Phil 4: 11- 13 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased, and how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
2. Do you like shrimp? What's your favorite way to have it prepared? Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE shrimp! I am not sure if there is any way this delicious food could be prepared that I wouldn't like it. I love coconut shrimp, grilled shrimp, shrimp cocktail, garlic shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp salad. I could sound like Forrest Gump's friend here really easily, haha. I guess my favorite would be barbecued shrimp. Did I mention I like shrimp?
3. Is your house de-Christmased? If so when did you tackle that job? If not, when will the decorations come down? Yes, it is all down and put away. Always a BIG chore, ALWAYS somewhat dreaded, and ALWAYS glad when it is done even though it makes me feel somewhat sad at the same time. We took ours down on the Friday before New Year's this year. We usually tackle that job New Years day for some weird reason, but this year New Years fell on Sunday and what with church and all didn't seem like a good idea. It took us ALL day. My hubby finished up taking down the outside lights yesterday afternoon, so we are all packed up and stored away for another year; ALWAYS a good feeling.
4. Do you like to watch scary movies? NO!! Though I guess maybe it depends. I don't mind suspense, but I STRONGLY dislike anything Satanic, bloody, or heart stopping. I guess maybe I just plain old don't like them.
5. ice skating~sledding~skiing~snowboarding~of the four listed which wintertime activity do you most enjoy? Well, this California girl doesn't really do ANY of those things. We did have a cabin in Big Bear Mountain when I was growing up though, and then I LOVED sledding; couldn't ever seem to get enough of that. Ice skating was fun, though I have only done it a handful of times. And now? Don't do any of it... : )
6. Did you have a childhood hideout? Describe it. I guess I had to think about this for a while and the answer is I didn't really have a hideout. Didn't even really have my own room most of my growing up years. I escaped occasionally in a good book. I could transport myself almost anywhere that way.
7. What's a place or space that motivates you? I am motivated I think primarily at church. It challenges me to DO something worthwhile for God and for others. I am also frequently motivated visiting many of you here in blogland. It just seems like soo many of you are on so much. Creating things and spending your time on such worthwhile endeavors.
8. Insert your own random thought here. 2012 is here and I am excited to see what the Lord has in store. I am praying that it finds me AGAIN busy and blessed. I want to do soo much more for Him this year.
I soo enjoy doing this hodgepodge posts. To view the other hodgepodgers, click HERE and enjoy!