Monday, March 25, 2013


Well, it is a little bit after 7 and I have another VERY busy day planned so I am going to get this up as quickly as I can.  I will admit there has been a temptation recently to let my blog go, but I always come back to how much I have liked having the printed books with an account of my journey through life so I press on.  Though!  I haven't yet had 2012 printed up.  But I noticed the other day they have fixed the one complaint I had about "blog 2 print" and that was that the pictures were all sooo small.  And since I am no longer printing up pictures, and my blog usually contains all my fav's anyway, it is the perfect way to get them done too, so I am anxious to get this done.

Friday ended up being one of those days honestly I just couldn't believe!  As I last left off I had told you mom had the seizure on Thursday etc.  Well Friday morning she was doing much better, but of course she wasn't back to herself at all.  We had a doc appointment for her at 11 so I was running around doing her laundry and trying to get her things together etc. before we left, as I have to have her ready to drop off by 3:30 (at my bil's work) in the afternoon for the week-end.  Well, I had helped her select some clothes, told her to go ahead and get dressed (she had already had her shower etc.,) and I went into to use the bathroom.  Next thing I knew I heard her let out a shriek and then a giant clump.  My heart in my throat I ran to her room and there she laid on the floor having fallen and knocked over the little round table in her room!  She usually sits down (I have said it a million times) to put her pants on, but for some reason she didn't do it and ended up on the floor.  I could tell she wasn't seriously injured so I was able to get her up and standing in a couple of minutes and then helped her get clothes on and got her settled on the couch so I could get everything else done.  She was complaining her arm hurt though (she could move it easily and there was nothing to see) so I figured now we would have to add getting x-rays done onto our day.  Sure enough the doc examined her and just to be safe sent us for x-rays.  She is going to increase her seizure meds at night as well hoping this will get her through the mornings.  She has had every one of her seizures between the hours of 7 and 7:30 am.  Really kind of weird.  We also got an order to see a new neurologist.  I honestly can't take the time to tell you the rest of the day, but if it could go wrong it did.  Pharmacy messed up her meds and we had to HASSLE that. (really long, really draining story!)  X-rays had to be done a good half hour from here as that is the only one that would take her insurance.  Clothes got loaded into dryer, but dryer didn't get turned on.  Bumper to bumper traffic it seemed every where we went, and on and on it went.  As it turned out her arm was fine and I was grateful, but seriously by the time she got out of my car and into my BIL'S (we meet at his work as it is MUCH closer for me than driving her all the way to their house) I was just completely exhausted.  I never took so much as a minutes break (even ate our lunch in the car between appointments) all day long.  I rolled into our driveway around 4:45, and I was just done....Then on Sun. morning I heard from my sister that mom had a stomach flu (or so we think it was!) pretty much ALL week-end...sigh.  So my poor sister was up with her all night long changing sheets etc., and caring for her.  I am sooo hoping she is doing better today and we have a MUCH better week.

I did have a relaxing week-end, though I had to do a lot of errands that I would ordinarily do during the week.  I put them off now until the week-end as it is just so much easier without mom.  But there was LOTS of "down" time and I took advantage of every moment let me tell you.  I did get to the fabric store (my favorite place in case you haven't figured it out, haha) and decided on all the fabrics to make James and Larissa's baby bedding, and quilts for both their baby and Melody's.  I was considering ordering the kits to save time, but decided against it when I figured out I could get ALL the fabric for the bedding, (4 sheets, bumper pads, bed skirt) and two quilts for the price it would have cost for one of the kits!  And I needed 2! And I would have still had to buy the bedding fabric!  Just couldn't justify it.  Now of course I don't HAVE to do any of this.  But I really WANT to.  It is definitely the way I relax and it occupies my hands and mind, and I just flat out enjoy it, so I press on.  Then on Sunday we went down to San Diego and church was just wonderful as always.  The message lifted my spirits and calmed my heart, and I felt it had been given just for me, haha.  Funny how that works sometimes.  After church we went to their house for lunch and spent a little time with the grands.  We left a little earlier than usual as I still had to stop at the mall and pick up something for my sister for her party this week-end.  I have a few things left to do to prepare for that as well, so this week is filling up fast.

