1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history - 9-11. Will you mark it in some special way? We do not have any special plans in mind, but I know I will be in prayer for our country, and the people's whose lives were so directly affected. We also fly our flag.
2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone? Yes, I definitely listen to the radio in the car. Yes, we do occasionally still watch a videotape as we have MANY old movies (mainly holiday ones) that are on VCR, and also old family tapes. Nope, we never use the yellow pages. No, never use a paper map, we are GPS users here, and No, I never use an alarm, (no need I wake up on my own at the crack of dawn) and hubby has me, lol. If he SHOULD need an alarm, he uses his phone.
3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know? I guess off the top of my head I would say probably not. But you never know. Guess it would depend on the gathering and circumstances and general atmosphere of the people involved.
4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month? Well here in California September is still very much a summer month and I haven't got anything in particular that screams that month to me. Now October on the other hand...we have usually gotten some Fall like weather and then Chili is definitely calling my name.
5. What's something you know nothing about? Goodness, how long do you have? The list is long and arduous.
6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so what's your favorite piece? LOVE LOVE LOVE classical music. I have many favorites. But right at the top of the list is Beethoven's Fur Elise. I still play it occasionally on the piano. All of my kids (and now my grandkids) LOVE when I play it to this day, even though it's full of mistakes. There's also Moonlight Sonota also by Beethoven. I play that one too, but not very well at all anymore. When I was in highschool I had a whole book of classical pieces for the piano and I could lose myself for hours in it.
7. What's the oldest thing you own? I guess it would be the piece of the quilt I have that belonged to my great grandmother that is made up with pieces of my grandmother's baby dresses. Each of my sisters and I share a piece of this quilt.
|AND TWO OF MY SISTERS|
8. Insert your random thought here. At the top of my head this morning is that I have to return to the dentist today. That crown I got a couple of weeks ago is starting to feel "wrong". I have this horrible feeling another root canal is lying ahead for me...not a happy camper over here. And I am trying to finish up my sewing that I want to bring with us next week to Melody's. Just a pair of jammies left I think. Also, I took my quilt to the quilters yesterday and the gals there were VERY VERY enthusiastic about it. In fact, they said they LOVED it. Now, I don't think they were just "fluffing my feathers" haha. but you never know. They are convinced that after quilting it I too will love it. Meanwhile, it has grown on me. (a little) lol
Blessings and joy today to you all! Debbie