1. Do you play games of luck/chance for money? Have you ever played bingo for money? Visited a casino? Placed a bet on a horse? Bought a lottery ticket? Nope, as a general rule this is just not me. I have never played bingo or bet on a horse for money. I have been to a few casinos in Vegas of course, but truthfully I really didn't like it. The smoke alone makes it hard for me to be there. I did play the slot machines but found them kind of annoying as I just mainly loss over and over. Couldn't imagine what in the world the attraction was until I actually won a small jackpot on a nickle slot machine and won a hundred dollars. I immediately quit and scurried out...Now that was fun! haha. I have never bought a lottery ticket, though hubby has once or twice. Again, just no attraction to me at all.
2. Will you be preparing and/or dining on the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage meal this St. Patrick's Day? Mashed-baked-hash browned-french fried....your favorite way to have potatoes? Well again, nope I will not be eating the traditional meal. Don't really care for corned beef. Or maybe I have just never really had GOOD corned beef. And my favorite way of having potatoes? A tough one...I LOVE potatoes almost any way you can think of! But I guess my favorite would be a good old baked potato covered in butter, sour cream and salt and pepper! Yum ~ but barely ever have one anymore. : (
3. What is the last thing you felt "green with envy" over? Well lets see....I had to think on this a while. I feel soo blessed to be envious of much, but maybe over a BEAUTIFUL granite counter top, and kitchen cupboards painted a soft buttery cream I saw in a house and garden magazine recently. Soo pretty!
4. What's at the end of your rainbow? Years of retirement spent enjoying my time spent with my hubby and family.
5. March 12th marks the anniversary of the death of Anne Frank (June 12, 1919 - March 19, 1945), Anne's dairy detailing her time spent hiding from the Nazi's during the war ranks as one of the best selling books of all time. Besides your blog, do you keep any sort of a diary or journal? Was this a habit you developed as a child, or is journaling something new for you? I do keep a prayer/devotional journal as well. It contains not only my prayer requests and answers, but just thoughts and scriptures the Lord brings to my mind during my quiet time. I did not start this habit until I was over 35 years old. I have been inconsistent in doing this off and on over the years, but these last 5 or so I have been pretty faithful with it.
6. What's an item in your home or closet that contains every color of the rainbow? Truthfully, I can't think of one... : )
7. Write a limerick with you as the subject. You can do it!! Just remember this is a family friendly blog...don't make me get out my wooden spoon. Oh my...it has been a LONG time since I have tried to do this...
There once was a woman named Deb.
Who had a cat that she called Fred.
He was ornery and mean
And seemed very keen
On sprawling right out on her bed!
|OLD PIC ~ SAME HAIR STYLE!|
8. Insert your own random thought... It is 85 degrees today and just GORGEOUS out. Mom and I went down to Newport to get our hair done. Mom has not had hers done since before her accident in Dec. She wears her hair short, and modern (thanks to my wonderful niece Jessie) and a beautiful caramel blonde. How good she looks. There's nothing like a fresh haircut and color touch-up to lighten your mood. I worked for almost 3 hours yesterday getting all my squares together (back, warm and natural center and front) ironed and ready to sew. WOW! Again, never would have dreamed for it to take soo long. Tomorrow I will FINALLY begin to sew each square with an x. I am really wanting to put my rows together. Wonder if it will actually happen this week? Can't wait.
Thought you might enjoy this picture of Sam enjoying an applesauce snack in front of his favorite Mickey Mouse program!
|LOVE THIS! FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW, GRANDMA HAS TO ENJOY THIS CUTIE MOSTLY IN DAILY PICTURES HIS MAMA SENDS ME. HOW I MISS HIM! BUT I AM SOO GRATEFUL FOR MODERN WAYS OF "SEEING" GLIMPSES OF HIM ALMOST EVERY DAY!|
How I appreciate these questions every week! Thanks soo much to Joyce! You can join the other Hodgepodgers HERE.