Yes it is Wednesday already, and time for the Hodgepodge. Haven't participated in a couple of weeks, so I am anxious to get back at it. You can join the others HERE.
1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where? Well as I thought back on this the answer is NO I did not. Or if I did I certainly can't remember any so they must not have been anything too great. As for my kids, they had several a year it seemed. And I went on several with them. Seems I was Room Mom (do they still have those?) more than my fair share of times I think, and I thoroughly enjoyed the field trips. Some of the best were we all took the Amtrak down to San Diego and then went out on a boat whale watching. Or hubby went to Washington DC with my son's 8th grade class. A memory they will never forget. There were zoo trips, Knots Berry Farm and on and on the list goes. The kids LOVED them!
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online? Oh I guess it would be advertisements for supplements or drugs promising a quick cure for one thing or another.
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life...everything's coming up roses, there's no rose without a thorn, came out smelling like a rose, or wearing rose-colored glasses? Off the top of my head I would say that NONE of these applied very well, lol. But for the sake of playing along I guess I would say...maybe wearing rose colored glasses. There are ALWAYS soo many stresses and trials in our lives that could overwhelm us and steal the joy right out of our hearts. But I chose to look at things through those rose colored glasses I guess and find the blessings that are always there as well. This last month was NO exception let me tell you. But I am sticking with, God is good ALL the time, yes, ALL the time God is good.
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill? I definitely prefer gas and my hubby does ALL of the grilling at our house. We grill outdoors year round, and usually at least a couple times a week. We had a very yummy Salmon just last night.
5. Are you afraid of the dark? I guess I would say yes and no. Is that an answer? If I am alone in the house overnight I usually keep a light on somewhere, however if I am not then they must ALL be off. I would be somewhat "scared" to walk alone in a dark alley, or a dark parking lot, or a "dark" anywhere for that matter I guess. But I am not afraid of the dark per say.
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title. Wow, believe it or not this song popped right into my head and now I can't think of anything else to save my life so guess I will just go with it...."One is a lonely number" by 3 dog night. It's a super old song, and I bet no one else even knows it. lol
7. Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." (C.G. Jung) Do you agree? Why or why not? Well I guess I would agree off the top of my head, though I have not ever given the matter much thought before. But it "seems" to make sense. However, something that irritates me about others is when they are soo absorbed in their own selves they cannot see much of anything else going on around them. They criticize, they gossip, and they have no real empathy for another's situation that might be causing their behaviors etc. And I guess I could say that this would lead me to understand WHAT about myself? How NOT to behave I guess. Or maybe that I want to be understood. I have a feeling I could dwell on this question for a VERY long time. Maybe it is referring to if something is really annoying me in another person then what I need to do is look inside myself to see why it bugs me. In this case maybe it would be to be judged over something or in some way I am behaving, that the other person simply has NO understanding or sympathy of.
8. Insert your own random thought here. As usual I have MANY random thoughts. I will try and keep it brief. As it turns out my FIL will not be doing his surgery here in California. Very long and draining story as to why not, just suffice it to say he does not want to put the time into the tests and procedures they want to start with. Not really sure where he will be doing it, or IF he will do it at all. I can't say I don't understand. At what age and at what point in your life do you call enough is enough, and let nature just take it's course? He is very certain if it were a question of chemo therapy or something, he would definitely NOT be doing it, and he sees this surgery as something very near to that. He is 85 years old, has lead a full life, outlived 2 wives, and is VERY set in his lifestyles and ways of doing things at this point, and really doesn't want to make some pretty drastic changes which this surgery would definitely require. In addition to that, he is really feeling pretty good. So for now he is "mulling it over" as he says. I enjoyed the days he spent at our house, and I can tell you he is still as sharp as they come. So I will pray he makes the right decision for him, and that my hubby and his sister are OK with the decision too, whatever it might be. And another random thought I had today...soo different from this one is...4 years ago today I was undergoing surgery for breast cancer. Seems like a million years ago in some ways, and in others can't believe it's already been 4 years. How grateful I am for the outcome of that surgery, and the fact that it was ALL I required for a cure, will NEVER be expressed enough that's for sure. Thank you Jesus!