I decided to jump on the Hodgepodge this week even though I haven't participated in a while. Hope ya all haven't forgotten me. Anyway, you can join the others here
1. Speaking of endings....at your wit's end, at loose ends, a dead end, burn the candle at both ends, all's well that end's well, or no end in sight....which "end" might be best applied to your life lately? Explain..... Well, let's see, I honestly don't know if any of them really apply. But I think I will go with....no end in sight. lol. Which I generally take in a negative way but I am not applying it here today. I was thinking last night as I was falling to sleep....there just never seems to be an end to the things I want to sew. I am not sure why it has such a grip on me, lol. It's become beyond somewhat of a hobby or a way to fill my days, and has gone into somewhat of a passion or even maybe an obsession. I am just always putting things together in my head. Dream of new things I can attempt or do, etc. Wouldn't even consider buying something for a gift at a store if it is something I could potentially make. And don't even get me started on all the fun Fabric shops I've found online. Soooo many choices and soo little time. At this point, there truly is just no end in sight.
2. What was a must have accessory when you were growing up? Did you own one? If so tell us what you remember about it. Hmmm this might take some real thinking. Off the top of my head I guess the thing that comes to my head is a transistor radio. I am not sure that would even fall into the "accessory" category. Other than once I had one, I ALWAYS had it with me. It was the summer I was 12 and had discovered the wonder of music and the power it had to transport me most places I wanted to be in my mind, that I received my first one. I took it EVERYWHERE. First thing I turned on in the morning, and the last thing I turned off at night. It played while I was in the shower, doing the dishes, laying at the beach, talking on the phone, even riding my bike. And of course doing homework. Mine had a lovely tan cover and an antenna (which most didn't as I recall!) making it able to receive many channel choices. I was really somewhat obsessed with it. Are you noticing a pattern with me? (wink)
3. Something that made you smile yesterday? Honestly there were SEVERAL things that made me smile, but I will narrow it to two. First up is I am in the process of helping my niece put together some things for her nursery for her newly adopted baby boy. She has a "somewhat" theme of llamas going, so I decided to try and make her a tiny stuffed llama using my embroidery machine and an "in the hoop" design. Let me just say this. It stitched out in about 15 minutes. No biggie. But then turning it inside out and stuffing it and closing it up took me well over an hour! lol. I was never so glad in my life to finish something. But when I finally saw the finished product, a big smile was on face for sure, because every agonizing second was worth it. It is just adorable! Such a cute pattern and design. Let me show you
|HES STANDING HERE AGAINST A LITTLE FABRIC BASKET I MADE TO HOLD SOME OF THE OTHER LITTLE TOYS I INTEND TO MAKE AS WELL. HOPE THE OTHERS DON'T TURN OUT BEING THE PAIN THIS ONE WAS, LOL|
4. January 30th is National Croissant Day. Do you like croissants? Sweet or savory? We're having chicken salad for lunch....would you rather have yours served on a croissant, a wrap, a bagel, or a roll of some sort? Well, first off I LOVE croissants even though I haven't had one in a few years. And I definitely prefer savory. And IF I could still eat them, I'd definitely chose that for my chicken salad lunch. It was always one of my favorite lunches, if not my VERY favorite lunch. But croissants left my diet when I was forced to go gluten free, and while I am sure there must be gluten free ones somewhere that are good, I've never been able to bring myself to even try. Do I miss croissants? Most definitely!
5. Sum up your January in fifteen words or less. January was both busy and lazy if that is even possible. I have had many projects going, got a lot done, BUT it was all done at a very slow and unhurried pace.... Did I make it? nope! lol And you wouldn't believe how much I cut. lol
6. Insert your own random thought. I could go soooo many places with this one as I have MANY random thoughts as always. It's hard to just pick one. But I think I will go with I am going to start up again with a late afternoon bible study for some teenaged girls, (including my 17 year old grand daughter) one afternoon a week after school. I am soo looking forward to this. I would covet your prayers that this will be blessed and the girls will learn and grow. And me too! Oh! but just have to mention as well that today is our 43 wedding anniversary! How is that even possible? I have truly been soo blessed in the husband department that I could almost feel guilty. As we have aged and grown up together I think I could honestly say that living and loving with your best friend is a big part of it. I thank God every day for him.
Hope you are all off to a good start with this new year. I am looking forward to visiting around and reading all of your answers. Have a good rest of your week! Blessings, Debbie