1. This week's Hodgepodge is Volume 123. What's something you've done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3? I guess it would have to be the bibs I have been making for the new coming grandbabies. They are soo quick and simple. I can make 3 in about a half hour. Just how I like to do things. ; )
2. The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May...what is something you may do this month. Well, we will probably (so therefore we "may" I guess) be going to New Mexico for the birth of my daughter's second son. She is technically not due until the first part of June, but she has some female issues that probably mean she won't go that far.
|SAM, THE NEW BABIES BIG BROTHER. IS THIS JUST THE CUTEST PICTURE OR WHAT?|
4. May is National Hamburger Month....how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers? I assume you vegetarians won't be celebrating so tell us what you'd like instead? Well, this is going to be a surprisingly involved answer to such an easy question I am afraid, haha. I LOVE a good hamburger, but I am kind of fussy about them. First I have to be in the mood. Recently, I have been in the mood kind of a lot and I'd say we have burgers close to once a week. But let's see....first they MUST be barbecued and particularly by my hubby. He makes the best ones in the world. (or maybe he just KNOWS how I like them!). Then, I do not put mine in a bun...BUT! I must have ketchup, onion, pickles, avocado and tomato to apply to every bite. I also like corn on the cob with a good burger, and a fresh salad as well. Yum....
5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens...of the four mentioned, which is your favorite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house? Well I guess if we are talking PATIO flower, I would go with petunias. And yes, my patio is already sporting a pot of them. HOWEVER, I LOVE impatiens, and my front planter is FULL of them every year. And the gardening is definitely a joint project over here ~ though it is ALWAYS initiated by me. ; )
|OUR FRONT PORCH|
7. Say farewell to your April in ten words or less....Good bye to you sweet April...I have enjoyed "most" every minute of you! (a little over ten, but then I always am a little wordy!)
8. Insert your own random thought here. Well, as it turned out, I did NEED a root canal yesterday! It was the first one of these I have ever needed and at 58 I think that is pretty good. Actually, I have just been blessed with pretty good teeth, haha. I have only had 4 fillings in my life, 1 crown (will be two now!) and both of those were from fractured teeth, AND (now here is a REALLY weird fact) I have 3 baby teeth still in my mouth! There were simply no adult teeth under them. They were all my 1 year molars!! Sooo all three of those teeth have been in my mouth 57 years AND one of them has never even had a cavity!! How weird is that? So two of those four fillings were in baby teeth that didn't happen until I was in my 40's btw...My dentist said I could be in the Guinness World Book of Records, haha. But I was pleasantly surprised on the root canal. It was pretty much painless, and when I think how long I have been nursing a problem with this tooth (months!) I just wish now we had done it in the first place. And that's all I have to say about that!
I soo enjoy both doing and reading the other Hodgepodge posts which you can find HERE. And just for your information Joyce, @From this side of the pond has become one of my very favorite places to visit as I am soo blessed by her style of writing. You should check her out if you are not familiar with her, as I just know you'll love her!
Hope you all enjoy your day! Debbie