I decided I would participate this week in Hodgepodge Wednesday as I always enjoy the questions that Joyce comes up with every week. To join in or read the others who are playing along, click HERE.
1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way? Well I have already given this question WAY more thought than I probably should have, lol. I guess the answer would have to be, I think I am in "some" ways, at "some" times and depending. I guess if the subject is one I am passionate about then I have been known to be very vocal and relentless in getting my points, opinions, and thoughts out there. Other times though (even if I am feeling strongly) I remain silent when I shouldn't. I think when I was raising my kids I was definitely a force to be reckoned with. I had certain things I expected and by golly I EXPECTED it, not just from my children, but for those dealing with my children. Looking back now I think there might have been times I could have maybe loosened up a bit. I do know that if I felt my children were in any way being treated unfairly however or were under any attack I rushed to their defense seldom giving thought to my words or actions. I just kind of responded. I think if I HAD to say I think I spent a great deal of my life as a force to be reckoned with. But having reached the age I have, I wish now I had been more gentle in nature. Soo see what I mean? WAY too much thought!
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong of a word, what are two things you like about winter? Well living where I do wintertime is really not much of an issue, so it is easy to find things to like, or even to love. First I guess, I do love Christmas and Valentines Day and all that is involved with those. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to snuggle into my blankets at night, downright cold until I am safely burrowed in. I LOVE a fireplace going. I LOVE to hear rain on the roof (maybe it's because it barely ever happens) smell soup on the stove, and see the local mountains COVERED in snow. Guess I have gone over 2, so I will stop here.
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried? Well can't say there is a "favorite" of mine on the list, though I am pretty fond of kiwi. And my first landlady used to make persimmon cookies and those were just delicious (don't know if that counts). But I don't think I have ever actually had guava.
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign - "When all else fails, do the right thing?" Your thoughts. Well, off the top of my head this seems backwards to me. When all else fails sometimes it is TOO late to do the right thing, except of course turn to Jesus. But why would you do all the wrong things first just to arrive at the right thing? Or maybe they are referring to AFTER you have done all else and it DOESN'T work, there is Jesus to turn to. Soo many people are deceived into thinking that they will find their peace and happiness in ways that never will. And so maybe after they have pursued all else, they do what they should have done in the first place...turn to Him.
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are - St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer. Well, that would be a big NO I don't ski. So then if I take skiing out of the equation, then I guess the bottom line is I DO love Tahoe. I have been there twice, and it is simply beautiful. Which then one might wonder WHY would you chose to go somewhere you've already been? And then I guess I'd have to say because I am really not much of an adventurer or traveler. But I have always had a desire to go to Italy, so maybe I would chose Cortina Italy.
6. What is the last thing you looked for on-line? (besides my blog!) I have been on Pinterest looking for baby quilt ideas, baby shower game ideas, and baby shower decorations.
7. What saying, slogan, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year? Well I have seen several, but of course they all allude me now, so I am going to go with a verse that I have chosen to strive towards and encourage myself with this year. Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." I don't want to go into a whole Bible study here on this verse, but I could, lol. I want this to be the rule of my life when ordering my priorities this year. Yet, it is wrong to think that this is just another priority to fit into my list of priorities - and to put at the top. Instead, in everything I do, I want to seek first the kingdom of God. If you put God's kingdom first, and do not think that your physical well being is a worthy object to live your life for, you then may enjoy "all these things"... He promises heavenly treasure, rest in divine provision, and fulfillment of God's highest purpose for man - fellowship with Him, and being part of His kingdom.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I have soo many random thoughts but I WILL try to be brief. First, it was SOO warm Tuesday. 86 degrees if you can believe that! Definitely not very wintery, and definitely not what I feel like yet, lol. And then, I did finish up the rag quilt. I did manage to get the verse onto to a square, though my machine would not add a 4th line, so it is without a scripture reference. I am sure there is probably some way to do it, but I haven't figured it out yet. I am quite pleased with the quilt, though it was more work than I remembered. Today I am taking the day off and plan on having lunch out with my girlfriend Cindy, and just enjoying some girl time. I "might" cut out something to begin working on Thursday, but maybe not. Feeling kind of wishy washy on that right now. ; ) Hope you are all enjoying your week!
|NOT THE BEST LIGHTING, BUT YOU GET THE IDEA|
|CLOSE UP OF THE ADDED SQUARE|