I have been meaning to do a HODGEPODGE post for a few weeks now, so I decided to just DO IT this week. Joyce From This Side of the Pond, hosts this fun party, and I appreciate all she the work she goes to for this event. She also has become one of my favorite blogs to visit, so if you get the chance, check her out, I KNOW you will be glad you did.
1. My sister is celebrating a birthday today. Happy birthday little sis! What's one way you're like your siblings? If you don't have siblings how are you like your lifelong best friend or cousin? Well I guess I am probably most like my older sister Di. We are a mere 18 months apart and did everything together kind of throughout our whole lives. She is my only sister who shares my love of sewing. And for anyone who knows me, you KNOW that's big. And we share a love of decorating, family and grandkids!
2. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of yourself at age eighteen? Being a new mom...kind of sad huh? Yes, the year I was 18 I was fresh out of high school and taking a couple of college classes, and taking care of a new baby all by myself. It was a hard year....
3. Sculptor-actor-painter-dancer...if you could excel in one of these arts, which would you choose and why? Well I guess I would pick painter, though honestly I am soo bad at any kind of art I can even hardly imagine it. And why? Because the other choices REALLY don't appeal to me.
4. What' a scent that takes you back in time, and where does it take you? Well let's see....the scent of sugar cookies baking takes me right back to Christmas time and making cookies with my mom and sisters. LOVED everything about that.
5. November is for Peanut Butter Lovers...National peanut butter lovers month...Are you a lover or a hater? What's your favorite dish/recipe that calls for peanut butter? First off I love peanut butter and will eat it just about any way you can think of, including just off a spoon dipped into a jar of it, though I haven't done that in quite a while, haha. As for a favorite recipe, I think good old peanut butter cookies are hard to beat.
6. What do people thank you personally for most often? I don't know....I guess it would be for making something for someone, or for taking someone to lunch or dinner.
7. What event this year are you most thankful for? I have so many things I have been thankful for throughout this last year I could never list them all, and yet, what EVENT has got me stumped for some reason. I think I will go for the purchasing of my new sewing machine with the money my mom left for me...is that an event? lol Seriously though I am so grateful for it and for being able to spend so much of my time enjoying it. I never sit down to it that I don't think of my mom and wish she would here to see it...
8. Insert your own random thought...I am working on this late Tues afternoon as I want to be have this all scheduled to go out in the morning. I have completed JD's PJ's and have Capri's all cut out and half done. IF and it's a big IF I get the energy together, I will finish them up after I finish here. I have about an hour or so to go. I am not going to lie, I am a little tired of making PJ's, lol. But let's see, counting Capri's I have made 8 pairs of jammies so far and 2 baby sleep sacks. I still have the 3 teen-agers to go. But as I mentioned last post, they only get the bottoms so that makes theirs REALLY fast and easy. They almost don't even count, lol. But I am taking the day off tomorrow. Not only is my cleaning lady coming, but I am having lunch with my girlfriend and going to do a little shopping too. My back can use the break let me tell you. I am going to have to go to Joannes though too as I don't have the fabric for the teen-agers PJ'S, I need a zipper for one more sleep sack, and I am again out of white thread. But it still counts as time off right?
Hope you all enjoy your day, and look for His blessings that are everywhere. Saw this verse this morning in my devotional time and thought, well I could apply it to my sewing, lol
Ecc 9:11 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all of your might...
Oh, and I have to add my latest favorite picture of one of my grands....This is little Vinny. He is getting soo big, and oh soo darling!
|HIS DADDY IS A BIG CHARGER FAN, LOL|