1. In what way are you your own worst enemy? This is a hard one to start with, but I will do the best I can trying to explain it. I think I am my own worse enemy in MANY ways sadly. Some of that comes from my childhood I guess and my constant "need" to measure up. I am a definite perfectionist in the areas I feel I do well in, and therefore that leads to a feeling of doing something over and over again until I get it perfect. Or at least as near perfect as anything can be in an imperfect world. But of course this only leads to frustration, fatigue, and often times defeat.
2. Jacques Cousteau's birthday was Monday, June 11th...ever been scuba diving? Is that something you'd like to try? What's your favorite 'under the sea' creature? I have never been scuba diving, and I can't imagine I will ever will. I do think it would be REALLY REALLY interesting, but would require more courage than I think I could dig up. My favorite under the sea creature would have to be dolphins.
3. On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in and around the water? (1=not at all, 10=very) Do you know how to swim and if so how and when did you learn? I am a definite 10. I have ALWAYS loved water. The beach remains one of my favorite places to go, and lakes and rivers are not far behind. I don't swim much anymore, but I still loving just being around it. I learned to swim quite young, and even took life guarding as a young teenager. My mom took us to the local high school for lessons. I followed her lead and all of my kids learned this way as well. We had a pool in our back yard as our kids grew up and we all lived backed there it seemed. Living in So. California I think knowing how to swim is VERY important. Seems like many things involve water out here.
4. What's something you do to motivate yourself to tick an item off your to-do list? Believe it or not just being able to LOOK at a list with items checked off can get me going. Plus I love the feeling at the end of the day knowing you we were soo busy you needed a list, and were diligent enough to get it done and have the "proof" of a crossed off check list. silly I know.... : )
5. What makes a good neighbor? Are you a good neighbor? A good neighbor is something everyone LOVES to have, and I always WANT to be, and am not sure I really am anymore (shame on me). A good neighbor is someone you can count on to watch your home when you are away, KNOWS when something doesn't look or seem right and inquires about it, waves and smiles whenever they see you, and chats whenever there might be time. It's someone you can borrow a quick cup of sugar from, and whose kids play with your kids. Loving, kind, and interested. I have had soo many good neighbors over the years it would be hard to count them up, and MANY of them are still good friends to this day. I think the Lord did a wonderful thing when he created neighbors...
6. Who loads the dishwasher at your house? Is there a right way and a wrong way? Hubby and I both load the dishwasher these days, and YES there is a definite way to do it right, haha. BUT!! I NEVER complain, and TRY not to rearrange it when he does it. It takes my "perfectionist" ways to their limits though I will admit.
7. You know it's summer when_________________________. Hmm let's see....many things just mean summer to me. When it stays light LONG after dinner and you can sit out on the front porch to enjoy iced tea and a cool breeze. When you smell bbq's from several directions. When corn on the cob, watermelon, and home grown tomatoes are on your dinner plate several nights a week. When wet swimming suits and beach towels are hanging on the line ALWAYS it seems. When the sound of an air conditioner clicks on in the middle of the night. When beach trips and picnics are on the calendar. I could go on and on, but I think I have given you plenty, haha
8. Insert your own random thought here. I picked my mom up yesterday and went to my niece's 6th grade graduation. It was a wonderful celebration and while I thoroughly enjoyed myself, the whole thing left me feeling a little down. I tried to analyze it later and I guess it was just a combination of things. The fact that it seems like just yesterday when my kids were participating in the very same thing, and yet it was a LONG time ago. I miss those days in many different ways. Then the fact that my mom hobbled in somewhat on her walker and seemed confused as to what was going on some of the time, and the cheering and the noise REALLY bothered her. She REALLY wanted to go (she is soo close to this particular grand daughter) and yet she was soo anxious to get back and not just because she had left her hubby at home with his daughters, but because she really prefers the safety and quiet of her own house, that she decided to skip lunch out afterwards to celebrate. Sooo not like her. Now I am sure if I looked I could find MANY a blessing in this outing, and I know I will eventually do this, but this is just where my heart is at this morning. I did get some cute pics though, so hope you enjoy them
|PRETTY KATIE LYNN|
|KATIE AND I...NOT SURE WHY I AM SOO SHINY! HAHA|
|KATIE AND HER GRANDMA...THIS IS A GOOD PIC OF MY MOM|
|KATIE AND ANOTHER NIECE, TABBIE....THEY ARE THE BEST OF FRIENDS|
|THEIR FAMILY....MY SISTER DONNA, HUBBY, AND BLAKE AND KATIE|
Hope everyone is having a good week!