1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year's Superbowl. So when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good? Nope, not where I thought it was headed, haha. I have not bowled in a good, long while. At least 7 or 8 years ago. I actually kind of enjoyed it even though we didn't do it very often. And here is the MOST surprising part of all...I wasn't bad considering how little we actually did it.
2. Should sports stars be role models? Well I guess my answer would be NO, there are soo many more worthy of that title in my opinion, and yet like it or not they are. So with it comes definite responsibility. Some athletes handle the job well, where others of course do not. They should figure out some way of putting that in their contracts.
3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats? Well even though I don't eat them often, I do love oatmeal. I love it super warm with milk, brown sugar and raisons or soft bites of apple. I also love them in cookies, and I have a fantastic oatmeal cake recipe that was always my mother's favorite. It is hard to beat.
4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014? There is MANY books on my list for 2014, but the one at the top of the list right now is The Book Thief. I so enjoyed the movie it made me want to read the book all the more. They are ALWAYS better.
5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self? Why oh why are you not taking even better care of yourself? It makes things MUCH harder for me.
6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while? Well if I am being truthful there are SEVERAL that can do this to me. But one I will always watch for some reason no matter where it is in the movie is Places in the Heart starring Sally Field. I love that movie for some reason.
7. What two style trends you hope never come back into fashion? Well I HATE the super baggy hanging of the rear end pants on guys, and I guess the other might be the crop tops for gals.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Well, as usual I have MANY random thoughts, but today, (which is Tues afternoon) right now while I am writing this, all I can think of is..... I HAVE OFFICIALLY FINISHED the quilt! It is NOT perfect, it was a SUPER easy pattern (it was what she requested) it is smaller than I intended, and yet! I have actually made my very first quilt! Now I have made the quilted Christmas runners, and I have made rag quilts, but this is my FIRST official quilt. Putting the binding on this morning made me very nervous I am not going to lie, though not nearly as nervous as squaring up the quilt. I read so many tutorials on this that honestly I was more confused than ever, and just did it my own way, lol. It came out perfectly so I must have done something right, but not sure it would work every time. lol The binding was easy but I wanted it PERFECT which was a little more difficult. My mitered corners came out well, but my invisible join not so much, lol, which it is the old it is what it is. No one else will ever notice, or at least I don't think they will. Anyway, my first one is done, and hopefully I will go on to make MANY MANY more. I thoroughly enjoyed doing this....can you tell?
I sooo love participating in this meme. If you would like to join the others who participate, you can find them HERE. Hope you all are having a good week, and are staying healthy, soo much junk going around. Blessings to you all! Debbie