Can it possibly be Wednesday again and time for another HODGEPODGE. I am on a roll....two weeks in a row. Join us by clicking on the picture below.
1. Pokemon Go....your thoughts? Are you playing? Do you even know what it is? Well until yesterday I had definitely heard of Pokemon, but not of Pokemon Go, lol. But I spent the day with my nine year old and twelve year old grandsons, and they told me all about it. I am not playing needless to say, and even after their animated description, I am not sure I could still tell you what it's all about, lol. Definitely not my kind of thing.
2. What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If your a parent, what's something your own child collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a collectible? Honestly I did not collect much of anything as a child. My kids did not collect much of anything either, though my middle son did collect baseball cards for a while. I did collect a few things when I was MUCH younger. I have a small collection of Precious Moments figurines, Gone with the Wind paraphernalia, and I have a few Thomas Kincade paintings [5 altogether]. As you can see, it is not something I have given much time to in my life, lol.
3. "Collect moments not things" Tell us about a moment you have added to your collection this summer. Honestly I think it was just yesterday. I had my 9 year old grandson JD over for a couple of days to just hang out and spend some one on one time with us, and he and I got involved in a marathon double home base game of Sorry together. We played a tournament which I won [despite my BEST efforts to let him win!] He was sooo fun on the whole experience, and I enjoyed every moment of it. I hope he remembers always the summer he played those games with his grandma.
|WE HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME|
4. What's something collecting dust in your home right now...any plans to do something about it? hmm, maybe I will go with my piano. Though strangely enough I am giving lessons to one of my nieces this summer. But as a general rule it sits here in our living looking pretty, but serving very little purpose. And yes, we have kicked around the idea of having Melody [who desperately wants it] ship it to her house.
|OUR FIRST LESSON|
5. A favorite song relating to time...Oh this is an easy one...it would be Turn Turn Turn by the Byrds which is actually taken from a passage in the Bible...Ecclesiastes 3;1-8
6. What's one of your most frightening or your most interesting moments in wild life? Well, as embarrassing as this is it would have to be on a recent trip to my daughter Melody's house [she lives on a dairy farm in the country of New Mexico/Texas border] I was sitting on the toilet in the middle of the night, when a mouse ran under the bathroom door. I didn't want to scream [though not sure HOW I refrained??!] as the baby was asleep in the room right next to me. It ran out of the bathroom as quickly as it ran in [as if realizing...oh, it's occupied] and I quickly got out of there and back into my bed. They did catch it the next day...guess this is just part of a life on a farm in the country...but I haven't forgotten it, and think of that moment every time I sit down in that bathroom now, lol.
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon, would you or would you not go? Why or why not? Soooo easy...there is NO WAY I would do such a thing. I don't fly in regular airplanes, let alone rockets. I get claustrophobia just thinking about it, lol. And if I had to have something on my head for air, well there is just NO WAY.
8. Insert your own random thought....Just thinking about how grateful I am for the little moments in life sometimes. Like I mentioned earlier, my grandson spent a couple of days with us this week. We try to get as many of our grandkids as we can in the summertime, to come and "hang out" on a one on one basis. Just not much like it as good in my opinion. Anyway, yesterday as per JD's request, we picked up his cousins, two of my other grandsons, Jeff and Cody, and I took them to lunch and to see the movie, The Secret Life of Pets. We sat at lunch for well over an hour and chatted and ate and just generally enjoyed ourselves. I love listening and watching how they interact with each other. Those are the kinds of times I just honestly can't get enough of. Hope they look back on them someday as cherished times as well. We are picking up 7 year old Donatella on Friday and she and I have tickets to see the play Mary Poppins on Sat. I am really looking forward to that. Hope you are all having a blessed and wonderful summer! Oh, and BTW, JD LOVED his Kirby robot, though he did mention in his child like innocence, "he looks a little funny grandma, but it's OK, I really like him anyway," LOL
|JD, JEFFIE AND CODY|