1. April showers bring May flowers,. or so the the saying goes. When did you last "shower" attention on someone or have attention "showered" on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm? Well, it seems as if I have done a lot of showering recently. First with all the things I made for my nieces new baby. I loved every minute of it. And then with my grandson and my son's recent birthday celebrations. I LOVE LOVE LOVE "showering" others with attention. As for me, honestly I don't remember when it was last my turn. But depending on the attention and occasion, I both love and hate it, lol.
2. Share a favorite "spring break" memory. Not talking about just the "college spring break" things, but ANY spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please! Well good thing it is NOT a college spring break memory as I don't have any of those. I remember more spring breaks when I was raising my kids. We never went anywhere special that I can recall, but I remember looking forward to them and loving every minute of them as well. It was always around Easter in those days (not any more I know) and most all of our time was spent around water of some sort. New swim suits started things off. And then there were beach trips, back yard swim days, at least one matinee movie, and enjoying NO homework or busy schedules. Broke out the shorts, slept in, barbequed and just generally kick started summer. Easy to do in Southern California. Though we did have the occasional spring break that was cool and overcast. Those were never as much fun, lol.
3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans. Oh I LOVE pecans! LOVE THEM! I love them sprinkled on salads, in candy and cookies, or just all by themselves. But the favorite dish is easy...pecan pie of course!
4. "Put all your eggs in one basket" "egg on your face" "rotten egg" "walk on eggshells" or a "good egg"..which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life? Well let's see...nothing jumped right out at me, but surely I can work one of these....I guess I am going to go with "walk on eggshells" as it kind of felt that way after the earthquakes for a while. Like at any minute another could hit. I was kind of wanting to be prepared for it and I kind of slunk around jumping a bit at every sound. Glad to report I am over it now, but it was NOT a good feeling, lol.
5. In my experience....wow, this could go a million ways... I always seem to have something I am trying to get someone to listen to my vast experience in, lol. For right now, I guess I will say in my experience about life in general, it goes MUCH faster than you might think. When I was a young mom and knee deep in car pools, school, homework, sports, orthodontics, and always putting a meal of some sort or another on the table, I was sure I would NEVER see the end of it. Part of that might have been I had 4 children and they were not particularly close in age. (a good 3 to 4 years apart with the last trailing 6 years behind the others!) Seemed like I was on it for years! I was always hurrying it seemed and wishing ahead for when times would be simpler. Looking back now I should have been S L O W I N G it down and savoring more of the moments. Didn't figure that out to the end, and now sadly I feel like I might not have cherished it enough at the time. Soo, in my experience, take the time in your life to CHERISH the moments, make memories, and linger in whatever season you find yourself in. The next one comes soon enough.
6. What's a favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics? Oh an easy one...Rain drops keep falling on my head by BJ Thomas.
7. What does the word hope mean to you? Wow another deep one. Well I guess for me hope is all about the Lord. Hope is defined in Webster's dictionary as a verb that basically means to want something to happen or to be true, and think that it could happen or be true...or as a Christian to somehow in my spirit KNOW something is true. For Christians our hope is in the Lord. Through our faith in Him we have salvation from our sins and hope for things yet to come. Heaven and a reuniting with our loved ones. We have hope in His Word, in His promises, and in His constant care and love.
Psalm 31:24 Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who HOPE in the Lord.
Psalm 71:5 For You are my HOPE, Oh Lord God, You are my trust from my youth.
Psalm 119:114 You are my hiding place and my shield; I HOPE in Your Word.
Psalm 146:5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his hope, Whose HOPE is in the Lord his God.
8. Insert your own random thought here...Well I guess I have a few as always, but right at the top of the list is these last couple of days have been HOT. Near 90 degrees or more both days. Don't really feel like that yet, but it is the old it is what it is. Don't really want to turn on my air conditioner and get that electric bill going in April, but this house is not insulated very well and it is over 80 in here. Makes me lazy. I did make up some coasters today for my sister. No reason other than I saw the fabric and it was calling her name, lol. She has been