Wednesday, March 2, 2016

HODGEPODGE WEDNESDAY

It is time for the Hodgepodge....click on the picture to enjoy others participating.



1.  February ended with an extra 24 hours in 2016.  What did you do with your bonus day?  Well lets see....I spent the morning sewing [shocker I know, lol] and then I went out to Newport and got my hair done.  My regular readers might remember that a few months ago I cut off my hair and went quite dark brown.  Every since then I have tried to work into it and did what I could to decide I like it.  No use...I just really didn't.  So I have been in the process every since of first trying to grow it back out some, and second to settle on a color that was not one extreme or the other.  Dark brunette, or platinum blonde.  I think I am coming close.  I am definitely no longer dark brown, but I am no where near the platinum either.  Somewhere in between.  And as anyone who has ever grown out hair knows, it is never really an easy process.  All I can say here is I am getting there.  Closer to where I want it to be.  Maybe another couple of months.

2.  What's something that has grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years?  I am giving you lots of room to come up with something here, so no fair passing on this one.  HMMM...I think a few things have grown HUGELY in the last few years...one would be the amount of time I spend sewing.  Unfortunately another might be my size.  Not as active as I always had been and it's taken a definite toll.  And on a positive note, my prayer and devotional time is MUCH larger then it use to be.

3.  Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you'll see it?   Yes I usually do IF it is a movie I haven't heard of or seen a trailer for, and honestly I am usually just curious to see what the critics have got to say.  I will say IF it's a movie I really want to see though, I don't care what the critics have said.  Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program?  Yes, we watched the program but we had taped it so we could fast forward through commercials and long acceptance speeches and things we were not interested in. [which is quite a bit, lol].   I feel like the show is always TOO long and I don't care for the personal agendas of many to get their opinions on things out there.  Thus the way we watch it....lots of fast fowarding, lol  How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast?  [Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max,  Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn]  We had seen them all with the exception of Mad Max, Fury Road  and Room.  If you watched the Oscars who gets your award for "best dressed?"  Well for me it was  Alicia Vikander.  I just LOVED her dress.





4.  When did you last have overnight house guests?  Melody and her family spent six days here in December.  Give us your top three tips on being a good house guest. Truthfully I am not a house guest almost anywhere besides my own daughters house so this might be hard to say as I enjoy being there as much as she enjoys having us.  I think the things I do TRY to do is not add to her work load by complaining about anything...my bed, the food, the lack of privacy in my bathroom accommodations lol etc.  I concentrate on what I am there for....spending times with my grand babies and conversations with my daughter and her husband.

5.  MARCH 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day.  Will you be celebrating?  I doubt it, lol.  If so, would prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I  just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?  Well truthfully I LOVE peanut butter and ALL of these ways have and could entice me.  I avoid it as much as I can now as it has too much sugar in it to indulge, and I do tend to over do it [kind of like I do many things!].  But! IF I were going to indulge it would be on a hot piece of toast....yum.

6.  Why is failure important?  Or isn't it?  Most of the time I would say failure IS important because honestly I feel it is how we learn.  Plus it provides for a dependence on God which I believe He desires, plus puts us in the best possible place.

7.  Share one fun thing on your March Calendar?  My oldest grandson will turn 21....HOW is that possible?

8.  Insert your own random thought here....Honestly not a lot rambling around in my head right now with the exception of getting this done in a hurry as I am behind already, lol.  I do LOVE participating in this so I didn't want to miss it either.   lol

Hope you all are having a GOOD week and are enjoying even close to the beautiful weather us Californians have been this last week!






8 comments:

  1. Good morning, Debbie! I agree...that yellow dress was pretty spectacular. Love the bottom of it! I'm with you on fast-forwarding through all the boring parts...such a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing over the hair, I totally get it!! Oh things that have grown bigger...well I am there also, except for the sewing, I too, have increased in size, but also rejoice over my time with the Lord. Have a great weekend, and happy birthday to your grandson. My first grandson will be 5 this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do like Alicia Vikander's dress! Peanut butter on toast-yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm breaking in a new stylist since moving to a new city, and she hasn't quite got my highlights the shade I like them. Hubs keeps asking if I'm going red and that is not my intention. I like sun-kissed, but she wanted it warmer for winter. Its a process : ) I loved Alicia's dress too...there were lots I loved this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers Debbie and hair is always an issue I do believe, for a woman anyway. :o)) Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you letting your natural color grow out Debbie? If so, I know how hard it is, but I am so glad I did!
    I thought for sure you would have answered the question about what has grown, would have been your family!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? You didn't like your hair? I get so mixed up. I never like my hair so it should come as no surprise. A 21 year old grandson is pretty special. Bet those years just flew by. You spent your extra day sewing...shocked, I am. =D

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!