Monday, April 5, 2010

EASTER FESTIVITIES

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Day.  Ours was SUCH a nice day.  It started with a truly wonderous Easter service.  The message was uplifting for sure, but the worship time was definitely my favorite.  Our church has such a gifted and wonderous praise band, and I enjoy it soo much.  I wasn't disappointed when the final praise song was HE'S ALIVE which is just my all time favorite. Easter just doesn't feel complete until I hear this song.  I came home with the hopes of finding it on my computer so that I could put it on my page, and managed to find a version with Dolly Parton singing it.  I do love her voice, but the words of the song give me chills.  I am going to leave it for a few days on my page, so if you get the chance, listen to the words and enjoy.
'
We went to my oldest son Joe's house for Easter dinner this year.  My sister Diane and her husband Greg, and their daughter Michelle and her husband Scott and their little family joined us.  It was just such a nice day.  We had wonderful ham sandwhiches, cold slaw, beans, deviled eggs, chips, cupcakes and plenty of candy.  I am afraid I ate too much however, and will have to make up for it today...sigh...Joe has a HUGE back yard with lots of fruit trees and the kids and he enjoyed picking a bunch to take home.  I didn't get any pictures of this event, but I know my sister Diane did with her wonderful camera.  Joe also has horses by his house and they took a walk to feed them (which they all do often with Joe) so I did send my camera along to get some pics of that, haha.  The kids of course enjoyed an Easter egg hunt.  Cody was hilarious on the event.  It took him a while to figure out what was going on, but once he did he jumped right in.  Of course he quickly discovered there was candy inside the eggs so he would shake and pull on them till it would spill out.  Of course we quickly whisked it away from him and he never did pop one of those goodies into his mouth.  My camera and my reactions are WAY TOO SLOW and I didn't really capture too many good pics of the hunt.  The kids moved too fast and by the time I would focus, they were long gone, haha...sigh...Again, I have a feeling my sister did a better job.  The earthquake did add a little drama to the day.  Especially when we originally heard it was a 6.9 centered in San Diego where my youngest son lives and was on the day.  By the time we finally got through to them however we did learn it was about a 150 miles south of them, though they did feel it a lot stonger than we did. 

Well that's about it.  I put together a few pics for you.  ENJOY...Hope you all enjoy your day.  I am heading out for the dentist for a cleaning and check up.  Can't say I am looking forward to that, but guess it must be done. 







Cody wouldn't stay put, so this was the best we could do of the crowd, haha




Capri, Donatella & JD spent Easter at their other Grandparents house this year.  We missed them for sure.  How darling did they look however?

I have done this soo fast (and now I m late for dentist) please excuse any errors..


7 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a nice Easter with your family! Ours was quiet. Dear hubby had to play in the orchestra for all three services and afterwards we had a quiet dinner at home with just him, me and our son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Looks like a very blessed family Easter. The kids all look so cute all dressed up in their Easter finest. Love all the matchy outfits....too cute.
    :) Maryrose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! It's fun to see what you guys did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH OH OH...You know how I love pictures of the grandchildren. These are absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful time you all shared together. Isn't God so good!

    I enjoyed myself reading through your post. What a glorious day Easter truly was...yes, what a glorious day. Thank you Lord.

    Love you my friend,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie - hope that you had a wonderful day celebrating with your grandson. So many birthdays around your house...what fun:) and what a "bummer" when you are working so hard with your diet! Sixty-one pounds off...major high fives!! Dieting truly is much more than just physical - there is so much self denial, self control, and relying on the Lord's strength an not our owns....dieting really affects us spiritually. And you are really seeing victories - that's wonderful!

    Which one of the cuties is celebrating today? Everyone looked adorable in the Easter clothes:) So wish I could spend some of these holidays with my little cutie - I sure miss her but she will be here at the end of the month!

    Have a great week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love that pic of all the grandkids against that white wall! Gorgeous!

    Glad to hear that you had such a great Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful family. I like the appearance of your blog and its content. I linked over here from Spiritual Sundays. I've been on vacation, so I'm a little late in sending Easter greetings.
    May God continue to bless your richly!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!