  I do have a pic of my grandson JD who went as a Charger football player.  Are you noticing a theme with the Class family and football, haha??

Love the look on his face!  Have a feeling he will be living in this uniform for a while!  : )


Tella painting her purple pumpkin!
And then then only other pic I got was of little Jeffie before he left for school.  His mama leaves really early for work so my son Joe works the kids during the day and then goes to his karate studio in the late afternoon and evening.  So he calls to tell me that little Jeff was soo excited for his day that he was awoke by a Star Wars Storm trooper at 6:45, haha...

Is it time yet Dad??
And then I have a couple of cute pictures of Capri and Donattella at a children's museum about ancient Egypt that they have been studying this year.  The girls loved it I guess and got to dress up as Egyptian girls.


How cute are they?
Wed. mom and I did a little bit of shopping (I can never talk her out of it, haha, she does love to get out) and then Thursday morning we had our first women's Bible study here.  It went REALLY well.  I simply attached speakers to my computer and then used the recorded teaching that Larissa has done for first Peter.  We listened to Larissa (such a blessing) and then used the discussion questions she uses for her study at church.  After prayer time we had lunch.  Mom still dozed for a tiny bit of the time, but it worked out MUCH better this way.  I was happy to be able to work this out.

And finally then last night my son James and my husband Jeff took little JD to a Charger football game.  I guess they all had such a good time.  I guess when your Grandpa played football in college (Nebraska) it would be hard not to catch his enthusiasm for the sport.  JD seems to be just a natural.  Half time had the military on the field and jets flying overhead.  It was a memory I don't think they will all be forgetting soon.  Thank goodness the Chargers won!  (FINALLY!  ~ sorry Jim! haha)

Having fun with Grandpa!  ~  priceless...

Father, Son and grandson!




Soo tired....riding on Grandpa's back for the LONG walk back to the car!
Tomorrow hubby is heading up to the mountains for the men's retreat from church, and I am meeting my sister for a whole day of "girl" time, haha.  We are hitting the huge sale at Joanne's Fabric and then we will eventually have lunch and see a movie.  My coupons are clipped, (I am ready I think for what will sure to be a LARGE crowd!) and my list is ready, and I am soo excited.  Hope you all enjoy your week-end too!

I am going to try and list a blessing day by day as I have done in previous years, on the sidebar of this blog during the month of November.  There are soo many things I am grateful for.  Some days might have more than one...just saying!  : )

10 comments:

  1. So glad that you worked out a good plan for the Bible Study. Sounds like fun. Does anyone join you and your mom there?

    The kids all look so cute doing their various activities. I always appreciated the Harvest Parties that my church did back in the day. Much more fun than just trick or treating.

    Have fun tomorrow! I saw that sale...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't have any grandchildren of my own yet, I really enjoy seeing all of yours in their various activities and stages of growing. Yes, it is amazing how Sam has grown and changed in only one year's time. So cute!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week and I'm so glad that Bible Study went so well. And, glad you are getting a day away tomorrow with your sister. Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds wonderful I loved all of those costumes. Really good ones, gosh it is amazing how much Sam has grown in just a year.
    That Bobba Fett is such a cool costume. Where on earth did they find that?
    I hope you found lots of goodies at Joannes.
    I am so glad it is November. I figure this next week and keeping my fingers crossed is our last heat wave. :)
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness - it's impossible to believe how much Sam has grown in the last year! My oldest grandson (who LOVES all things Star Wars) was a storm trooper this Halloween also. My other grands were a butterfly, Cinderella and Bat Man. ;-) How awesome that your hubby and son took the little one to a football game ... looks like they had a good time. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, What adorable grands you have! Bet the charger game was good. I should have hit Joanne's too but no time. Happy Sunday my friend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think football is in our family's blood! Oh the photos are darling. You know I'm not a big fan of Halloween but I've always loved the excitement of little ones who get to dress up. Star Wars characters and princesses and football players are just my style; love it. And yes, Sam is getting bigger. Our Kenzie also got dressed up as a pumpkin.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this post was just FULL of the fun stuff! I have to say that I thought I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite snap shot because every one of your GK in costume is adorable.

    Then, I saw that last shot of a very happy but plumb tuckered little boy on his grandfather's back, and it won.

    I'm so glad the Bible study went well. You are a faithful servant for listening to God and starting that. I just know it will reap an abundance.

    Have fun on your girl day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, this post was just FULL of the fun stuff! I have to say that I thought I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite snap shot because every one of your GK in costume is adorable.

    Then, I saw that last shot of a very happy but plumb tuckered little boy on his grandfather's back, and it won.

    I'm so glad the Bible study went well. You are a faithful servant for listening to God and starting that. I just know it will reap an abundance.

    Have fun on your girl day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely family!
    Blessings!
    Ann
    PS Please enter my BOOK GIVE-A-WAY!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!