Well it's time for the Hodgepodge again...You can join the others by clicking on the pic below...ENJOY!
1. The first day of summer rolls in later this week. What are ten things you'd put on your list of quintessential summer activities? Will you try to manage all ten this summer? Well let's see....BBQ's. swimming, fireworks, corn on the cob, watermelon, home made ice cream, the beach, sunsets, porch visits after dark, fishing, and lots of cold dinners....I would imagine I will get around to everyone of these with the exception of maybe fishing. Do you notice how many of mine involve food? Better give that some more thought later.
2. Do you collect seashells when you're at the beach? What do you do with them once you get them home? What's your favorite place to comb for seashells? How many of these best beaches for hunting seashells have you visited? Which one would you most like to visit? No, I have never really been a seashell collector or hunter. Not that I don't love a pretty or unusual seashell because I most certainly do, but whenever I found myself at the beach either growing up, with my kids after I was married, or these days, my interest has always been in the water. I was either in it riding on the waves, or sitting on the shore with my toes in the water, or watching the waves and day dreaming.
3. At a snails pace, shell out money, come out of your shell, go back into your shell, drop a bombshell, happy as a clam, clam up....which shell phrase could most recently be applied to some event or circumstance in your life? Explain. Hmm well I guess I will go with at a snails pace. Because that's certainly what it felt like as hubs went about cleaning, and re-doing in essence our tile grout. Painstakingly slow was definitely the pace. But now for sure we both are happy as a clam since he finished last Saturday and we are enjoying the fruits of his labors, lol.
4. What summer activity do yo? u dislike? Why? I think I have been giving this too much thought as what I dislike the MOST about summer really isn't an activity....it's just a fact here in So. California. It;s the heat! I REALLY don't like temps much over 90 degrees anymore. Used to be I'd head to the beach and the water but anymore that's not something I do. But there are sooo many of them (hot days) and I am in constant search of air conditioning. And! I strongly dislike the crowds that California seems to accumulate in the summertime. Not that it isn't ALWAYS crowded here, but summertime we reach new heights!
5. What's something you see as quickly becoming obsolete? Does this bother you? I don't think it will be long at all and NO ONE will have a land line phone at home. We eliminated ours about a year ago and I wonder now why we drug our feet so no it doesn't bother me at all. It DOES bother me that everyone these days of course is pretty much constantly on their phone in some way or another. You see it everywhere. People looking down at their phones totally consumed. And yes, I too have been guilty of this. I hope it doesn't get any worse then it already is!
6. Insert your own random thought here....In my previous post I explained why I didn't post on Monday and how our electricity was off all day etc....well, of course that meant that all of the clocks and devices in our house had to be reset. We have an old fashioned (I am thinking most people use their phones for this!) alarm clock on the nightstand by our bed. Yesterday morning it was not reset (we each blame the other for not doing it) and yet all was well as I pretty much always wake up in the same vicinity of time. Well.....hubby re-set it yesterday morning then. Now this morning, the alarm went off (and yes it did seem early and actually woke me which it usually doesn't as like I said I am automatically awake anyway) and so hubby got up and got right into the shower as he always does. and I made the bed and wondered out to the kitchen for a cup a tea before my shower. It seemed dark and I thought to myself it must be overcast and that's what's adding to the heat already...it's humid. Well, then I sat down with my tea, picked up my phone, and realized we were an entire HOUR before our time! YES! hubby set the clock an hour early. And set the alarm last night without realizing it was off! So I thought to myself, go back to bed and try to get back to sleep? Never going to happen and besides I've already made the bed....And then I remembered...you never did the Hodgepodge....do it now. Soo here I am, lol. I have a feeling I am going to be sleepy later. Hope you are all enjoying your beginnings of summer! Blessings to you all, Debbie