1. When the children of today grow up, what do you think they'll say about this period in time? What do you most hope they remember? I am guessing a lot of them will talk about their electronic games and devices and their phones and what they did etc. I don't think many of them will remember much of anything that I remembered doing as a kid. But then I guess it is always that way isn't it? I hope they remember spending time with family and doing things together, and remember just how loved they were.
2. National Teacher's Day is celebrated in the US of A on the first Tuesday in May, this year May 7th...share how a particular teacher positively impacted you. I really hate to say this as I know soo many of you have just wonderful memories of a special teacher, but honestly I just don't. I can't look back to be particularly fond of any teacher I can think of, and none that made a POSITIVE influence on me. Isn't that horrible? Some I have some truly bad memories of, but now that wasn't the question, haha.
3. What's a dish your mama made, that if set in front of you today would whisk you right back to childhood? She made many ~ several of which I ended up making over the years for my family as well, so many of those memories would now be kind of intermingled. But there is one that I LOVED and I never made for some reason or another, and I know for fact if it was made and sat in front of me right now I'd be right back at our table where I grew up. It has no name that I can think of. It was some kind of German sausage and cabbage and potatoes. Mom didn't make it often as my siblings were all not quite as fond of it as I was, but I thought it was sooo good. In fact, now it sounds REALLY good for supper tonight. Only I wouldn't have the slightest idea how she made it, and she sadly doesn't remember it. Guess it is truly just a thing of the past. ; (
4. Mother May I was a game when I was growing up....no pieces, parts, or plugs required. What games from childhood do you remember loving that were also pieces, parts, and plug-free? Oh I loved playing Red Rover, or Hide and Go Seek outside after dark. We played countless games of "house" and Marco Pollo in the swimming pool. I could go on, but guess I'll stop with these.
5. Besides your own mother, tell us about a woman who influenced you as a child? There was a wonderful woman who lived across the street from us while growing up that I just loved to death. She was beautiful both inside and out. She was a Christian woman who never tired of giving of herself to others. She was a school teacher (which I admired) and was super talented when it came to sewing and crafting etc. I patterned myself after her, and truly wanted to be just like her when I grew up. She really introduced me to my love of sewing. She made every prom and special occasion dress I wore in high school, but more importantly, she made my wedding dress. She was (and is to this day) one of my mother's best friends, and I will always feel privileged to have known her.
6. Mamma Mia! What's the best play or musical you've ever seen? The best I have ever seen is hands down Beauty and in the Beast preformed at the Performing Arts center in Los Angeles. It was just sooo good. It was to be their last performance of it anywhere on that particular play, and received a grand ovation for several minutes at the end. I will never forget them singing "Be our Guest". I'd love to see it again and bring ALL of my grandkids with me.
7. What are three smells that make you feel nostalgic? I think most of the smells that popped right into my head involved Christmas in some way. The smell of pine and Christmas trees, sugar cookies baking, and pumpkin pie. However, as I dwelled on it a bit, I thought of the smell of chlorine (random I know) which always brings back summer time and swimming pools. Then there is coconut oil and suntan lotion which brings back more swimming and days spent at the beach. The smell of Chili always makes me think of Halloween, and the smell of baked beans in the oven brings to mind family gatherings etc. I've gone WAY over 3 now, so I guess I'd better stop.
8. Insert your own random thought here. There is soo much random thoughts floating around in my head right now, you might be sorry this question was asked, haha. First, I STILL don't know the results of mom's scans. I can be soo frustrated with this particular doc office (the neurologist's) as I seem to get recorders, promised call backs etc., that seldom happen, and I spend soo much time just waiting. I am assuming if it was anything pressing (such as a broken pelvis) they would have called me by now. Meanwhile, the referral for the MRI did come through, and that is scheduled for Thursday evening, and the appointment for physical therapy is on Thursday morning. Mom seems to be the tiniest bit better, so I guess that is good. THEN! I went to the dentist yesterday thinking I was just getting my permanant crown put on to find out that only 1/2 of my root canal was actually done. Sooo they finished that up and then put the crown on, and altogether I was in that chair another two hours! My mouth is soo sore today that truthfully I am thinking maybe I should have just pulled the offending one out. But "hopefully" that is the end of that. I did get my china cabinet all cleaned out and sparkling, so I decided to take a quick pic of that for you. And! Sam's quilt I made for him arrived at Melody's today and she just loves it! She sent me a picture of that so I included that so that you can all see how it looks on the bed. That's it for now. (or I'll spare you the rest of those randoms, haha) Hope you all have a wonderful week!
|HOW CUTE IS THIS? NOTICE THE LITTLE MIRROR ABOVE HIS TABLE IN THE SHAPE OF A TRACTOR? HE LOVES IT!|
|NOTICE THE LITTLE STEP STOOL SAM NEEDS TO GET UP AND GET ON IT...HE IS STILL SOO LITTLE IN THIS GRANDMA'S EYES|
|SAM'S QUILT ON THE LEFT, AND LUKE'S ON THE RIGHT...LOVE HOW THEY LOOK|