Haven't done a Hodgepodge in a while, so I though I'd do one today just for fun. To join here or read others click HERE. OK, here goes...
1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl. What was the last even you attended that could be described as super? Hmmm, I guess by "super" we mean large or big deal right? Guess that would have to be my hubby's 60th birthday party a year ago. Not much else this last year or so. You can read about it HERE if you would like.
2. Share something you're a fan of these days? Oh my I ALWAYS over-think these questions. I guess I am a fan of many things, though some a lot more so than others. Right at the top of my list recently would be fan of my new Kirby Vacuum, haha. But then there's also my sweet Apple/Cinnamon tea, an uninterrupted night of sleep, and time with grandkids.
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind. What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings? OK, I guess this will sound weird to a lot of you but I have never really had wings as an appetizer. Not because I don't think they would be good, even great, I just never have. Soo if I was going to have some I think I would go for sweet and sour. Guess this answers the second part of the question too. I don't make my own, and don't have a favorite spot to get them. : )
4. As long as we're talking sports today.....have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks? NO, and so now I will have to look this up....
5. What's a question you hate to be asked? Well again, there are probably a few...such as....How much do you weigh? Anything political....what do you regret in life? Or anything from a telemarker...sorry.
6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up? This is a definite "need lots of thought" kind of question. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers and so there was always lots of competition it seemed for attention, time, food (haha), clothes, best TV chair, best marks in school, pleasing mom or dad, who was going first, and on and on the list could go. As adults most of those things are a thing of the past. However I guess there is still the occasional competition for hand down family heirlooms and treasures (certainly nothing of any REAL monitory value of course!) but not a whole lot else.
7. What's your favorite game involving a ball, and when did you last play? My favorite ball game to WATCH would be softball, though I have never personally played the game. I also enjoy WATCHING baseball, and occasionally basketball, but I have never actually played baseball, (unless in the street as a kid counts) and haven't played basketball since high school. I love a good volleyball game too I guess and haven't played that either since high school.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Mom is definitely getting stronger this week. Still a ways to go, but soo much better. They are now playing a bit with her meds for her diabetes, but hopefully that soon will also be handled.