Monday, August 17, 2015

WEEK-END VISITORS


Well we somehow managed to get through our busy, busy week-end without a single picture!  How can that be?!  I guess we were just busy with our heads on something else.  But let me tell you about it anyway.  It started at noon on Friday when I met my youngest son to pick up his oldest three [not brave enough to keep the recently turned 2 year old Vinny on a week-end sleep over yet, lol] half way for both of us.  We had lunch at BJ's and caught up for a bit before I headed home with the kids.  The kids and I got settled in and then hubby got home early and the fun began.  Honestly I would have preferred to do one on one visits with the kids so that each one could be focused on and fussed over a bit by grandma and grandpa, but these kids had such a busy summer it just wasn't happening.  So rather then not do it at all we went for a group visit.  And it turned out really well.  Friday night hubby brought home In and Out for dinner which was quick, easy, tasty, and cool.  Goodness we have been on heat wave here with temps in the low one hundreds!  Anyway, after dinner we chose some family movies to watch from netflix and then ended up making some chocolate chip cookies [despite not really wanting to turn the oven on] for dessert.  The kids didn't settle into bed to close to 11 but were out like lights once they laid down, lol.  Saturday was busy, busy from beginning to end.  The day started with fresh donuts for breakfast along with some sausage and eggs.  Actually, I may have been the only one eating eggs, lol.  I felt bad as the kids pretty much ate nothing but junk all week-end.  Guess you can get away with that when your the grandparents and you only have them for a day or so, lol.  After breakfast grandpa took them over to the pool for a swim and grandma straightened up around here and did the dishes.  When they got back we decided we'd go to the movies next.  It was SOO hot outside we needed something cool to be on, and a chilled movie theater sounded perfect. We brought in hamburgers and had those and some popcorn and some candy and some icee drinks and they had a feast while we watched Shaun the Sheep, which was surprising funny even for grandma and grandpa.  After the movie it was EVEN hotter outside [if that was possible] so we got home and got out the board game Sorry and spent the next couple of hours playing that.  We ALL enjoyed it. Grandpa even taught them the little sing song that he and his sister used to sing to each other when one of them would send one of their little people back to start...."your starting over in the middle of the game, toot toot!"  Goodness they loved singing that to each other, lol.  Thank God for air conditioning, though I am already dreading this month's bill.  We ordered them in pizza for dinner [told you it was a week-end of junk, lol] though grandma had a salad, and there was ice cream and more chocolate chip cookies and movies for the evening.  By the time they all showered and packed their things back up it was time for bed which was only a little earlier then the night before. On Sunday [after MORE donuts!] we dressed and headed back down to San Diego for church.  We were a little bit late for service as I was out of practice of getting myself and 3 others ready to go [had to straighten the girls hair!] as well, but we made it.  After service we enjoyed lunch at my son's house and got to spend a little time enjoying Vinny as well.  His brother and sisters all missed him for sure. How grateful I am for this little family and the joy they add to our lives...it would be hard to express how much I love them all, but it was good to put our little house in order and stretch out on our couches last night and enjoy our little programs IN THE QUIET nonetheless, lol.

I have begun work on my nativity advent calendar so I will quickly show you how that is going and then I intend to get busy on this day.  I have added in making trick or treat bags for the New Mexico grands as I saw some really cute ones and wanted to give them a whirl so my list just keeps getting bigger.  Hope you all have a good week and keep cool wherever you are.  We are supposed to start getting a break today.  But still in the upper ninety's.  Blessings to you all!  Debbie

I WENT WITH LIGHT CREAM COLORED ENVELOPES SO THAT THE DESIGNS WOULD SHOW WELL, AND KATHY THAT THREAD YOU SENT ME AGES AGO IS BEING PUT TO USE IN THE RICK RACK STITCH..I LOVE IT!  THANK YOU!  HAVEN'T DECIDED FOR SURE YET ON WHAT COLOR FOR THE NUMBERS, BOWS, OR BACKGROUND.  I AM THINKING ROYAL BLUE

CLOSE UP OF THE 3 WISE MEN....NOT SUPER CLEAR PICS BUT YOU GET THE IDEA.  LOTS OF COLOR CHANGES IN THESE DESIGNS, BUT I AM LOVING THEM

THE SHEEP WAS SOO SWEET

AND THIS HAPPENED LAST THURSDAY.....SAM DID VERY WELL, AND WAS SUPER EXCITED.  MAMA AND LEFT BEHIND LUKE HAD A MUCH HARDER TIME, LOL

AND MISS CLAIRE IS 4 MONTHS OLD TODAY AND IS GOING IN FOR HER CHECK UP AND SHOTS LATER....POOR BABY....IF I GET A CHANCE I WILL COME BACK AND UPDATE AS TO WHAT SHE WEIGHS ETC.  MELODY SAID SHE IS FALLING RIGHT ON SCHEDULE FOR ALL OF HER OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS.  CAN'T BELIEVE SHE IS ALREADY 4 MONTHS OLD.  GRANDMA WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE TO PICK HER UP TODAY AND KISS THOSE SWEET LITTLE CHEEKS.  GLAD I GOT THIS PIC ANYWAY!



5 comments:

  1. I know it is exhausting, but so much fun to have the grandkids there. I can't tell you how much I miss that. Our youngest will soon be nine and she has never been here by herself. Her summers are so busy that they just can't seem to find time for a few days with us. Then school and sports start all over again. All the others are either 17 miles away or in college. So that's the way it goes. All that to say, enjoy your time with those little ones when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haad to chuckle about how it was also good to have the house quiet and orderly again! Been there many times, and we love every single minute of the mess and noise of our little ones, and then... that quiet is also good. I fuss and prepare, just like you do, when they come, and it's so much fun! Your nativity is a work of art Debbie... honestly!!! You are one special grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy, busy weekend! The grands must have had a blast and, of course, they enjoyed those yummy treats. That doesn't happen often so no worries. I can't believe that Sam is already off to pre-school. He looks perfectly happy, too! Luke will miss him terribly. Saying a prayer for Baby Claire with those shots. Sigh. There's no avoiding the rough patches sometimes.

    Love what you've been doing with the Advent calendars. You keep busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those Advent calendars! It sounds like you had a very busy, but a very precious weekend with your grands. I usually have all 4 grands when we have them ... it's exhausting but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're kidding, right? Four months old?!!

    I know the feeling of total enjoyment of having the grandchildren for an overnight visit mixed with the {{whew}} feeling when the weekend is over! :D

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!