Monday, February 3, 2014

A BEAUTIFUL WEEK-END!

Well it's a beautiful morning here in So. California after a little bit of rain last night, and I can hear birds singing,  the sun is shinning, and a soft little breeze is blowing the leaves of my palms out front...just a gorgeous day.  Our week-end was a good one.  Sat. we did a couple of quick errands on our way to my oldest son's house to help celebrate his youngest son Cody's fifth birthday (which is actually today!).  I honestly can't believe 5 years have already gone by.  What a sweet happy spirit this little guy has, and what joy he brings to our family.  We got to my son's house about 12:30 and they were all set up and ready to go. My son lives in an old farmhouse with LOTS and LOTS of land, and honestly it seems an almost perfect place to raise kids as there is soo much out door space.  They had a jumpy house set up, delicious food on the table, and cake waiting for later.  Cody quickly put the shirt on grandma had made for him for the day, and the kids began their day of running and playing.  Joe also has a basketball court, and the older "boys" all began their non-stop games.  Joe did hurt his ankle at the end of the day, so that wasn't good, but other than that they all had a ball too.  I have probably mentioned before that as we raised our family all sports were played with enthusiasm, but basketball was probably their number one choice.  Sooo many games were played over the years in our driveway, it seems as if I can't think of that house without remembering the sound of a basketball bouncing away. The little ones jumped in the jumpy, rode around on bikes, played some elaborate game of army and hide and seek as they ran from tree to tree, and us women sat around and chatted while we took turns holding little Vinny.  Truthfully, this grandma did MOST of that, haha, but he was sweet and was keeping Grandma toasty.  It was kind of cool if you weren't sitting directly in the sun, or running around like the men and the kids.  Cody was soo sweet on the day.  They eventually did a pinta too and collected their bags of candy with glee.  We finished up the day with cake after presents, and my hubby and I headed out to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our anniversary.  I had every intention of taking a pic of us together, but it never did happen.  I have yet to figure out (though I am working on it) how to edit pictures on this new computer, so bear with me if some of these pictures are in obvious need of editing.  I messed around with it this morning, but didn't get much accomplished, and I honestly need to get busy on my day.  So here are a few pictures of Sat.

SWEET CODY

DON'T KNOW WHO IS CUTER HERE, CODY OR DONATELLA CHEERING HIM ON

POSING WITH HIS GIFT FROM GREAT GRANDPA JACK

THE WHOLE GANG, WE GATHERED AROUND JOE WHO WAS ICING HIS ANKLE

CODY ON ONE OF HIS NEW GIFTS...A "SWIGGLE"  AND SPORTING THE JAMMIES GRANDMA MADE HIM!

Sunday we left bright and early as always for San Diego.  After service, which was soo good, we went out to lunch and then headed over to my son's house to watch the super bowl.  Not much of a game of course, but it was fun anyway.  We were rooting for the Sea Hawks so it did go well for us, lol, though truthfully none of us would have cared much if the Brunco's pulled it off.  My youngest grand daughter Donatella and I spent some of our time during the game playing beauty parlor with her pony's.  Lots of fun with us.  Took a couple of pics of that!

SOME OF OUR CLIENTS!

MY BEAUTIFUL CO-WORKER

VINNY SAYS HELLO!

ENJOYING HIS ORANGES!
 My son made a DELICIOUS dinner of tri tip, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and Italian sausage and we feasted on that towards the end of the game.  They all had brownies a little later but I was a good girl and resisted that. The drive home was a LONG one as the traffic was bad and it had begun to rain.  I think everyone in So. California had gone somewhere for the super bowl, lol.  But all in all in was a wonderful week-end which will go down in the memory books.  How grateful I am.  I have a busy week of sewing but not much else at this point on my horizon, and I am looking forward to that too. Hope all of you enjoyed your week-ends, and have a joyful heart as this new week begins!



Blessings, Debbie

















11 comments:

  1. Another fantastic family weekend. Cody looks so cute in his birthday boy shirt and jammies! Looks as if he has lots of fun ahead with the new toys. Hope that Joe's ankle calms down and heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time you must have had with all your family and celebrating that adorable little boy's birthday. Nothing quite compares with family time, does it. We don't get near enough of it. Have a great week and look forward to seeing you on Hodgepodge Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my friend, Sounds like a perfect weekend for you-it would have been great if the Broncos won but the best team did. Maybe next year.
    Love the jammies and all the family-we are so blessed to have so much love around us.
    Have a great afternoon.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice weekend! It looks like you had so much fun. Your crew is amazing.
    You have the most beautiful grand children Debbie.
    We are having a cold spell today. It finally feels like winter.
    I am so glad you got some rain. We haven't had a drop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cody looks so cute and proud in his special shirt, Debbie.
    It looks like the whole family had a fun time together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a spectacular weekend ... as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks wonderful! I don't know whether the little ponies are my favorite part or the swiggle and jammies.

    Happy Belated birthday to Cody!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an enchanting place to raise kids...I think the best. Another winner weekend. You do have the best weekends. My grands are close, but it is already rare to see them. I haven't seen one grand baby in over a month!
    Your sewing is just wonderful. What a precious loving thing you give to your grands
    Well..chalk this up to another wonderful memory packed weekend for Debbie! How precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little Cody!! Khloe loves the sit n spin, toy has been around a long time....Love the photo of ya all!!


    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful weekend, indeed. Love all of the details and photos, especially that little enjoying his oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sweet Cody! What a doll! How fun it has been for me, to watch your little ones grow!! And grow so fast!! I would SWOON over your son's farmhouse! I love the photos here!! Cody's shirt...so cute. And his jammies....love those too!!
    Our house is always a hot spot for games too. Lots of basketball, as Drew played since he was little. And now the grands keep those balls a bouncin'!!!
    Hugs to you, on this glorious day. I ordered up some more flannel over the weekend from Joann's They had a 48 cents shipping fee, for Feb 02 only. They didn't have a lot to choose from, but I got a few yards. I am loving that blanket pattern!!!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!