Tuesday, June 5, 2012

GLAD IT'S OVER....


Well it is all over and I survived....Soo not fun, but I guess you have to do what you have to do right?  Actually, the anticipation was worse than it really was.  The drink you have to drink for the cleansing was NOT good, but then again I have had worse.  I just drank 10 oz. glass after 10 oz. glass REALLY fast trying not to breathe or taste while it went down, until it was finally gone.  And as for the test itself?  It was no big deal as many of you pointed out.  The drugs were great in that you were not completely out, and yet you remember nothing.  I do remember waking up (so to speak) and thinking to myself, "Am I in the same room?"  And I guess I must have said it aloud because 5 minutes later I was dressing to go home feeling none the worse for wear. Works for me, haha.  And the best news of all?  Everything was completely normal. Sooo, now I guess I go back to the docs in a couple of weeks and maybe he can find something to try to help my stomach issues.  He wanted to rule out anything serious before he did, so we will see.  Just wanted to thank everyone for your prayers and encouragement, I so appreciate it, but I will admit I am glad that is over for the next 10 years or so, haha.

I think most of my days will be spent at my parents house for a while, so if it doesn't seem as if I am visiting or posting as much that is why.  This is a hard season in EVERYONE'S life right now.  From my poor mom, to her children doing what we can to help her, to my children being there for me.  I think that is just how the Lord intends it to be.  There is no quick way through this season.  There are no shortcuts or easy roads.  We all travel along day by day doing the best we can.  Makes me glad for my relationship with the living God who provides me just what I need to get through everyday.  I thank Him for the sweet grand kids that I have been blessed with who lift my spirits with a hug, a kiss, or just a phone call to say hi.  I thank Him for my own kids who have proved that they will always be there for me, and for my husband who has partnered his life with mine, sharing all the good and all the bad.  And for all my friends and blogging buddies.  Yes, there is still much to be thankful for...even in the midst of hard times.

Well, I am off to run a couple of errands, and then over to my mom's.  Hope you all are having a good day!


10 comments:

  1. Debbie, So very thankful that test is behind you-lol for at least 10 yrs. I think the anticipation is worse than the actual test. I remember hearing noises before I woke up in the room where I started.
    Hang in there with your mom & dad. It is tough, but we will all be there eventually. Have a great day!
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the good news about the test. Praying you feel God's perfect peace during this time regarding your parents.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having problems blog hopping all weekend so I'm behind in reading. (Hope I have the tech problem du jour worked out!)

    I read the previous one first and then made a beeline to this one to see how the test went. I'm so glad that you not only survived the test, but it was a positive result.

    Now, if you can just find out what is causing the distress and get some relie for it.

    I read about the transition to the hospital bed too. I hope your mom was able to sleep. I remember it well when it was my mom in that position.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad for your good report.

    Yes, God always provides for us just what we need when we need it. I know he has certainly been with me in every way this past year with my Dad. Days I didn't think I could go another step and he lifted me up and on I went.

    I pray things will go smoothly for you in the days ahead as you care for your Mom and step Dad at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad all is well Debbie! I hope you can find out what is causing your tummy troubles soon!
    Take care!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad everything turned out so well, Debbie! My dh had this procedure last year, and when he first woke he asked them when were they going to do the procedure, they had a good laugh on him; he said that was some of the best sleep he'd had in a long time. ~smile~ I have been praying for you and your parents. I so relate to everything. It is hard as children to see your parents go through difficult situations,.
    May you find continued strength for this new journey.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God!!! Hugs and prayers as you walk through this season....love you lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news that all is well with you! (That's one little test that I'm not looking forward to at all so thank you for the encouragements.)

    A season of caregiving is always a challenge. How good to have a loving family that can close in the ranks and circle the wagons to take care of each other. And God does not leave us comfortless. I'll be thinking of you and trying to check in more often.

    Loved reading about that little Sam guy of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that your results came back normal. And the prep really is worse than the procedure, isn't it? The last time I had one done, I couldn't hold down the liquid ... I was afraid that they wouldn't be able to do the procedure and that I'd have to try again. Thankfully they were able to do it.

    Praying for you during this time of transition for you. It's a difficult time, but as you said, our God will provide you with what you need to get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad it's over for you and thankful that there is nothing serious. But still frustrating that you don't have any answers. So sorry you are going through everything with your mom and stepdad. Such a horrible time but so grateful you have so many family members around to help you deal with the stress of having to say goodbye. Know that I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!