Wednesday, August 13, 2014
1. The best part of waking up is _______________ "Folgers in your cup.." remember that commercial? I hear that and it is about all I can think of now, lol. But considering I don't drink coffee, I can't really say that. And it certainly isn't my herbal tea. Sooo guess I will go with for me, the best part of waking up is KNOWING I have been blessed with another day to spend with my family, healthy, and with a roof over my head and food in my cupboard, free to worship God in any way I chose. And with all that is going on today in this world, with the horrifying persecution of our Christian brothers and sisters, the poverty and the hunger that is the everyday life of sooo many, the diseases that seem to be multiplying at an alarming rate, I feel blessed indeed.
2. Given a choice, which animal interaction would you most like to experience (or for those non-adventurers...which would you dislike the least?) Swim with the dolphins at one of several locations in the Florida Keys, a lion encounter ten minutes from Victoria Falls (Africa) or a day at a remote base camp high in the Big Sur wilderness via the Ventana Wildlife Society helping track California condors? Goodness, lol, is this NEVER me....But playing along I guess I would chose the dolphins. That actually sounds and looks pretty fun IF I were the type!
3. What is something you fear about "old age"? What is something you look forward to? Well I guess for me it would have to be I fear not being able to care for myself do to illness or the fading of my mind, and becoming a burden for one of my kids. And what I look forward (I guess what I am hoping for) to is growing old with my husband beside me having been retired for MANY years and just enjoying simple pleasures while watching my kids and grandkids go about their productive lives.
4. Hot sauce...are you a fan? If you answered yes, what's something you make/eat that must have hot sauce? On a scale of 1 - 10 how hot is too hot? NO, I am not a fan. I like a "little" spice though, don't really like bland or tasteless food either, but on a scale of 1 - 10 I'd say a 2 or 3 at the very most.
5. It's been said that children learn what they live...What do you think children learn at your house? Well considering grandchildren are the only children in my home anymore, I think they learn that they are special, important, and unconditionally loved. I hope then that they would learn to love and treat others that way.
6. What's your favorite movie with a number in it's title? Off the top of my head the Ten Commandments popped in. But so did Nine to Five, remember that? Haven't seen it in years. LOVE the Ten Commandments with Charleton Heston though, so I am going with that I guess.
7. Saturday (August 16th) is National Tell a Joke Day....share one here....Oh no, I am terrible at this...I read this the other day...somewhere, lol. If the grass is greener on the other side, you can bet the water bill is higher...
8. Insert a random thought here...I am off this afternoon to get another crown done. This will be my 4th one. And every one of the crowns I have needed are the result of broken teeth. Not cavities or decay, simply wear and tear I guess. He sees tiny cracks in others that may follow suit in a couple of others, but they may have a few years left before they do so I guess I will just move along and see what happens....sigh. I guess I have been pretty fortunate in the "teeth" department, so I shouldn't complain, but crowns are soo expensive even with a pretty good insurance. I am hoping it won't be like last time. I ended up needing a root canal too. My first and I am hoping, ONLY one ever. I have NO pain this time, so he told me he doubts I will. (I didn't remind him he said that last time too, lol). Hope all of your afternoons prove to a little more fun then mine!
at 12:00 AM