I decided I wanted to jump on the Hodgepodge today so here goes. I intended to do this yesterday so I could be on first thing this morning, but didn't quite make it. But better late then never right? Click on the pic to join the others
1. Share one thing that really makes your day. Well that's easy it would be to get a Facetime call from any of my grands. Such a WONDERFUL thing isn't it? The other day my daughter's oldest son Sam and fallen and hurt himself and my daughter was having a hard time getting him to settle down so she told him how about if we call grandma on facetime? That did it....the tears stopped and when I picked up my ringing phone and saw his sweet little face eagerly looking into the phone I melted. Gets me every time...
2. Lots of these kinds of lists out there, but one found here says the fifteen most colorful places on earth are:
Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy~Burano, Italy~Havana, Cuba~Rio de Janiero, Brazil~Chefchaouen, Morocco~Balat, Istanbul, Turkey~Menton, France~Jodhpur, India~La Baca, Buenos Aires, Argentina~Guanajuato, Mexico~Capetown, South Africa~Valparaiso, Chile~Wroclaw, Poland~San Francisco, California~and Pelourhino, Salvador, Brazil.
Of those listed which would you most like to see up close and in person? Of all the places you've seen or traveled in your own life, what would you say was one of the most colorful? I guess I am just not much of a traveler....and I haven't time right now to click on all of these what I am sure are BEAUTIFUL places to visit and see but I do know IF I were ever to actually travel anywhere far I would like to see Italy and I am not even sure why. It just seems as if it would be a colorful, romantic, peaceful place to go with tuns of yummy food I might add. As far as where I have been, [which hasn't been many I will admit] I think it would be on a softball trip for Melody years ago we went to Colorado and we traveled through some of the most gorgeous green green fields and mountains and countryside I had ever seen that's for sure. It was just gorgeous!
3."Everything you want is on the other side of fear." Jack Canfield In general, would you agree or disagree with that statement? Why? I think that this is VERY true MOST of the time. Don't think I'd say EVERY thing though.
4. Imagine you're stranded on a desert island and dessert appears...what do you hope it is? Do you ever struggle to remember which spelling is desert and which is dessert? Hmmm I think if I could eat ANY dessert right now it would be.....a huge piece of carrot cake with THICK cream cheese frosting, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and as long as I am dreaming I'd have that with a hot cup of coffee with REAL cream please. And no I have never had trouble as I simply told myself dessert is what I prefer because it's twice as good.
5. What song almost always makes you cry? Lets see....there are many. Worship music just has that affect on me, but then so does several patriotic songs. I think I will go with How Great Thou Art. Especially when it is sung by Carrie Underwood. Gets me every time!
6. January is National Soup Month. Everything from soup to nuts, in the soup,thick as pea soup, souped up...which saying most recently applies to your life in some way? Explain. Goodness, I guess it would be...souped up. I am just sooo excited about my sister's family new walk with the Lord and what God is doing there..
7. Write a two word note to your younger self. What does it say? TRUST GOD
8. Insert your own random thought here. Bible study went SOO well last night and I wasn't the least bit sleepy or tired even once, lol. Though guess that could have been do to the little "cat nap" I grabbed myself yesterday afternoon, lol. My niece is just soo excited about it all and it makes me remember those early days for myself when becoming Christian when your just on fire and just can't get enough. She has already witnessed to a couple of her girl friends, and has gotten her cousin and uncle to go to church with them. Who knows what all or should I say WHO all the Lord has in mind for her to get to. Just warms my heart and makes smile BIG!