1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner? Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service? Eating too much chocolate? Well, our plans for Easter are kind of starting on Sat. We are having an Easter party/my sister's 60th birthday party combination, haha. We are going to all gather here (around 40 of us or so) at our clubhouse and are having ham, potato salad, rolls, baked beans, and many snacky type foods. There will also be cupcakes and plenty of candy. We will have an Easter egg hunt for the kids too. I will not be dyeing Easter eggs this year as that only sounds like fun to me if I were going to do it with my grands. On Easter Sunday we will go to San Diego for service, and no it will not be a sunrise one. As for eating too much chocolate, that is a negative...though I will have to work hard to avoid this temptation. But I have pretty much given up all sweets. : (
2. What is something you feel too young to do? Honestly? (now that I already am, haha), it would be living in a senior citizen park. Though the people we have met here are sweet, kind, and even interesting, they are quite a bit older than we are. Most all of them are my mothers age or even older. I guess there is another lady or two (or so I have been told!) who are in their late 50's like me, but I have yet to meet them, haha.
3. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..." Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love, which do you find most difficult to live out and why? I guess these have all at one point or another in my life been an issue. But lately it would have to be "is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs". Family issues and relationships can sometimes be so complicated. The Lord has really been working on my heart these last couple of days about something I really need to do deal with. I think this scripture may be a confirmation of what I need to do.
4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood? I think it would have to be Tulips. I just remember loving them as a young girl. We lived in house when I was quite young where they bloomed out front in the dozens every spring.
5. Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you?
I did do this once at my youngest son's 16th birthday party at a Pizza place. My sisters and I did it together. It was really very fun! Do you believe I can't even remember what we sang? It's true...Given the right opportunity, I might do it again for fun.
6. What is something you keep in a basket? Well, I keep a few things in a basket. A couple of them are..1. I keep a basket with all of our first aid supplies in it, and another would be a basket full of soup mixes and dry salad dressings etc.
7. When was the last time you felt foolish? Well, I am not sure I should tell these stories. They were really kind of embarrassing, haha. But! It was last Friday when I was in the midst of my wild day (see post below for some details) I actually did TWO foolish things. The first one was....We have a long driveway that is right next to our house. Whenever I am driving my mom around I tend to park way to near the house (rather than in the center of the driveway) to give her plenty of room to get out without falling etc. Well, the minute I opened my door I realized I was WAY too close. But "FOOLISHLY" I decided to get out anyway as I was in too much of a hurry to re-park. Well, half way out I managed to get my fairly large rear end actually stuck in the door! Seriously, I couldn't move forward or backward! Mom and I got to laughing so hard it was incredible. I told her she might have to get out and go for help which only made her laugh harder. I did manage to get out of course, but I won't be doing that again! And then! (might as well tell the other one too!) We were at the x-ray place in the parking lot. We were finally finished with all of our stops for the day and we were both soo tired and soo ready to be done. I got mom loaded into the car and buckled in and turned around quickly and walked right into a pole! Now how in the world I didn't manage to SEE a HUGE poll I cannot be sure. I was barely moving and it didn't hurt and mom didn't even notice that I did it. But I did feel foolish! Soo there you have it...
8. Insert your own random thought here....Seriously there are soo many random thoughts swirling around in my head tonight I don't even know if I can pick just one out. I did get started on the new quilt today and it is going quite a bit faster. I think I am really going to like the design I came up with, BUT I am using a flannel back satin for the backing. I am beginning to wonder if this might have been a mistake. It is soft (which babies always love!) and is sewing up nicely, (I was afraid it might tend to pucker, and it is not forgiving at all if you should make a mistake and need to rip out ~ so far so good on needing to do that though!) but I am also afraid it might ravel WAY too much. Guess I won't really know until I wash it up and see. Sure hoping it turns out OK. Mom is doing pretty good. She has taken it pretty easy these last couple of days, but she is eating well and seems to be tolerating the increased medicine alright.
Guess I will stop on the random thoughts or could go on for hours! My heart is preparing for the biggest day Christians celebrate this Sunday. Resurrection Day! He died that we might have life...How much better can it be?
Thought you might enjoy this picture of Sam enjoying his first vanilla shake on his 18 month "birthday" a couple of days ago, haha...
|LOOK AT THOSE SWEET LIPS! GRANDMA WILL MISS HIM ON EASTER!|
To join up with the other Hodgepodgers, click here and enjoy!