Sunday, September 15, 2013

MORE PROJECTS AND THE OUTDOOR CONCERT!


Is it Sunday afternoon and hubby is relaxing and I am quilting my second Christmas runner.  Well actually, I am taking a break.  If I sit at the sewing machine too long I begin to feel it in my back, so I am trying to be careful.  The last thing I need is another sore or non-function body part...sigh.  Let me show you what I have finished up in the last few days, and then I will tell you about yesterday.

First, I decided it was time to try and embroider something on a tiny little onesie for one of my two newest grandbabies.  I researched this quite a bit, as obviously they are really small to work with and come with their own unique set of problems.  I decided to go for Luke first, so I made one for him and a matching one for his big brother Sam.  They came out really cute.  I had intended to take a pic of the little onesie on the machine so you could see how tiny it was to work with, but I could never figure out how to do it without taking one of my hands off of the shirt.  I had to hold it carefully the whole time so that nothing got caught where it shouldn't have been.  I pinned, and clipped and carefully worked it.  I think when I am finally done learning how to do all of this, I could teach a tutorial that would be really helpful, haha.  Anyway, here they are...

HOW DARLING IS THIS DESIGN...I JUST HOPE THIS FITS HIM AS IT SEEMS KIND OF SMALL
  ,
AND SAM'S MATCHING T-SHIRT SEEMS A LITTLE BIG, LOL

LOOK AT HOW BIG THIS LITTLE GRINNING CUTIE IS GETTING!



I am also putting a super soft piece of iron on interfacing over the design so that there is a soft comfy feel next to their skin.  Just a little tidbit for anyone who is interested.  I also finished up the Christmas runner with binding.  I made a few mistakes.  I did a little lot of ripping while trying to do my invisible finish.  But I did finally figure it out, and I think the next time will be much easier.  There are several mistakes in this runner. I'd give it a C+ if I were a teacher grading it.  But for my first I was hardly expecting perfection, or was I? lol. My corners were nicely mitered (found REALLY good tutorials on this, and it was super easy!) and I chose to machine stitch mine own with a decorative stitch.  You can kind of see it in this next picture, but honestly it is not very clear I know.

I REALLY SHOULD DIG OUT MY BETTER CAMERA

TA DA!  MY VERY FIRST QUILTED RUNNER.  I AM PLEASED I FINISHED IT, BUT ANXIOUS TO MAKE ANOTHER AND MAKE IMPROVEMENTS
VINCENT READY TO GIVE KISSES
Now I will tell you about yesterday.  We started off going to JD's flag football game.  James had his hands full getting ready for the concert last night, so we agreed to help Larissa out at the game with the 4 kids. Now grandpa was soo excited about the game let me tell you.  He walked the sidelines reminding me of his behavior at all of his sons games.  Guess it's time for grandson's now.  JD looked adorable and played well so I guess that's all that really mattered.  They lost though, a lot to very little, haha.  Grandma held little Vinney through the whole game and enjoyed every minute of it.  After the game we stopped for a quick little dinner and headed over to the concert.  Everything about it was sooo nice starting with the weather.  It was a REALLY warm day yesterday which made for a perfect evening last night.  Clear, tiny light cool breeze, and soo nice.  The band was WAY WAY better than I might have thought.  Now I have heard LoveLite on the radio of course, but honestly in person they were just phenomenal.  They were soo good and it wasn't long and the whole audience was worshiping right along with them.   As they took a little break my son gave a short evangelical gospel message that was really good, and several people did come forward to give their lives to the Lord.  What a blessing it was to be a part of all of this, and I thank you all for your prayers.  The majority of the crowd was Christian already of course, but it attracted some passerby's as well.  There were Bibles for the new believers, and people ready to talk and pray with them.  We didn't get home until 11 last night and decided not to drive back down there this morning, but to listen to our old pastor Dave Rosales on line instead.

JD IN HIS SHIRT GRANDMA MADE....I WISH I HAD MADE THE WORDS STAR WARS THREE TIMES AS BIG, BUT OH WELL, HE WAS HAPPY

AT THE CONCERT LAST NIGHT...THE TWO GIRLS BEHIND MY SON WERE NOT FROM LOVELITE BUT WERE ALSO THERE SHARING THEIR MUSIC


Well, guess maybe I will head back to the sewing machine for just a little while and then get dinner together.  Hope you all had a good week-end.  Praying God's best blessings for you all!  Debbie

8 comments:

  1. So fun to see your excitement about your new machine! Love what you are doing with it!!
    The picture of the boys is precious!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concert sounds just wonderful! I want to go to something like that.

    And I loved every shot of your grandsons. We got FOUR cuties in one post this time. I also loved the part about your husband at the game. I hope my husband has grandsons some day. He "deserves" them. (But now, I deserve granddaughters too. Not greedy, much, am I?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your shirts for grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New machine, great projects, cute kids, and the blessing of great music in the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidery work is really beautiful! You certainly are a talented lady!

    Just love those sweet faces in each photo! Pure love :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grand babies are getting so big, it seems like it was just yesterday that they made their arrival. Your runner turned out beautifully, and looking forward to seeing all you can do with that embroidery machine. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  7. precious shirts...too cute, what fun
    Concert...oh I remember going to some like that and need to again, what a joy it must be to see your son sharing the gospel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I simply LOVE these shirts Debbie. You are so talented in this area. Again I say (in your spare time) you must open an Etsy shop with these designs. I would buy one for little Kenzie. Yeah, I know ...in what spare time?

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!