I decided to join up with Hodgepodge Wednesday even though I really don't have to the time to do so, haha....I have the font soo messed up on this post I should really just throw in the towel, but I refuse so it is what it is...I really don't know how I DO these things, or WHY I can't fix them, but again...it is what it is. I enjoyed this.
1. How do you typically react in a sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis? Would we want you nearby in an emergency? I think I go into a mode of a "do what you have to do think later" feel and handle things pretty well. As a general rule, yes I think people would like to have me nearby. HOWEVER, I do remember one emergency involving my precious dil Larissa where a karate demonstration went wrong and she was hit in the face with a weapon. I just sort of flipped out and became somewhat hysterical. Soo not me in many ways, but I was soo sure she was REALLY hurt. She was OK, as it turned out, (though she was carried off in an ambulance) but it took a while to recover...
2. Caramel apple-caramel sundae-caramel corn-caramel macchiato...of the four, which caramel treat would you choose? Oh, it would definitely be caramel corn!! Love it, though I honestly can't remember the last time I had some... ; )3. Is there such a thing as destiny? Explain.
WOW....I may have given this one to much thought...I guess I don't know what I really think about destiny. I understand it to be something that is just MEANT to happen somehow. Where you don't have much of a choice or a decision in the process. I believe that God has a plan for each and every one of us. And yet we have our free wills to chose what we want. We can change the course of our lives by making choices and decisions to live them in a certain way.
4. What's your favorite piece of furniture? I'm referring to something currently in your possession as opposed to something on your wish list. I actually have several favorite pieces of furniture....could it be my soft leather coach where I curl up every night to watch some TV with my hubby? Or is my recliner where I sit EVERY day as I read, blog, talk on the phone, and spend time with the Lord? Maybe it is my soft comfy bed? Or the beautiful bedroom furniture that reminds me of Mel every time I walk into the room? (it was her's originally) It might be my new buffet.....But I guess I will settle on my dining room table. I just LOVE it for some reason. Soo pretty. And has been the gathering spot for my family for MANY family dinner and holidays and occasions.
|LOVE THE COLORING AND DETAIL ON THIS TABLE|
|CLOSE UP OF SOME OF THE PRETTY CARVINGS|
|ALL SET FOR THANKSGIVING DINNER 2010|
5. Wednesday night marks the start of the 2011 Baseball World Series. Did you know? Do you care? Will you be watching? Ever been to a professional baseball game? If you're not an American do you find the title 'World Series' annoying or amusing?
Didn't know, don't care, won't be watching, haha...Yes, I have been to MANY professional games and I ALWAYS love them. Can't say I find the title the list bit annoying, nor have I ever given it any thought one way or another... : )
6. A sound that takes me back to my childhood is____________.
I think it would be the sound of a few different TV shows music....You know, the theme from the Flintstones, Bewitched, Leave it to Beaver.....Or it might be my mother's voice. I hear it all the time. "Kids, it's time to eat." haha Or "Debbie, it's your turn for the dishes..." haha
7. On average, once you've linked your hodgepodge post to mine how many other participant blogs do you visit? Do you ever come back to the Hodgepodge later in the day or even the day after to read posts? I usually come back later in the day and read a few of them at least.
8. Insert your own random thought here....My head is soo full of random thoughts, it is hard to pull just one of them out, haha.... I guess this morning I am thinking that I miss baby Sam and would love to hold him and love on him some today. Mel said he is starting to smile at her....Time goes by soo fast. I am glad I am going over to my mom's this morning though and how grateful I am that they are both doing a little better. I am also thinking I love this time of year and can't wait until it is cool enough to turn the heat on. I am looking forward to another one of Annabel's volleyball games tomorrow. I am hungry for ANYTHING pumpkin....See? I said my head was all over the place....Hope you all have a wonderful day!
|Mel sent me this pic this morning. The "grins" are soo quick she has to be fast, haha, and his eyes shut before she could get it....but how darling is this???|
Just wanted to wish a happy anniversary to my youngest son James and his wife Larissa! Married 10 years ago today. Soo happy for them both. They are leaving in a week or so to celebrate in Italy!