Wednesday, August 26, 2015

BUSY DAYS.....


Well here we are to late Wednesday afternoon again already and I am just getting around to posting again....but it is what it is what I can say?

I really don't have much to blog about I guess is what the bottom line is other then what I have been up to and I am pretty sure all of my regular readers KNOW what that is...YES, your right, more sewing projects.  I finished up my Advent Calendar for Melody and honestly it was SOOO much work I've decided I must have been a little crazy when I decided to do it.  All 24 of the little envelopes have an embroidered design on them, most of which had several color changes so there was just NO quick way to do them.  Then after the design was done, they had to be cut into the shape of the envelopes.  After I finally finished that part, I decided to do the top of this one a little differently then I did the other one.  [I find that happens a lot if I make more then one of some item....there's always room to improve!]  Anyway, I did a first for me on it in that I re-hooped and did 5 different designs on it to make one full picture.  I have to say I do really like the way it came out, but it took me over 4 hours just on this part.  Then! I needed to stitch out all the numbers [another hour by the time I cut them all apart] and then glue all the little bows to the numbers, and then glue all the numbers to the stitched envelope designs, and then then all the envelopes to the long piece of felt with the top header on it....whew....Now I will say it is REALLY super cute, but truthfully it might have been just as cute using a pre-designed fabric sheet with the whole thing on it.  And then I could have done the WHOLE thing in probably a days worth of work, instead of a couple weeks worth of work this one took, lol. The pictures I have been taking are just NOT good, so I actually drug out my good camera and honestly they are still not very good and just don't do the thing justice.  It is much better in person...but let me show you....

IT'S REALLY QUITE LONG AS I LEFT MORE ROOM BETWEEN THE ROWS SO THAT GETTING THINGS IN AND OUT OF THE POCKETS WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT.  IT''S NOT AS WIDE, BUT IT IS KIND OF LONG.  IT SHOULD FIX NICELY ON THE BACK OF THEIR BEDROOM DOOR IF SHE CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE ELSE TO HANG IT!
HERE'S A LITTLE CLOSER LOOK AT THE TOP, OR HEADER, AND YOU CAN SEE SOME OF THE ENVELOPES A LITTLE BETTER THIS WAY TOO.  THIS WHOLE THING IS MADE OUT OF FELT AND THREAD. THE DESIGNS ON THE TOP WERE FROM SOME OF DESIGNS FOR THE ENVELOPES, AND THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS WAS FROM A FONT I BOUGHT A WHILE AGO THAT I PARTICULARLY LIKE 

After I finally finished this project I had planned on getting started on the kids trick or treat bags, and Halloween pillow cases, when I remember that Fall is around the corner [too focused on Christmas!] and I had intended to try something new for a Fall dec for me.  Remember last year for Christmas I had made the little quilted Christmas trees?  Well, I had liked them soo much I thought to myself, WHY couldn't I make some for the fall out of the gorgeous fall fabric you can find everywhere right now.  Sooo I dug into my stash [I have a lot of fall fabric for some reason!] and got some of my left over from last Christmas Styrofoam trees, and cut my squares, grabbed my pins and got busy.  I LOVED the way they came out.  Now truthfully the way I arrived at how to top those trees was a long, somewhat draining story that I will skip, but between Melody and my sisters helping with their opinions as I shot over option after option for them to see, I FINALLY arrived at one I liked.  It wasn't easy as the trees HAVE to have a topper to cover up the work on top of them and I hadn't really thought it through as to what I was going to do about that.  Christmas trees were easy as I simply used ribbons, and bows, and poinsettia flowers and glittery stars to top them off, but WHAT do you put on a Fall tree?  lol   Let me show you these....

NOT SURE YOU CAN REALLY SEE VERY WELL WHAT THE TOPS OF THE TREES ARE....BUT I GLUED A COUPLE OF FLOWERS TO THE TOP OF EACH ONE, AND THEN HAD TO GIVE THEM A PRETTY SEVERE HAIR CUT TO MAKE THEM FIT RIGHT, LOL.  THEN! I MADE LITTLE GOLD BOWS AND GLUED THEM ALL THE WAY AROUND THE TOP.   SUPER CUTE....I REALLY SHOULD SHOW YOU SOME OF THE HILARIOUS OTHER OPTIONS I HAD, BUT I WILL SPARE YOU, LOL.  TRUST ME THOUGH THEY WERE GOOD FOR A GOOD LAUGH!  
I honestly like the way these came out so well I might make a few more.  They are super easy, but kind of time consuming so I want to finish up some of the other things first.  OH, and I decided to make a scripture picture as well and frame it and sit it by the trees somewhere just like I did at Christmas time with a Christmas scripture.  I got that stitched out today, but I am still dwelling on it so it is not framed yet....not to mention that's where hubby comes in, lol, as he does my framing for me.  I think I might want to re-do this on thicker stronger fabric, and maybe even change the colors up a bit.  But the design took me a good couple of hours and I am not sure it's worth it.  Let me show you that....

LOVE THIS VERSE, BUT MORE ON THIS LATER!

Oh I want to show you a picture of sweet Claire sporting her new Juicy couture swim suit that my youngest sister Donna sent to Claire.  It is honestly the most adorable thing I ever saw, lol....Enjoy!

THE BOW WAS ANOTHER GIFT FROM SOMEONE ELSE....SOO FUN!  SHE LOOKS SOO MUCH LIKE HER MAMA HERE I SHOULD PULL OUT SOME OF MEL'S BABY PICTURES AND SHOW YOU SOMETIME JUST HOW MUCH!

LOOK AT THE RUFFLES ON THE BOTTOM....SOO CUTE@
So guess that's it for now.  I need to see to dinner so I will have to get out off of here.  It's been SOO warm here we have been melting.  I have read around blogland that some of you are already seeing a change in your weather....I am trying not to be jealous over here I am not going to lie.  Hope your all having a good week!  Blessings to you all!  Debbie


5 comments:

  1. Another (very!) productive week for you, Debbie!! The advent calendar is a work of art. And I'll have to take your word for it that those autumn trees are "super easy" because they don't look super easy to me! Of course, Baby Claire is as darling as ever. Love that suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, Your BABY CLAIRE is adorable!!!!
    I CANNOT believe how much you do!!! You MUST be a type A person and super OVER achiever!
    Your Fall Trees are simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love that Advent calendar! It is so cute and I know the boys are going to enjoy it so much this Christmas.
    I love how everything turned out.
    Your Christmas trees are just perfect. I like those too. Fall Trees? :)
    Claire is just adorable and that swim suit is wonderful too.
    I am with you, I was feeling a bit jealous of cool weather too. It is going to be a while for us. Like after Halloween. I tried to talk Ron into moving to Ohio. He totally wouldn't go for that as he likes heat. :)
    Stay cool and I love all of your projects. I wish I could motivated myself to start Christmas things. I am in denial though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Advent Calendars!! And of course, Claire is just too precious for words in that adorable little swim suit. Cute, cute, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! that calendar is definitely a labor of love my friend. And, Claire, just adorable!!!! Happy new week to you!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!