1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night - did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be? No, I did not watch it, though I wouldn't have minded. As for what my talent would be? A VERY good question, haha.... I suppose IF I were going to be such a contestant, I would brush up my piano....I use to play a pretty good Moonlight Sonata. I loved many of Beethoven's pieces. However, since this is all just a random "what if" dream anyway, I guess I could always sing (like Carrie Underwood to keep the dream REALLY good) How Great Thou Art. Oh, and I guess if I am going to sing like her, I might as well LOOK like she does too... : ) This video (I know I have shared it before) ALWAYS brings me to tears....How I love this song. And she puts her whole heart into this. Perfect worship song. Give it a listen if you have the time. The end of it is truly spectacular..
2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake? Over the course of the years I have had MANY real houseplants. I love them. But I just DO NOT, and let me repeat that, DO NOT, have a green thumb. I just sort of end up killing everything. Right now I have two African violets in my bathroom that are still doing pretty good. I sooo love them. I also have MANY (too many to count, haha) fake flower arrangements, plants, trees and bushes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fresh flowers in my house too, and I look for excuses to buy them.
3. When you were in school did you speak up or were more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn't call on you type of student? This seams like a pretty simple question, but as I REALLY thought about it, I realized it really kind of depended and varied on the subject. If we were in any of sort of math class, (and this was true of elementary school right on through college) I hid and prayed I would NEVER be noticed or asked ANYTHING, haha. But when I was young I LOVED to read, or to be asked to read etc. so my hand was always waving wildly in the air. I also loved Religion class or Bible class and loved to get "my opinion" or thoughts out there. I loved anything having to do with writing and again I couldn't wait to share. I hid in History, (never could remember anything very long), Spanish, (oh soo bad here), and Economics and Government (I was a complete disaster in those), lol. So there you have it. I was a DEFINITE mix.
4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year.......what you order when someone suggests Chinese food?
Oh how I LOVE Chinese food....there are sooo many favorites, and truthfully I almost never have it anymore. BUT! If I could order a plate of it right now and didn't have to care if what I wanted was not healthy or low in calories, it would be....(goodness am I even going to know the name of what I like)....let's see....I love chow mein, sweet and sour pork, broccoli and beef, egg rolls, cashew chicken, I could go on but you get the drift...I LOVE it.
|YUMMMM....DOESN'T THIS LOOK DELICIOUS?|
5. What would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle? I think I consider anything that COULD NOT happen outside of the power of God a miracle. A phenomenon that defies the laws of nature. And by strict definition - whether you are a believer or not - an act of God. I think that a changed life is sometimes the biggest miracle we all might ever see. God can take a person who has been say for instance a drug addict and living the life that goes along with that, and change them into a completely different person through the power of His Holy Spirit. I have actually seen this happen more than once, and it is definitely a thing to behold. I have also heard stories of someone whose doctors had done all they can do, suddenly become well after prayer too. From the Bible's perspective, miracles are gracious and mighty works of God that display His unique power and dominion over all creation, including life and death. They are "gracious" because God in His mercy chooses to reveal Himself supernaturally in a way that displays His willingness to interact with mankind. OH! And then His very creation is a miracle if you ask me....the way the sun, the moon, and the stars light the sky. The waves crash into the shore. The mountains inspire many with their beauty. And don't even get me started on the way the human body works. : )
6. What's your favorite Disney song? If you're stuck, you'll find a list here...Oh there are a few I just love....but my favorite I think would be from Beauty and the Beast....Be Our Guest. We saw this play several years ago, and I will never forget the performance of this song. One of the best things I ever saw. I remember the entire audience gave it a standing ovation when it was over. Love it...
If you have the time take a listen to this....it ALWAYS brightens my mood..
7. I should have_______________yesterday. Goodness I hate to get started on that thought, as there are SEVERAL things I "should have" done yesterday. If I must name a few it would be.....I should have EATEN LESS yesterday...I should have SPOKEN KINDER to my mother yesterday. I should have DONE SOME GROCERY SHOPPING yesterday. I should have SHOWN MORE OF GOD'S LOVE yesterday. sigh....
8. Insert your own random thought here. The rest of my week should be a busy one as I am to spend the day at my mom's tomorrow. She has a few things she needs me to do for her. I am happy to help her and am looking forward to the day. On Thursday I hope to get all the fabric I need to make up a couple of nighties and receiving blankets for my sister Diane's daughter Michelle who is to have a baby boy in May. My sister had only 1 child...a girl. She has had 2 daughters. Sooo, this is to be the FIRST boy in that family. They are all very excited. And then my sister is coming over on Friday so that I can help her make a couple of nighties herself as she wants to crochet all the edges of her nighties and receiving blankets. Lots to get done before her "sprinkle" in March. Just so you know, I had no idea what a "sprinkle" was until my daughter was pregnant last year. : ) For those of you who don't know, it is just a little shower (or a sprinkle) for a woman who is having her second or third etc. baby, (especially if that baby is of another sex) lol. I think it is a wonderful idea. But then I just love an excuse to get together and celebrate almost anything.
Hope you are all having a good week!