It's been a while but I am excited to jump back on the hodgepodge this week. I've definitely missed this...to join the others click on the pic below.
1. Is a picture worth a thousand words...elaborate. My answer to this would be most definitely. Be it a photo of a people or a place or nature if taken right and captured well can tell a whole story. I've many that I feel do this, but this is one of my favorites...
|THIS WAS NOT THE ONE I WAS LOOKING FOR...BUT IT IS A CLOSE SECOND. THE JOY OF BEING MAN AND WIFE IS WRITTEN ALL OVER THEIR FACES. THE HOPE FOR THEIR FUTURE. THEIR LOVE. IT WAS CAPTURED PERFECTLY|
3. How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? Which season transition bothers you most? Why do you suppose that is? Even though again living in So. California there is not much of a season change, there are some, and I am definitely affected by them. I have always been someone who is slow to change and I tend to want to hang on to what I am comfortable with. So I guess I mainly look backward as seasons change. The transition that bothers me most is from Fall to winter and it is of course for obvious reasons. If the weather here is going to be gloomy, this is the season for that. It gets dark sooo early and it feels as though your day is way too short. Always LOTS of flu's and colds going around and I don't like that of course either. But then again winter brings Christmas which I love, Valentine's Day, our anniversary, and hopefully the occasional rain storm. Once I settle into each new season, I eventually look forward to all it offers.
4. It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having? Do you ever lie about your age? Hmmm considering mine is coming up the end of this month I should probably be giving this some thought. I would probably go for a place called Cedar Creek by us that has some of the best Maui Maui I have ever had. And then a baked potato, and some fresh asparagus sounds really good! And for dessert? Well, since it is my birthday I would probably be happy with a gluten free pizooki from BJ's....And nope, I will be 63 this year and I am proud of every year the Lord has blessed me with! lol
5. What's a life lesson you've learned recently? Hmm...I can't think of anything profound at the moment. NOT that I haven't learned many valuable life lessons over the course of my life of course, but something recent is eluding me. The only thing sticking in my mind right now is to NOT over load us with too much home improvement projects in a row again. Getting way to "seasoned" for that.
6. Insert your own random thought here....Wow I am way out of practice here. Not a lot of "random" floating around in this head today and that it unusual for me. lol Hubby is in Chicago for business this week so my 16 year old grand daughter Lindsey is joining me for a couple of days to keep me company. I am looking forward to hearing her stories and catching up a bit with her. Life goes soo fast. It seems like just yesterday she was just a little girl begging to come over and stay the night. Now she drives herself over and back and is soo busy it's hard to fit grandma into her schedule. If I could figure out a way to slow life down without stopping it's progression wouldn't that be wonderful? Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week!