Monday, March 30, 2015

THE WEEK-END WRAP UP...

Well it's Monday morning and we had a good week-end IN SPITE of the fact that I am still in pain...it is getting VERY old, but it is what it is....I don't want to sound like I am not grateful for the fact that I am definitely getting better, it is just that it is S L O W, and I think I might have mentioned I am just a little on the impatient side.  We didn't decide until Sat. morning as to rather or not we were going to go to the birthday party for little Weston.  But I woke up feeling pretty good.  Not pain free by any stretch, but I did feel pretty good other then that.  I figured all I really had to do was drive over to the park and then walk over to a chair and sit there in the GORGEOUS weather and enjoy.  We called my dil Leah and told her if she brought Jeffie and Cody on over they could go with us as well, as both she and my son Joe had to work on the day.   I ended up being very glad I decided to go...(and trust me, I was definitely concerned I might regret it! lol) It was just a beautiful day.  The weather honestly couldn't have been nicer.  Warm and sunny, but a pleasant cool breeze blowing and I sat in a comfy chair in the shade and soaked it all up.  Several of my younger grandkids were there as well, happy to see each other and enjoying the day.  I think I have mentioned before that my niece Jessica is quite gifted in the creative talent department, and this party was no exception.  The theme was a camp fire cook out and honestly she had soo many cute little touches that the kids enjoyed I am sure I will leave something out, lol.  I did not walk around and take pictures like I usually might have, but hubby tried to for me.  He missed some things I probably would have taken pictures of, but I was VERY grateful for what he did get.  Let me try and describe it for you.  As you walked across this little bridge to the covered picnic area, she had set up a little container and sign for the kids to grab a canteen to wear for the day.  Both my grandsons were instantly intrigued, lol.  Then she had two little tents set up with a fake fire in front of them.  (My grands ate their smores and trail mix snacks in them and loved it.) There was a smores bar, a trail mix station, and a little fishing pond area complete with plastic fish and fishing poles. Soo cute. She had a little craft area set up for making little bird houses as well.  They really loved this.  For lunch there was barbequed hot dogs, chili, potato and pasta salad, chips, and an assortments of drinks. All sooo good.  Weston was adorable on the day.  How I love a one year old.  A game of football was played and enjoyed and lots of good conversation as well.  Three hours later we headed back home and I realized I hadn't thought about the pain for a good stretch of time.  It was a very welcome and pleasant diversion.  Let me show you some of the pics we got.

ENJOYING HIS CAKE!

MY NIECE JESSICA, WESTON AND HER HUSBAND PHIL

CODY AND JEFFIE

THE YUMMY SMORES BAR!

THE LITTLE TENTS...HOW CUTE IS THIS?

CODY ESPECIALLY LOVED THEM! LOL

BY THE TRAIL MIX BAR...I DID WONDER OVER HERE AND MADE MYSELF A NICE LITTLE SNACK

CODY AND TELLA FILLING THEIR CUPS UP.  NOTICE THE BRIDGE IN THE BACKGROUND.  IT WAS OVER THE TAIL END OF A GORGEOUS LAKE IN THE CENTER OF THE PARK

MAKING THEIR BIRD HOUSES...EVEN VINNY GOT IN ON IT!

VINNY FISHING WITH GRANDPA

BIGGER BOYS ENJOYED IT TOO!  THEY WERE TRICKY TO HOOK, LOL



LUNCH TIME...SHE USED TIN PIE TINS FOR PLATES.  CUTE IDEA!

INSIDE THE TENT 

THEY LOVED IT!
VINNY WAS SOO CUTE IN THERE!




FOOTBALL GAME

GETTING SOME LOVE FROM VINNY...THE BEST MEDICINE FOR GRANDMA!  I WAS SINGING IN HIS EAR,  FOR SOME REASON HE ALWAYS LOVES IT, LOL.

ALL THE KIDS GOT ONE OF THESE TOO.  INSIDE THE HANDKERCHIEF WAS A BUNCH OF LITTLE GEAR FOR CAMPING...A TINY FLASHLIGHT AND COMPASS, A BUTTERFLY NET, AND PACKAGES OF GUMMY BEARS AND FISH CRACKERS, AND LOTS MORE I AM FORGETTING, LOL.  THEY LOVED THEM NEEDLESS TO SAY!




WASN'T QUITE SURE WHAT TO DO WITH THAT CAKE AT FIRST, LOL

THIS WAS SUCH A CREATIVE AND CUTE WAY TO DOCUMENT HIS FIRST YEAR.  KIND OF HARD TO SEE WITH THE BRIGHT SUNLIGHT, BUT YOU GET THE IDEA.
All in all it was a very nice day.  On Sunday we did just hang around the house and take it easy.  Well I did anyway.  Hubby grocery shopped and gave the dog a bath as well, lol.  Hopefully I will continue to get better and better as Easter is coming up next week-end, and we are getting closer and closer to the birth of that baby.  Poor Melody is definitely feeling these last few weeks of pregnancy which I know all us mom's can appreciate.  Just soo over it, lol.  I am hoping to do a little more sewing this week.  I am involved in a good book too.  The Centurion's Wife.  There will probably be a few more naps, and hopefully I will be able to address the nails on both my hands and feet.   Hope you all enjoy your weeks!  Blessings to you all!  Debbie




8 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are a tiny bit better, and so glad you got to go to that very fun birthday party. It looks like such fun!
    I am glad you got to sit in the the shade and hold babies. Best medicine I think.
    I hope you get to do some things this week and rest.
    I hope the pain goes a way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have hated missing such a fun and imaginative party! Your niece is very clever. The kids all look very happy! Glad that you are feeling better...sounds as if it's a back and forth thing. Praying for more relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie
    It looks like such a fun party for all of the children and wonderful it distracted from your pain for a while, at least.
    Sure hope you get to feeling better fast.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you shared the pictures of this very creatively done party. Every picture is so fun to look at and see all the details that were put into it all. My favorite was the window, where she documented his first year. What a great idea! As for you, I am so sorry that you are still experiencing pain. I sure hope you start feeling better soon, especially with Easter and your precious little baby coming. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what creativity! And with the gorgeous weather and the fact that some of your grands were there, I am sure you were so glad that you decided to go. I'm glad to hear that you're continuing to feel better (just not quickly enough, I know). I'm praying that you'll continue to heal and will be painfree soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling party theme! I love all of her creative ideas! So happy you are improving. It takes a long time with Shingles. Take it easy. Soon another baby!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you hear you are feeling some better. Hopefully it won't be long before you are back 100%.

    Love all those party ideas. Wish I was that creative! Adorable pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally amazed at birthday parties these days. They are big productions for sure. I'm glad they were just simply a gathering with cake and ice cream when my kids were little. So glad you are seeing improvement and I hope it won't be much longer before you are feeling 100%. Easter blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!