Tuesday, February 25, 2014
It's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge, and honestly I am kind of tired and thinking maybe I should just pass this week, but decided to press on. I do so enjoy playing along with this event. To join the others that are participating too, click HERE.
1. What is something you'll never forget about the age you are right now? I guess there are a few things. It is the age that I finally learned something about quilting and put together my first quilt. It is also the age where I am enjoying having soo many little grandkids which bless my days more than you can know. It is the age where my knees are shot and I am waiting for the time to be right to replace them....never thought that would happen. And it is the age where I have learned to live my life without my mom. : (
2. What's a household chore you've never done? How have you managed that? Well, I haven't done a few things I guess. I have never changed the filter on a heater/air conditioner. I have never mowed the yard (is that a household chore?) I have never used the outside grill (not sure how to even turn it on). I have never cleaned the garage or the shed. (though I did assist once or twice I guess over the years) How have I managed that? Well I guess because I married a guy who has always handled those chores.
3. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture? Explain.... Well if I get to involved with this question, I could go on and on. I think that A LOT of who we are is in our inborn personalities. However, of course it is influenced then by how we were raised and the circumstances of each of our individual lives. I think though to a large extent we are who we are. A perfect example of this is my 4 children. All raised by the same two people, and with very similar circumstances etc. And yet 4 more different people would be hard to find. Not that they have nothing the same, just that they are VERY different. I had to discipline them differently, encourage them differently and mold them differently, dependent upon each of their own inborn personalities. Told you. I could go on and on.
4. Friday (February 28th) is Something on a stick Day"...funny because Zoanna at a Penchant for Pens recently sent me a question for the Hodgepodge relating to this topic. What's your favorite food eaten on a stick? That's easy, a corn dog for sure!
5. Which one of your senses do you treasure most and why? Honestly I just can't imagine losing any of my senses. I appreciate them all! But I guess if I had to chose it would be my sight. To be able to see the beauty God created all around me is just priceless. As is the faces of my loved ones, the ability to drive a car and be independent, sew, read and on and on the list goes. Just VERY grateful as I think about this!
6. What's the best music. theater, or sporting venue you've been to? What made it great? Honestly, I haven't been to many. Angel stadium, Dodger Stadium, the Pantages Theater,the Greek Theater, the Pond, the Staple Center, a few other small ones are about it I guess. I've enjoyed them all. But I guess if I had to say my favorite was probably the Greek Theater. I LOVED that it was outdoors and not all that huge, and the surrounding trees and landscape. Honestly the few times I have been there it was always soo nice. And I guess the fact that I saw George Straight there twice helped too. LOVE him! lol
7. It's the last week of the month...in five words or less bid adieu to your February. (wow I can never do ANYTHING in 5 words or less!) Goodbye for now love month!
8. Insert your own random thought here. Well I am not doing as well as I hoped finishing up my projects this week so far. Probably because I keep adding things to my list. Haven't been feeling all that well either which is making it more difficult to keep my nose at the sewing machine. But the end is in sight, and I am pressing on. Hope you are all having a GOOD week. Many blessings to you all.
at 9:21 PM