Monday, July 15, 2013

FULL WEEK-END AND MY NEW MACHINE!


Well it was another full, busy and good week-end!  Friday night hubby and I went to dinner at our favorite fish restaurant, and then went to my nephew's all star game.  It was just the perfect night for such an event as it was soo nice outside.  Sadly they lost, but Blake played well, and was excited for a game under the lights.  At 10 this is a definite BIG DEAL, lol.    Sat. morning found us once again at the Bernina shop.  I have been in there so many times now asking questions and watching their demo's that I knew all of their employees (and the owner!) by name, haha.  Only this time when we left I was the proud owner of a beautiful Bernina 580!  I was soo excited.  This is the machine that embroiders, and I also purchased the stitch regulator and a walking foot.  So I am all set to create where ever my imagination takes me, lol.  The machine comes with 3 full days of instructions which I am so looking forward to.  My first one is on Aug 9th which is mom's birthday, which seems so appropriate.  Makes me feel like she is celebrating this with me.  I haven't actually picked it up yet (will do that this afternoon) as they were going to download some of the most recent software onto it this morning.  This shop also sells quilting fabric, and has almost daily classes on various different projects.  The gals have also promised to help me in my quest to begin quilting.  I got a wonderful deal on the machine as it was originally used for a classroom demo, and so therefore had to be sold as used.  However, it has never actually been owned (they keep track of this through serial numbers ~ just like cars!) and therefore comes with FULL warranties on everything.  I am considering selling mine now which I have mixed feelings about.  That machine has been with me for almost 30 years now and I am kind of attached to it, haha.  On the other hand, it runs like new (no exaggeration) and the money it would bring in would help me buy the fabric and some of the gear I might need to begin quilting.  So we will see.  Meanwhile I have just about decided what to make as my first attempt at quilting.  I have watched soo many tutorials, and looked at soo many quilt patterns, I am dreaming about it. Think it is time to get started.  I am sure there will be lots of blogs about this as I proceed, so guess I hope I won't bore you to death with it all, lol.  Here is a pic of my new machine!

ISN'T IT PRETTY?  LOVE THE TOUCH SCREEN

Sun hubby wasn't feeling well (he has been battling a nasty cold ALL week) so he decided to stay at home, but my sister and I headed down to San Diego first for church and then for Larissa's baby shower.  My other sister met us later at the shower.  It was just soo nice, and I am so glad that they did this for her.  The house was GORGEOUS, and it was soo nice and cool in there.  Larrissa got some darling little things, and we were able to gather and pray for her, my son, and the new baby as well.  I didn't feel like hasseling my nice camera so I just took a few pictures on my i-phone, which looking at them this morning I regret now, smile.  But it captured the moments and you get the idea.  Larissa especially LOVED the rag quilt which warmed my heart.  I felt kind of foolish with my LARGE load of sewn items, and kept feeling the need to explain that it had occupied me through such a hard time period of my life, (both before and after mom passed) but I refrained from announcing it to the room.  Who knows WHAT they must have thought?!  But I knew my heart behind it so I tried not to worry about it.  And I honestly can't wait for Mr. Vincent James to make his appearance and be wrapped up in what his grandma made just for him.   Here are a couple of the pics I did get!

HERE IS THE FIRST BLURRY ONE, HAHA  LOVED THE FLOWERS AND THE SCRIPTURE PICTURES THOUGH!



I WAS TEMPTED TO LEAVE THIS OUT AS I LOOK BIGGER THAN THE 9 MONTH PREGNANT MOMMA, BUT GUESS IT IS THE OLD IT IS WHAT IT IS...SIGH
OPENING THE BURP CLOTHS HERE

GROUP SHOP...MY GRANDDAUGHTERS WERE READY TO SWIM IN THEIR BEAUTIFUL POOL!

JUST COULDN'T RESIST ADDING THIS PICTURE OF MY "SASSY" LITTLE GRANDDAUGHTER DONATELLA.  SUCH A LITTLE DOLL!


Today I am going to thoroughly clean out my sewing cabinet and get things organized before the new machine arrives.  How I wish I was more gifted in the area of organization, but I intend to do my best. Hope you all have a good week!  Blessings to you all!  Debbie


18 comments:

  1. Wow what a machine. I know you will have so much fun with it and I am so glad you start classes on your Mom's birthday, that is such a sweet little blessing.
    The baby shower looks like so much fun and I loved that picture of your both and you are both just beautiful.
    I am so glad you had such a nice weekend. I think making all of those baby clothes is just what you needed and I am sure your kids are so thankful for them. I think they were just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that the decision has been made. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's no stopping you now that you have
    a bernina~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday Debbie, I'm so excited about your new machine-I love Bernina's but couldn't afford one. I know you'll be a wiz on it and you'll get hooked on machine quilting. What a fun baby shower. Hope you have a great week.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie
    You look so pretty in pink! It's your color, for sure.
    That was one big shower. I bet there were a lot of sweet gifts for
    Vincent.
    Dontella is a real cutie!
    I can't wait to see everything your machine will do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother would have loved you. She loved to sew and crochet and just about anything like that. I didn't inherit that gene for some reason. She would be shocked to know that sewing machines have software as I was too! Donatella is such a sassy and cute gal; love that pose and the sunglasses.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother would have loved you. She loved to sew and crochet and just about anything like that. I didn't inherit that gene for some reason. She would be shocked to know that sewing machines have software as I was too! Donatella is such a sassy and cute gal; love that pose and the sunglasses.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! I am so jealous! You will be quilting up a storm in no time at all. What is the name of the shop you purchased it at?
    Larissa looks great, and so do you!!! You have so many things to be looking forward to!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Debbie. I had no idea machines had software these days! Wow! There's no telling what all you will be showing us now!! Can't wait! My mother was a wonderful seamstress and made all my clothes and my Barbie's!
    Kiss that Donatella girl! What a doll baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your new machine! That's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you decided to get the sewing machine in honor of your sweet mother. And what a machine it is! Gracious, I would be so intimidated, but I just know there are hours and hours of enjoyment ahead for you. Can't wait to see your new creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, my sister and I did the same thing. After my mom passed away, we both went crazy with crafts and projects. I think it helped us work through those days, and in your case, you have so many precious recipients of your beautiful work. The machine is state of the art, I would be lost, and you will make so many incredible things! I'll enjoy my sewing deficiency by watching what you make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my, that machine looks like one might need an engineering degree to operate it. How lovely! I'm glad you finally made a decision and I know you will have many happy hours behind it. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that machine looks pretty high tech to me...but then I can't even operate a basic sewing machine. Can't wait to see all the wonderful things you going to create on it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You bought it!!! wooohooo! I'm so glad you bit the bullet, and (unless your family wants it) I think you should sell the old one because it's valuable.

    I think the shower looked wonderful and cracked up at the picture comment. (And you do not look bad either...I would trade in a minute.) We are always our own worst critics, aren't we? Plus, these young chicks carry their babies so well that they make us look bad.

    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited for you!! How awesome that you decided to get the new machine! I can't wait to see what you do with it ... including that first quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I just came to my computer after having sewed on my old Bernina...I thought of you..and look what you got! Oh have fun, have fun..which I know you will. Now I must go and deal with Bernina envy! LOL
    Great shower pictures...what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!