Just want to show you a couple of quick pictures of the fabric, and then I am going to get busy with all I must get done before mom gets back here this afternoon.  Hope you all enjoy your week and can spend some time reflecting on the wonder of the resurrection of Christ and the power it has in our lives!  Blessings to you all!  Debbie





  1. God love you! The things that happen at your place...well, I guess it is duplicated the world over wherever caregiving goes on. I know that His mercies are new every morning...praying for you all. And sewing and fabric and thread and stuff? Cheap therapy!

  2. My goodness you poor thing.. You're being pulled in every direction and then some.. Im sorry things are so rough right now..Take advantage of ANY 'you time' your'e able to get as you need it to recharge yourself... I do hope you're getting good sleep at night. I remember when I took care of my mom when she had cancer, like you I was always running in 50 different directions and sleep was not refreshing either. I was perpetually exhausted.. Hang tightly onto the Lord, He will help you through.. The cow fabrics are adorable! I also love love love the fabric you bought for the sheets etc :)

  3. In the midst of all your care giving and doctor appointments, you still find time to creatively put together gifts for your family. The fabric choices you made will look so good together.

    I am sorry to hear that your mother had another setback. Your life sure has it's many different moments doesn't it?
    I wish you some calm days coming up.

  4. Hi Debbie, I will be praying that your mom is feeling 100% better. Girl, your day always makes me tired-don't know how you do all you do.
    I love the fabric and have some of the blue/brown polka dot. I'm not even thinking about Carrie's baby quilt at this point-I do have some darling girl fabric and a bit of boy fabric, so we'll just wait and see what I need.
    Hope you have a good week; don't stop blogging please. Some days I don't feel like I've got anything to share but I just love coming here.
    Hugs, Noreen

  5. Bless your heart for caring for your mom like you do, I know it can be physically and emotionally draining (your posts make me tired just thinking about all you do, praying that God will continue to give you much grace and strength to accomplish all you have to do) Love your fabric, I really enjoy looking at all the projects you whip up and please don't stop blogging.

  6. Oh my goodness, dear one. You all are just having a time of it, aren't you? {{{hug}}}. I hope and pray that this week will be a peaceful one for you all. I do hope you are able to continue to Blog. I certainly understand if you would choose not to, but I surely would miss checking in with you.

  7. Bless your heart, Debbie. I'm sorry so much is going on with your dear mom. Life can be exhausting, for sure.

  8. Though I'm truly glad that the arm is OK and it's one of those "all's well that end's well" posts, I'm still sending a hug your way for the day. You must have been utterly exhausted by the end of it.

    I love your fabric choices, but that's no surprise. I generally do. The cow print is adorable!

  9. Debbie this season in your life is busy! But you are doing what is right regarding your mom. One day you will look back and be so glad you spent this time with her in your home and made her feel welcome. However, I know it's not easy at all. I can sympathize with you on the medical stuff. So many would bring their parents in to the Cardiology office where I worked for many years. They were exhausted!

    I love the fabrics you will use. As I read your posts I often think of the Proverbs 31 woman. That is you Deb!

    Blessings and love,

  10. Debbie
    I love your fabric choices for the new grands. The farm print is perfect for Melody's new baby.
    So sorry to hear your Mom is having complications again. I will pray for her. I know it makes the load so heavy for you. When she is gone you will be so glad for all of these days together, but it sure doesn't make it any easier right now, I know.
    You take care and you are in my thoughts and prayers too!

  11. Wow what a week. I will read this post when I think I am stressed. Your poor Mom and your poor sister and poor you!!!
    I am so glad you have your sewing. I think that sewing is such a comfort.
    I really like the material you picked.
    I do hope that you have an easier week. I hope your Mom gets better too.


I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!