2. What are three sounds you hate to hear? The sound of someone taking the Lord's name in vain is right at the top of my list. The next would be nails on a chalk board...I get shivers just thinking about it. And finally it would be an irritating alarm clock. ; )
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying, or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit? Oh I will ALWAYS try on at the store. The last thing I would feel like is an extra trip to return something.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell? I LOVE Pistachio's. I have used them in baking for sure, but REALLY love them right out of the shell best,
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary? WOW...what a question...sigh. I have just recently had to do quite a bit of compromising. I'd love to say I was gracious, kind, and generous, but that would be a definite exaggeration. Most of the compromise was made by me which makes it more difficult to swallow down for sure. Sooo, I guess you would say I was irritated it was ever even an issue. What can I say? God is DEFINITELY still working on this old gal...
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response? No, I haven't, so it follows I didn't get a response...
7. We "march" into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile? Well, there are a few things. First of all it would be Easter Sunday which is on March 31st this year. No greater holiday than this in the life of a Christian. Love everything about this day. And then my oldest grandson will turn 18! AND! we will help my older sister celebrate her 60th birthday! Lots to get me smiling as you can see!
8. Insert your own random thought here...My thoughts are always soo random it is ALWAYS hard to just pick one....but let's see. Today I was feeling kind of nostalgic. Mom and I went out to lunch as she was hungry for Mexican food, so I decided to take her to the restaurant hubby and I discovered this week-end. The food was great (they have a simply delish Taco salad) and yet there was 3 times the crowd. It seems to be the place the "work" world gathers for lunch. Probably won't do that again too soon. But that isn't what I wanted to tell you. After lunch, mom didn't feel like going right back home so we decided to take just a brief little drive. It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in California, and that sounded good to me. Anyway, before I even realized the route I was taking, I found myself driving down the street of the university where Melody went to college. I wasn't there often of course as she drove herself back and forth etc. But there were a few times I was there. Freshman orientation, the time her car broke down, the time I dropped her off as she was going to stay overnight with a friend and didn't want her car, and of course the last time would have been for graduation. We also drove right by a couple of spots I met her right by the college for a yogurt or a cup of coffee when I was in the area. It all seems sooo long ago, and yet just like yesterday in others. It has been almost (not quite) 5 years ago now since that graduation day. It just made me think back on those days and how I enjoyed them, never dreaming she would end spending (what will most likely be) the rest of her life living sooo far away from me. I miss her. I miss those days. Made me wonder if someday it might be her and I driving around much like my mother and I were today. Hard to imagine, and yet I guess it could be. If I am fortunate enough to live until I am 80 years old that is. Either way, I felt grateful I guess. Grateful for the time spent, and the memories made. Told you...kind of a nostalgic mood.
Hope you are all enjoying your week. You can join the others participating in Hodgepodge HERE.