Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A FORCED SLOW DOWN...

Well it's Tues morning and I am hoping for a better day...I had a ROUGH week-end I just can't lie.  My back was just a mess.  So much so that I headed into the docs yesterday afternoon to see what should be done.  I am not one for going to the doctors.  Not that I don't think they are necessary and at times CRITICAL of course, but just that some things I feel like what are they going to do but prescribe some drugs etc., and I avoid medication as much as I possibly can.  I am soo sensitive to drugs, and the side effects can sometimes be worse then the problem.  Anyway....she basically told me it is my shoulder muscles that are involved and that is MOST likely from over use and strain. Between all the sewing, my computer, and texting that right arm and shoulder are used a lot I guess so it did make sense.  Soo she ordered x-rays (which I ran and did right away) and some blood work, and prescribed an anti-inflammatory to take for a while.   If that doesn't help I guess some physical therapy might be next.  I usually avoid anti-inflammatory's as they bother my already extremely touchy stomach (even Advil and Motrin) and eventually raise my already questionable blood pressure.  But my blood pressure was good yesterday (even in pain which seemed like a miracle! lol) and so she said it would be perfectly fine to take it for a while.  We will see.  It will probably really help my arthritis too which will be a little side bonus.  All 3 of my sisters suffer from autoimmune diseases and so she is pretty certain that it could be some of what is going on with me too. I have IBS and apparently that too is considered an autoimmune disease too....sigh    I have a tendency to just "press on" and not give into things when I am not feeling my best, and have always been told my pain tolerance is extremely high, but I think I may have to take it easy for a while.  I will go ahead and admit (in case you haven't figured it out) I am NOT a very patient person, and I do NOT like to be idle.  Soo this should all be interesting.   Hopefully I am not in for a long spell of this.  Meanwhile the heat wave is SUPPOSED to be over today, and we should have a REALLY nice day today.  My windows are wide open right now and a wonderously cool breeze is blowing in.  We did manage to get our air conditioner fixed early on Sat morning, and I honestly don't know if you can imagine how grateful I was.  Especially considering I am dragging my heating pad where ever I am as it does bring some relief.  Which is kind of funny because usually ice works for me, but it seemed to just be making things worse in this case.  The doc said either was fine and to just do what soothes. Even in the midst of my pain yesterday I was struck with gratitude that I do as well as I do when I saw all the poor people at the x-ray office yesterday.  Especially some of the elderly.  Oh my goodness, one poor woman could hardly stand there as they tried to get her information; she was soo weak and ill.  And then of course there were soo many in wheel chairs or using walkers or canes.  Made me remember some of those times with my mom when I'd take her to the docs and for her tests and how hard it was on her.  I just sat there and prayed for each person one by one even though I didn't know why they were even there.  God did and that's all that matters. Welp, guess that's it for now.  Haven't got much else.  I will get around to visit when I can.  I am going to try and not stay on here for very long as I am going to do my best to be good.  Hope you all have a good week!  Blessings to you all!  Debbie




13 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you well wishes and lots of prayers, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart!!! It's hard on you to slow down and rest!! Hope you feel much better very soon!
    Heat wave??? I guess I forget where you live! It is supposed to be 81 here in the DFW area of Texas today!
    The days of living inside with the A/C on are not far away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you, friend. I cannot imagine the pain. I hope you experience some genuine relief and soon.

    Hugs,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, I am sorry that you are in this flare and I hope that it won't last too long. Both John and I have been in a flare for several weeks...it's crazy. Massage seems to help him...coconut oil with a drop or two of Thieve massaged into the muscle...at least, he gets to sleep. I have been napping daily and my heating pad has become a good friend. Your description of those who were suffering at your doctor's office just tugged at my heart. What is that verse...ahhh, yes, James 5:16. Praying for you! =D Yay for a fixed AC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Debbie, I am so sorry to hear that your back only got worse over the weekend. But hopefully, the meds and rest will give you some relief. Please take some time to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only imagine that sitting at the sewing machine looking down as much as you do can definitely take it's toll on your shoulders. Bless your heart, I just hate it for you but hopefully it will no be long before you can be back at your machine. You may just have to limit the amount of time that you sit there. Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I hope it goes away quick. It is how hard we push ourselves then our bodies tell us we are going to stop now.
    I tell you it is so hard to be idle.
    I hope it all goes away as fast as it came. Yes, today was so much cooler. I am so glad, I am not ready for heat in March.
    Have a lovely evening

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Debbie, I know you're frustrated with this slow-down! You are such a busy, productive girl and I am sure that it is foreign to you to have to sit and wait. I pray that the Lord brings you joy in the quiet. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no Debbie!!! Not fun at all. I hope you take it nice and easy and feel better very soon.
    Take care
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Debbie, I'm praying that you'll find relief from your pain - SOON. In the meantime, take care of yourself, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry sweet friend....praying for you. Sometimes God wants us to sit quiet, be still and know :-)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!