Wednesday, June 25, 2014
It's late (for me!) Tuesday night and I had a long day with two of my grandsons (soo fun!) and I am super tired I am not going to lie. So these questions will probably be answered briefly (for me) lol.
1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood? Well, guess that would have to be swimming. We could take a school bus to the local high school and swim for 4 hours for 25 cents. We went almost every day. How I loved it! There were 3 diving boards including a high dive and no end to hours of fun.
2. What's your favorite summer smell? Honestly, I think I will have to cheat here as I have a few, and picking just one would be almost impossible. Coconut sun tan lotion, freshly cut grass, hamburgers on the grill, chlorine from the swimming pool, corn on the cob bubbling on the stove, freshly cut watermelon, and roses blooming everywhere it seemed.
3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand? Very differently now then when I was young. As a child growing up I couldn't get enough of it. I loved playing in it. As a teenager I spread my towel out on it and loved the warmth of it, the feel of it underneath me, and almost the smell of it as I lay tanning. As a young mom my love turned to frustration as I tried to keep it off my babies hands as they ate, or from irritating their soft skin, or from it getting dragged into my house with wet swim suits and sandy feet. Now where I still occasionally like to dig my toes into as I sit soaking up the ocean, it's grit gets to me quickly, and sticks to me more than I like. And with my arthritic knees it is almost impossible to walk in it. So I guess you could say, it is no longer one of my favorite things which does make it hard, as an ocean view and day remains at the top of my list.
4. Sun-tea, Sun chips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name. Uummm, I love several of these, but I am going to go with sun-dried tomatoes right now.
5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day? Well for years and years and years it was jumping in a swimming pool. These days it is in my house with air conditioning cranking and a nice cool drink in my hand.
6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title. Sunshine on my Shoulders by John Denver....
7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful did you report it? Ever go back there again? Goodness I know I have had MANY of both over the years,. but they are all eluding me right now...must be too tired. The only thing coming to my mind right now is a recent one from the shop where I bought my new machine. I was in and out of there a lot in the beginning as I was trying so hard to figure things out and was having a hard time with it all. One of the gals in there could only be described as rude, condescending, and just downright unhelpful and quick to dismiss me as if I was truly bothering her. Truthfully I don't like to complain about such things that might result in someone getting into trouble etc., and always wonder what might be going on in their lives to make them act in such a way. But it got so that if I pulled up to the shop and she was the only one there, I just wanted to drive away. I finally called the shop and spoke to the owner and as politely as I could told him my problem. He was as nice as he could be and told me it wasn't the first time he had heard such a thing about her, but that it had been a while. He promised me he'd take care of it without naming names and thank me profusely for bringing it to his attention. She has treated me kindly ever since (though truthfully I rarely am in anymore, and not for questions or problems). It also makes me feel she is putting on a act, and not genuine at all, but at the end of the day it was worth it and I am glad I opened my mouth, lol.
8. Insert your own random thought here...The only thought I can think of right now is I am tired, lol, though I thoroughly enjoyed my day. I will post of it later. For now, nighty night!
at 12:00 AM