I am way behind on the Hodgepodge, but I am going to try to do this quickly and jump on anyway. I always enjoy it so. Join the others by clicking on the pic below...
1. Have you ever spent time on a farm? Tell us a little bit about it. Have you ever grown your own pumpkin? Been on a hayride? Driven a tractor? Milked a cow? Well, as most of my regular readers know my daughter Melody married herself a dairy farmer/farmer and moved 1000 miles away a little over nine years ago now. Before then farming was a completely foreign way of life for me. For my daughter too by the way. She was a city girl through and through. But through the years I have learned soo much about this way of life and I have honestly just loved every minute of it, and few would suspect that my daughter had not been raised this way, lol. They live ON the dairy (though that is in process of changing as they are building a home on one of their farms) and that is their main way of farming. So yes on one of our visits I did participate some in milking, lol. I've also seen many calves being born, feed the calves bottles, worked her chickens, and watched this HUGE business in process. Soo interesting. But they also own a couple of farms which are used primarily to raise the crops needed to feed their cows. Corn, alpha, hay, and even some cotton. I have witnessed both planting season and harvest. I have ridden IN a tractor, but never actually been the driver, lol. Their tractors are air conditioned and very complex and trust me would have frightened me to even touch, lol. It is a much slower, wide open spaced way of life, and I am very thrilled my daughter is able to raise her kids in such an environment. Oh, and I have never successfully grown any produce, lol. Melody as a little girl was interested and her and her daddy grew some yummy tomatoes and zucchini, but that was it. Maybe it was just to be her destiny, lol. I have a bajillion pictures of their farm life so it was hard to chose just a few, lol
|MANY WALKS DOWN THE COW LANES|
|WATCHING THE DUST CROPPER PLANES|
|THE SMALLER OF THE TWO BOYS WAS A COUSIN WHO WAS THERE FOR A TRIP...NOTICE LUKE IS WEARING BOOTS WITH HIS SHORTS...PRETTY COMMON FOR FARM BOYS, LOL|
|VISITING THE CALVES|
|FROG CATCHING AT NIGHT PRETTY COMMON SUMMER EXPERIENCE|
|CHECKING OUT "HIS" COWS!|
|RIDING IN THE FEED TRUCK|
|CHECKING THE SPRINKLERS IN THE CORN FIELDS|
|MY DAUGHTER AND HER FAMILY....AND NO MY DAUGHTER IS NOT USUALLY DRESSED LIKE THIS! LOL|
2. What's something younger you would like about you now? Oh soo easy. No arthritis! And way more energy. I was VERY active when I was younger, and I definitely miss the ability to be so. Guess I could throw in wrinkles too, lol I have read a few of the others answers to this now and see that I have misunderstood the question, lol. Soo typical for me. But answering what was actually being asked it would be.....that I made such a wise decision about who I would marry. After 43 years still one of my best choices. And that I made a decision for Jesus when I was just 18 and have lived my life dependent on Him. That I developed such GOOD relationships with everyone of my kids that are still soo strong today, and they are all now married and my life is all about them and my wonderful grandkids.
3. What are three things you'd like to more often? Three things you'd like to do less often? Let's see...MORE often would be spend time with all of my grandkids, but mainly the New Mexico ones since they live so far away. And lunch and spend time with my sisters. My 3 sisters all have very little time for this. Bake! I LOVE to bake but I avoid it now as I can't seem to keep my own head out of the results, lol. And LESS often.....that would be doctor and dentist visits (though thankfully I don't really do that a lot) coloring my hair, "threading my eyebrows and face, (and most things that require my maintenance) and guess that's about it for now.
4. What's on your nachos? I LOVE loaded nachos. (or just with cheese as well, lol) So that would be a little of everything. Beans, chicken, cheese, and chilies and spices...yum. Don't do this very often as my tummy definitely doesn't take well to this anymore.
5. What's the most random thing in your purse or wallet? Does it need to stay there? Right now the most random thing in there is a little baggie with scissors, thread, needles, and a tape measure. I had them along last week-end to use for repairs and alterings for clothes for the wedding. And NO it definitely doesn't need to stay there.
6. Insert your own random thought here...the only thing that is floating around in my head this morning is how I need to get cracking on my Christmas sewing. I can't believe we are in Oct. and I haven't not only started, but haven't even really decided WHAT I am going to do this year. Finally rested up from our week-end (see previous post!) . Hope you are all having a good week! Blessings to you all! Debbie