1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy? Honestly, the first thing that popped into my head is GOOD food, haha. We ALL love that don't we? But I really doubt she was looking for something like that so let's see....a good book, time spent with a loved one, Christmas, music and singing (though probably different kinds!) and there's always swinging on a swing. I could go on but I will stop here.
2. Share one happy memory from your high school years....Oh boy, that might be harder than you might think. High school for me was a blur of studying things I didn't feel like studying (I'd much rather be studying some of them now) getting up early when I'd rather of been sleeping in, girls that were always full of drama and stressing over something, and guys who were always trying to talk you into something, haha. But! One of my better memories would have been senior year when my short story was picked from my creative writing class to be first read aloud to the whole class, and then entered in the district short story competition. It might have been an even better memory if I had won that too, but alas I did not, and that was pretty much the end of my writing career.
3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the U.S. last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize. Your thoughts? Honestly, I don't really know WHAT I think about that. I am not sure what they make in the first place, or how hard or easy the work might be as I have never worked in such a place. I have know a few kids who worked at In and Out Burger which is a Christian owned company and their employees make GOOD money and do very well. In fact, one of them went on to management and now supports his growing family well with it. I guess if they are not being paid fair wages, and don't have safe and healthy work environments, then they should be entitled to that like everyone else. However, if they get involved in unions then that will probably bring about higher food prices, less help, and more headaches for all.
4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey? I guess if I am being totally honest I don't really have one. Certainly not one that I make. I know I have had cookies that were sweetened this way and I personally loved them. But then, I pretty much love most cookies no matter what sweetens them. To me when I think of how I enjoy honey, it is just plain old honey on a hot buttered biscuit, or toast, or cornbread, or a teaspoon of the lovely stuff in a cup of hot tea.
5. If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt on inside-out, or some leftover lunch stuck between their teeth do you say something or do you keep quiet? Well, considering I have mentioned all of these things to people, AND kept quiet about all of these things as well, I had to think a little more about why I do or don't. And I guess the answer is it depends. If I know the person at all, I will usually say something if it can be done privately or discreetly. I don't usually say something if we are in a group. If it is something pretty bad and we are in a group I TRY to discretely motion or jester or something so they get the drift. I pretty much NEVER say something to a total stranger, though I guess I have once or twice. Someone I know well though, I will DEFINITELY say something every single time.
6. What movie always makes you cry? Or at least makes you feel like crying? Well, there all actually several. But I have settled on two. The scene in Steel Magnolia's where Sally Field is standing at the grave sight of her daughter. And the scene in Terms of Endearment where Debra Winger has just died. These reduce me to a blubbering mess no matter how many times I have seen them.
7. Mary had a Little Lamb was written in May of 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year. Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune...
Debbie has some work to do, work to do, work to do..
Debbie has some work to do, so it is time to go.
It seems as if it's never done, never done, never done...
It seems as if it's never done, so she is just so blue.
But she is just so very glad, very glad, very glad..
But she is just so very glad, that she HAS work to do...
God has blessed her life so much, life so much, life so much,
God has blessed her life so much, that she is just content.
when reading this, remember number 2. ; )
8. Insert your own random thought....
|AND NOW IT'S FINALLY HOW I WANT IT!|
|I PUT A ROW OF HEARTS ACROSS THE TOP JUST TO SEE HOW MY ONE OF MY NEW DECORATIVE STITCHES LOOKS AND WORKS. PRETTY FUN..|
|AND ANOTHER DECORATIVE STITCH HERE AS WELL|
Lots to do this week and we are a day short, haha. Hope you all are having a good week, and are enjoying these last few days of summer. Blessings to you all! Debbie