Wednesday, September 13, 2017

HODGEPODGE WEDNESDAY



It's been a while but I am excited to jump back on the hodgepodge this week.  I've definitely missed this...to join the others click on the pic below.





1.  Is a picture worth a thousand words...elaborate.  My answer to this would be most definitely.  Be it a photo of a people or a place or nature if taken right and captured well can tell a whole story.  I've many that I feel do this, but this is one of my favorites...

THIS WAS NOT THE ONE I WAS LOOKING FOR...BUT IT IS A CLOSE SECOND.  THE JOY OF BEING MAN AND WIFE IS WRITTEN ALL OVER THEIR FACES.  THE HOPE FOR THEIR FUTURE.  THEIR LOVE.  IT WAS CAPTURED PERFECTLY

2.  Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway?  If so what was your favorite stop? If not is this sort of trip on your bucket list?  Well, living in So. California pretty much my whole life I have made more trips up and down PCH more times then I could ever count up.  I've been as far South as Encinitas and as far North as San Francisco.  It truly is a breath taking drive in many, many parts, and I TRY not to take it for granted.  As I sit here thinking it is kind of hard to pick out what my favorite stop might be.  I think I will go with Pismo Beach.  We have been there several times and the beaches, the shopping, the restaurants and the town just hold a certain charm for me.  But honestly I can say the very same for Carmel.

PISMO BEACH

3.  How do the changing seasons affect you?  As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward?  Which season transition bothers you most?  Why do you suppose that is?  Even though again living in So. California there is not much of a season change, there are some, and I am definitely affected by them.  I have always been someone who is slow to change and I tend to want to hang on to what I am comfortable with.  So I guess I mainly look backward as seasons change.  The transition that bothers me most is from Fall to winter and it is of course for obvious reasons. If the weather here is going to be gloomy, this is the season for that.  It gets dark sooo early and it feels as though your day is way too short.  Always LOTS of flu's and colds going around and I don't like that of course either.  But then again winter brings Christmas which I love, Valentine's Day, our anniversary, and hopefully the occasional rain storm.  Once I settle into each new season, I eventually look forward to all it offers.

4.  It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu.  What are we having?  Do you ever lie about your age?  Hmmm considering mine is coming up the end of this month I should probably be giving this some thought.  I would probably go for a place called Cedar Creek by us that has some of the best Maui Maui I have ever had.  And then a baked potato, and some fresh asparagus sounds really good!  And for dessert?  Well, since it is my birthday I would probably be happy with a gluten free pizooki from BJ's....And nope, I will be 63 this year and I am proud of every year the Lord has blessed me with!  lol

5.  What's a life lesson you've learned recently?  Hmm...I can't think of anything profound at the moment.  NOT that I haven't learned many valuable life lessons over the course of my life of course, but something recent is eluding me.  The only thing sticking in my mind right now is to NOT over load us with too much home improvement projects in a row again.  Getting way to "seasoned" for that.

6.  Insert your own random thought here....Wow I am way out of practice here.  Not a lot of "random" floating around in this head today and that it unusual for me.  lol  Hubby is in Chicago for business this week so my 16 year old grand daughter Lindsey is joining me for a couple of days to keep me company.  I am looking forward to hearing her stories and catching up a bit with her.  Life goes soo fast.  It seems like just yesterday she was just a little girl begging to come over and stay the night. Now she drives herself over and back and is soo busy it's hard to fit grandma into her schedule.  If I could figure out a way to slow life down without stopping it's progression wouldn't that be wonderful?  Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week!






7 comments:

  1. How nice to have Lindsay staying with you for a few days! Glad that you are back to your regular Wednesday scene. I always enjoy reading your responses to the Hodge Podge questions. Yes, I agree with you about the wedding photo. It would take far more than a thousand words to adequately describe. (I don't know what maui maui is, but I am guessing fish. I'm going to find out.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fabulous picture!!

    California girl, you have a different sort of answer to questions 2 and 3 than the Hodgepodges that I have read so far! I am sure that many people would love to be in your place: driving Pacific highway countless times . . . enjoying warm-ish weather year round.

    Enjoy your time with Lindsay! I am sure that will be a treat for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would the pic be of your daughter or son and spouse? Beautiful. "Once I settle into each new season, I eventually look forward to all it offers." Me too. It's nice to see you back again. A pizooki?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my daughter and her then new husband. They've been married nine years now. And a pizooki is a chocolate chip cookie in a little pan with ice cream. Soo good. But special occasions onlybtrust me. Lol

      Delete
  4. I agree, your daughter, Mel ,and her dh have that forever in their faces, and now they have three precious children! if bechance I ever get to CA., I will take you up on that invitation! I would so love to meet with you!
    As always I so enjoyed this, your granddaughter is so sweet to keep you company, there is such a bond between grandparents and grandchildren! You are so blessed to have many living nearby, and the visits with Mels family is always special! Thank you for sharing,
    I love blogging and am trying so hard to get back to regular blogging! I know instgram is so much easier, but I feel so connected to my blogging friends, so glad to see you blogging.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that picture doesn't need words. So precious! It is good to have you back on the Hodgepodge. I've missed you. Enjoy that granddaughter, time gets away all too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photograph is stunning! I'd love to see Carmel, it's on my list but we can't do it all in one trip and I need to end up in WA so I can sneak in a couple of days with my grandson. We're starting in San Fran and driving up, most of the trip will be Oregon but I've never been so am looking forward to that. Some day when we drive the southern route we can meet up : )

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!