2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck? This is definitely an "over think" it question, so I am going to just let my thoughts fly here. As a general rule, NO I don't believe in luck. Though I do believe it seems as if some people sail through life with more than their fair share of one or the other. But at the end of the day I believe that God is ultimately in control. I don't think this automatically means He causes things (either good or bad) to "just happen" to someone either. I think we live in a fallen world and many bad things happen as a result of sin, and many good things happen as a result of working hard etc. I believe in the Biblical principle we reap what we sow. And some things just happen as a result of life....the old it is what it is. But I do believe like it says in Romans, ALL things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purposes.
3. Sledding, ice skating, building a snowman...it given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently? Well, living in So. California pretty much my whole life, I have not done much of any of these things. When we were growing up we had a cabin in the mountains and we would play in the snow then, so guess I have not done these things in years and years and years... ; ) My favorite at the time? Sledding for sure! Wouldn't catch me doing it these days though as I would be terrified of getting hurt. Sooo, if I had an opportunity today it would be building a snowman!
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life? Well guess that would have to be in the raising of my children. Soo many of the things that concerned me as a young mom I look back on now and wish I had not been soo concerned about them. Most of them never happened. And I did smarten up some as I got to the last child, haha.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake? It would be at my grand daughters birthday party last December. My wonderful dil got me a tasty gluten free one and I scarfed it right down!
6. What is something you can't say no to? Oh my, there are soo many...Let's see, most anything that starts with, "Grandma will you?" haha But then there is also a good meal, a good book, a trip to the beach, any time with my grandkids, a wonderful cup of tea...I could go on and on but you get the idea.
7. Are you a doodler? Oh goodness that would be a big fat YES! I have always been a doodler. However, it doesn't happen nearly like it use to with all the electronics we have. But put a pencil or pen in my hand and inevitably there is some doodling, haha.
8.Insert your own random thought here. I woke up this morning missing Sam... I would just love to kiss those sweet cheeks this morning. How glad I am that we live in the days we do and I can get random pictures and videos soo often. How I LOVE this one....I have watched it over and over and over. The intent look on his face, and his glee at completion just says it all....ENJOY!
Far right hand button hit full screen to see this a little better!
To enjoy the other Hodgepodgers, click HERE. ; )
Enjoy your day!