It is Wednesday already, and time for Hodgepodge. Join the others participating HERE, or better yet, jump in and join us!
1. When were you last "on a mountain top?" You may answer in the literal or figurative sense. Well, let's see...we go over a 8600 ft. mountain every time we come and go to Melody's, so that would be last Nov., however, the last figurative time would be almost two years ago this May when my son gave the message at his new church as the senior pastor for one of the first times, and I saw the Holy Spirit anoint him as he spoke, and move among the people of the church in such a way I will NEVER forget it! I knew deep in my heart that the Lord had called him for just this purpose, and I felt a deep peace that can only come from Him.
2. Do you establish and maintain a strict budget in your household? What is one piece of financial advice you would offer someone just starting out on their own? Oh how I would love to answer, YES we have ALWAYS followed a good tight budget, but that would NOT be true...we have done many things the hard way. These days however, we pay our bills and expenses on time, SAVE every extra dime we get out hands on for retirement and emergencies, and do the best we can with the rest of it. My advice would be simple.....SAVE SAVE SAVE...life moves quicker than you think, and more things can and probably will come up than you think. And step away from credit cards, they are NOT your friends.
3. Cherries yay or nay? Cherry pie, cherry cola, black forest cake, or a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Cherries Garcia...pick one. Cherries any old way for me....If I HAD to pick just ONE, it would be hot cherry pie for sure.
4. Should you ever discuss religion or politics with people you don't know? Well, I would say when it comes to politics probably not....WAY too tense for me these days, but there is a time and place for this sometimes. And as for religion, well to me, many people confuse it with faith or relationship with Jesus....very different in my opinion. Religious/church discussions can get sticky and tense and I do try to avoid them when I have a choice (which sometimes as Christians we just don't!) but discussions on the goodness of God and my personal relationship with Him on the other hand?? Can't usually shut me up. : )
5. When you take a road trip do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Where were you headed on your last road trip? Oh the passenger for sure...though I take my turn behind the wheel to give hubby a break...OK, SOMETIMES I do, haha. And our last road trip was in Nov. to Hobbs, NM to see my Melody, Sam and Mike.
6. If we peeked inside your closet, what color would we say is most prevalent? For me, this is a HARD one believe it or not as I rarely wear a plain color. Doesn't hide enough to suit me I think, haha, Sooo I stood inside my color to see just what I would say, and I guess it would be aqua blues, greens, and browns....and I know, this isn't ONE color, but it was the best I could do!
7. Who is your favorite senior citizen, and why are they special? This is easy....my mom for sure, and for obvious reasons. : )
8. Insert your own random thought here. This morning I am feeling thankful. Thankful my mom is doing soo much better, thankful that Donatella is out of the hospital and well on the way to being her usual busy, happy little self, thankful that Melody's pregnancy is going well, thankful for the rain last night, thankful for my wonderful hubby who goes soo out of his way to make my life easier, thankful spring and all it's loveliness is right around the corner, thankful for my kids and grandkids....I could go on but you get the idea!
ENJOY YOUR DAY!!