Hodgepodge time once again. How I enjoy this! You can join the others loving this too right HERE!
1. What't the biggest change since your childhood in the way people think or act? I think I might be able to write an entire post on this question alone, so I will have to try and be brief. So much has changed since I was a kid or even since I was raising mine. You could practically pick any area and find the dramatic changes. But one of them that I have noticed is how necessary it is these days to protect your children from dangers that are just everywhere. As a young girl growing up I was able to walk down a few blocks to the local little corner store and buy "penny" candy ON MY OWN. I was maybe 9. We played outside AFTER DARK and ran from street to street playing hide and seek with never a thought of strangers or dangers. My kids enjoyed similar freedoms, though it wasn't quite the same. We were always sent outside to play. I did the same with mine. Didn't need games, electronic devices, and planned activities. How many times did I say to my boys, "just go play outside, or I will give you something to do" lol. They always did. Sad really. Guess I'd better stop...told you, could write a book.
2. The Olympic Biathlon involves cross country skiing broken up with either two or four rounds of target shooting. What part of that would stress you out more? Or would you love them both equally?Well honestly I can't imagine doing either one, lol. But for me it would have to be the cross country skiing. Considering I can barely WALK around, skiing anywhere seems monumental.
3. February is National Canned Food Month...what is your most often purchased canned food item? What was the last can you opened? My most often purchased would be canned soup. However my last opened item was a can a tomato sauce last night while I was preparing a meat loaf.
4. What river (anywhere in the world) would you most like to cruise? Well, I am not really a river cruising type of gal. I would most like to see the Jordon River. Guess I would just like to see and possibly even be on the same river Jesus was while here on earth. Think it would be soo neat to have been baptized there.
5. It is the middle of the night and you can't sleep...what do you do? Count sheep? Toss and turn? Watch television? Or do you get up and do something productive? Knowing me I'd probably just toss and turn sure that at any moment I would doze. Thankfully, it doesn't happen very often.
6. How important is keeping your cool? I think it is VERY important. Right behind that would be angry, and I really don't like being angry. Once I am angry I say things I wish I hadn't, DO things I shouldn't, get my blood pressure up and on and on the list goes. So I do my very best to "keep my cool" lol.
7. I've got white stuff on the brain so why not run with it? White lie, wave the white flag, white knuckle it, white wash a situation, or white as a sheet...which phrase could most recently apply to your own life in some way? Well let's see....none of them totally apply, lol, but I guess on a push I could say "waving the white flag" as I gave up today (after several attempts) to design my own quilted pillow front. I ended up going with a design I have seen done a few times. I liked it, but I wanted something different. But sometimes you just have to know when your beaten, lol.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I worked today on making the decorative pillow for Jessie's nursery. I can't tell you why I spent soo much time on a simple thing, other than I guess it was an opportunity to do some "different" and I wanted to experiment. All I really did though was waste some time as my few attempts looked ridiculous, lol. I do like it I guess, though it goes against everything in me NOT to make it more "babish" lol. I am looking forward to going to women's Bible study tomorrow morning. The study so far is REALLY good. I am soo glad the Lord gave me that little nudge. Hope you are all having a good week!
Blessings to you all! Debbie
Guess I might as well show you the completed pillow.
|SHE IS DOING NURSERY IN GREYS, NAVY, WHITE AND TOUCHES OF KELLY GREEN. THE PILLOW IS ON THE QUILT AND SITTING NEXT TO THE BED SKIRT, AND THE CRIB SHEETS|