1. Speaking of skating...when did you last 'skate on thin ice', 'skate over the details', 'encounter a cheapskate', or just plain skate? OH WOW off the top of my head NOTHING is coming to mind....let's see....I think I will go with "skate over the details" as that is how I follow directions when it comes to sewing anymore. I am always so sure I have a better, quicker, or less fiddly way of doing something. Unfornately it usually has me "skating on thin ice" as I try to keep from ruining something. Happened just this morning, but that's a story for another time.
2. What would you say is the biggest problem of people your age? Do we only get just one? lol I think I will go with health related items....the old body just ain't what it used to be.
3. What is your favorite accessory? Is it something you wear every day, often, or only on special occasions? Well now this is going to sound terrible, but I generally don't wear any accessories at all. I do put on a pair of earrings now that I have cut my hair short, but only when I am going somewhere. I don't put them on to hang around the house [which is MOST of the time!] Does my wedding ring count? I don't wear necklaces, scarves, bracelets, or the like unless it is a very special occasion, and then only because I feel like I should. I did wear all of these things with pleasure when I was younger, but not anymore.
4. January 20th is National Cheese Lovers' Day. Are you a lover of cheese? What's your favorite dish made with cheese? Last thing you ate that contained some kind of cheese? Yes, I am a big lover of cheese! All different kinds! I had a sandwich for lunch today with a slice of Swiss cheese on it. But probably my favorite dish made with cheese is good old pizza. Though I almost never eat it anymore. I love cheese just sprinkled on salads, and melted on veggies.
5. What's something guaranteed to make you roll your eyes? Well there are a few I will admit, but right there at the top is a braggart.
6. Your favorite book series? Oh I have SOO many....Ann of Green Gables, the Chronicles of Narnia, the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke, Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, but coming in as a tie as my favorites would be either the Baxter Family series by Karen Kingsbury, or the Chronicles of the Kings by Lynn Austin.
7. Why did you choose your profession? From the time I was a little girl all I ever really wanted to do was to get married and raise a family. I might have chosen teaching as well, but with a few choices I made as a young girl that never happened. I am grateful that I was able to be a stay at home mom and devote my life to raising my four kids, and keeping my home. I entertained thoughts of being a professional seamstress too, but settle on sewing for fun.
8. Insert your own random thought...Finished up the last of the blankets for the great grand daughter this morning. I appliqued a little bird on the corner of the inside of the blanket. I have made soo many of these little appliques in the past that I decided I was going to skip a step to get it done faster. Too long and too complicated to explain if you don't machine embroider, but let me just say this...it was a BIG mistake. I ended up having to start all over again AFTER going back to the store and buying another piece of fabric. So not only did it not save me any time, my brilliant idea made it take WAY longer, and cost me another 4 bucks besides, sigh, lol. I am pleased with the way it finally turned out though. Let me show you.
|JUST A LITTLE CLOSER LOOK AT THE APPLIQUE...I USED THE OUTSIDE OF THE BLANKET FABRIC FOR HER WINGS AND TAIL FEATHERS, AND USED THE PURPLE THREAD FOR THE DECORATIVE FINISHING STITCH. LOVE PLAYING WITH THESE DESIGNS.|
|I THINK I AM DONE WITH THESE KIND OF BLANKETS...TIME TO MOVE ON TO BURP CLOTHS|