Wednesday, July 9, 2014
It's time again for the Hodgepodge. Time is a flying...
1. July is National Anti-Boredom Month. What was the last time you were bored? What's your go-to cure for boredom? Truthfully, I really don't know. I am almost never bored. And if I find myself in that rare state there are many things that will snap me out of it. Unformately right at the top is eating...sigh. But so will chatting on the phone, the computer in my lap with plenty of places to visit, games on my i-phone, a book, TV, and sewing or thinking about sewing, and then there is always a nap. Don't think I need to go on, lol.
2. What's the last thing you made a reservation for? Well let's see....I guess it would be reserving the clubhouse for Melody's birthday party/big family gathering in mid July.
3. What's one thing on your summer bucket list? Any plans to make it happen? Don't really have a bucket list per say, unless you count all the one on one time with each of my grandkids. And yes, the "plan" is in full swing.
4. What's your favorite summertime sip? Truthfully as boring as it sounds I NEVER drink anything but plain old water with the exception of the cup of my herbal tea every morning. It USED to be ice tea! And yes, I still miss it!
5. What do you find is the best way to handle another person's hostility and hopefully ease the tension? If I find myself around or talking to someone who is feeling or acting hostile, I usually do my best NOT to engage at all. Or "fuel the fire" so to speak. I try to listen and be that someone/somewhere for them to vent though.. I also do my best to say something funny as I find laughter is good medicine most of the time. I guess I am talking more about being around someone who is "grumpy" or crabby or irritated or even downright mad and therefore acting and saying things somewhat hostile, not a TRULY hostile person if you know what I mean. If someone were hostile to the point of being violent I'd get myself out of there ASAP.
6. Your favorite film set in summer? OK, well let's see...there are a few. Off the top of my head I'd probably go with Stand By Me...though I haven't seen it in a long time. Can hear the theme song in my head already...Under the boardwalk, down by the sea... But then there is also On Golden Pond and the Notebook is to isn't it?
7. What word are using too much lately? Wow, guess that might be...HUNGRY, lol. Dieting for 3 weeks now and hungry is always right there at the top popping out every other minute it seems, lol.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I have many so I will try to lasso in only a couple. I spent the day yesterday embroidering a BEAUTIFUL full blown picture (though small) on my embroidery machine. I didn't intend for it to be a full blown picture, but that's what it was. Just to give you a clue it had 4 different shades of blue in the sky and water, and 3 different shades of white in the houses and lighthouse! And 4 different shades of grey in other places (didn't even know there even were that many shades of grey!) It took me almost 4 hours! I did break here and there in that time, but still! And here is the bad part! I need to do it again! I have a few places where the color of thread I chose is NOT working, and it is ever so slightly crooked too. I really wish perfectionism was not one of my traits as honestly it is really pretty flaws and all, but I know I will never be able to bear it. So a trip to the store for thread, a nicer piece of fabric (a really dense design NEEDS a thicker nice piece of fabric) and maybe even a little stronger piece of stabilizer as well. And I need to get it done as it is the front of a pillow I am making for my younger sister for her birthday and I am running out of time as Diane will be here tomorrow, I STILL have one place mat to make for Melody's birthday and she will be here NEXT Wednesday for 10 days (only 1 more week! YAY!) and her birthday is only 5 days after that, so I want this to be done by Friday. And I still need to grocery shop, get my hair and nails done, find some new toys for the boys to play with while they are here, CLEAN and organize things for her party. Think I will make it? It seems I always rushing to finish something...maybe it's why I am rarely bored, lol.
Enjoy the rest of your week! Blessings to all! Debbie
at 5:46 AM